Your sacrificial lamb

Started by the Teuton, April 07, 2009, 06:30:26 PM

the Teuton

Suppose you have all of the auto industry at your disposal.  What brand would you kill that isn't yet on its deathbed and why?

You are not allowed to kill these, as they've already been put on watch:
-Mercury
-Saab
-Hummer
-Pontiac
-Saturn
-Buick
-GMC
-Chrysler
-Dodge
-And anything else put on deathwatch by the auto industry as we know it.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Payman

Eye of the Tiger

Kia

it's like Hyundai, except nobody likes it
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

93JC

A four-way tie between Honda, Toyota, BMW and Mercedes-Benz.

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Onslaught

I don't see much of a need for Mercury or Lincoln for that matter.

Tell you the truth, I wouldn't care if any of the ones on the list died. Other than the fact that the people who for for them would be fucked.

sandertheshark

Killing Toyota, Honda and Nissan would be a viable alternative to my plan to bomb Japan again.

Onslaught

If I could kill an import then it would be Mitsubishi

the Teuton

I'm going to go with Mitsubishi.  With the exception of the Evo, the brand is useless.  None of their cars feel special, and they all feel cheap, they're not really competitive, and they're just kind of a waste of space.

jadewolf123

Citroen, or any french car company. Bunch of wankers.
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

Eye of the Tiger

the Teuton

Truth be told, my number 2 right now is VDub.  I just can't really see anything I like in their lineup right now.  They need to bring over some ultra economical car or something soon.  Right now, they're like Mitsubishi with better interiors.

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

Subaru is pretty useless. They need to bring over some ultra economical car or something soon. Enough with the damn flat-four tractor engines, gas-sucking all-wheel-drive, shitty interiors, and lesbians.

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on April 07, 2009, 06:48:37 PM
Subaru is pretty useless. They need to bring over some ultra economical car or something soon. Enough with the damn flat-four tractor engines, gas-sucking all-wheel-drive, shitty interiors, and lesbians.

You're a lesbian.

Laconian

Isuzu. If that's too obvious, than Suzuki. If/when Suzuki finally brings the Swift here I might change my mind, but otherwise I couldn't care less if they went bye-bye.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Onslaught

Quote from: NACar on April 07, 2009, 06:44:26 PM
I like Mitsubishi. WTF.
I think of them as the ass crack of Japan.

MrH

Everyone is going to think I'm crazy, but I'm going to go for it...

Chevrolet.  The only thing that remotely interests me is the Corvette.  The rest of the line up doesn't appeal to me at all.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Byteme

Hummer.

A monument to conspicuous consumption that no one needs

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on April 07, 2009, 06:51:32 PM
Isuzu. If that's too obvious, than Suzuki. If/when Suzuki finally brings the Swift here I might change my mind, but otherwise I couldn't care less if they went bye-bye.

Suzuki makes cars? :confused:

MX793

Quote from: Laconian on April 07, 2009, 06:51:32 PM

I think Isuzu is in their final year, if they're not gone already.

I'd agree with Suzuki.  Other than the Grand Vitara and SX4, everything else they sell in America is just a POS Daewoo rebadge.  Can't say I'd miss them.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

SVT666

2o6

Isuzu's been out of the Passenger car market since 2005, IIRC. They make stellar commercial vehicles, though.

Buick shouldn't go..........it's a cash cow in china.

Hummer and Mercury should go. The rest (except Lincoln) IMO should shrink, maybe producing four different models, tops.

sandertheshark

Really, I don't want any car brand to go.  I want some of the dead ones to come back.  I like to have choices, dammit!

Gotta-Qik-C7

Volvo! Their line up puts me to  :zzz:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Rupert

Since Isuzu is pretty much gone, that's too obvious. I'd say Kia, because Hyundai is the same but better. I want more of the European cars to be here, not less, and the American brands that I would eliminate are already on that list. :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Submariner

Quote from: 93JC on April 07, 2009, 06:35:47 PM
A four-way tie between Honda, Toyota, BMW and Mercedes-Benz.

What's so bad about any of them?

As for me:

Kia, because their cars blow, and not a single car in their lineup is attractive in the least.

Saturn, because all of their cars blow, and they haven't turned a profit, evar?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

the Teuton

Trust me when I say this:  You will like the Kia Soul.  It's really nice for a $15,000 box.

Submariner

Quote from: the Teuton on April 07, 2009, 11:33:06 PM
Trust me when I say this:  You will like the Kia Soul.  It's really nice for a $15,000 box.

I hate all of those stupid fucking hipster boxes.  Every person I see driving one is either a balding middle aged man, or some ricer wannabe with neon's and 15 inch spinners.

I like two boxy vehicles, the G-class and the Defender series (and the Isuzu Trooper...I have a soft spot for them) every other box out there should be lit on fire.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Rupert

Quote from: Submariner on April 07, 2009, 11:40:26 PM
I hate all of those stupid fucking hipster boxes.  Every person I see driving one is either a balding middle aged man, or some ricer wannabe with neon's and 15 inch spinners.

I like two boxy vehicles, the G-class and the Defender series (and the Isuzu Trooper...I have a soft spot for them) every other box out there should be lit on fire.

:ohyeah:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA