MRT Interceptor

Started by Fire It Up, August 11, 2005, 10:46:37 AM

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

BMWDave

Not bad...470 hp for about 32K.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

R33 GT-R

I love bolt on juice, it's a wonderful thing.  
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

Run Away

That thing looks badass.

Raghavan

wow. bang for buck is great.

Raza

Very nice.  

Great.  Now I have another car to consider.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

Very nice.  

Great.  Now I have another car to consider.
I dont think its a whole another car, its just a kit to consider if you get a Mustang.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Very nice. 

Great.  Now I have another car to consider.
I dont think its a whole another car, its just a kit to consider if you get a Mustang.
I know, but with this kit, it makes the Mustang a serious competitor.

Where are the RX-8 mods?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

That thing looks very nice from the front, but it is tacky from the rear. Really there will be no reason to get one of those once the GT500 hits showrooms. And, Raza, have you looked into aftermarket sun roofs?

Raza

QuoteThat thing looks very nice from the front, but it is tacky from the rear. Really there will be no reason to get one of those once the GT500 hits showrooms. And, Raza, have you looked into aftermarket sun roofs?
Everything's a pop and slide job, and they're still pretty expensive.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

So that isn't a possibility? And, keep in mind that you likely won't miss one as much as you think you will.

Raza

QuoteSo that isn't a possibility? And, keep in mind that you likely won't miss one as much as you think you will.
I never close the cover, and  it's open when I drive.  I think the RX-8 is a better choice for me anyway.  It focuses on handling, but is still quick, stylish, leather interior, good quality, sunroof, 6 speed.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Fire It Up

Dont RX8's have aftermarket s/c's?

R33 GT-R

QuoteDont RX8's have aftermarket s/c's?
If they do the price is probably horrid.

FlatBlackCaddy

A turbo is better suited to a rotary motor anyway, and i do believe someone has made a kit for the RX-8.

TBR

Greddy makes a $4195 kit for the RX-8.

R33 GT-R

QuoteGreddy makes a $4195 kit for the RX-8.
But after you add it the question is how many miles will you get before a rebuild.  40-65k.

JYODER240

How much more power do you get from it?
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

BMWDave

QuoteThis kit will provide more usable power band with mid-and high-rpm power output where it really counts! Not only is this the best way to add the needed power to your RX8 but it's also the easiest. Greddy has proven this kit to raise the factory HP levels from 202.2HP @ 8200RPM?s up to 260.9HP @ 7800RPM; and the torque levels have improved from the stock 125.7FT/LBS @ 5650RPM?s up to 176.3FT/LBS @ 5600RPM.

2007 Honda S2000

R33 GT-R

Not near enough for the price.

Raza

QuoteNot near enough for the price.
I agree.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Fire It Up

I agree.
Then just get a damn sti and chip it!

R33 GT-R

I agree.
Over 4k for 48hp is really sad, for 4k on the RX8 you should at least get double that or a minimum of 90.  If the car was heavier it wouldn't be good until you could get 125 at that price.  

Raza

I agree.
Then just get a damn sti and chip it!
I don't think the STi is going to happen.  Too many cons, not enough pros.  

Actually, it's got more pros than cons, but there's one big, big cop attracting con that I can't get over.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

QuoteThis kit will provide more usable power band with mid-and high-rpm power output where it really counts! Not only is this the best way to add the needed power to your RX8 but it's also the easiest. Greddy has proven this kit to raise the factory HP levels from 202.2HP @ 8200RPM?s up to 260.9HP @ 7800RPM; and the torque levels have improved from the stock 125.7FT/LBS @ 5650RPM?s up to 176.3FT/LBS @ 5600RPM.
I assume that is HP at the wheels. It says 260 up from 202, The RX-8 puts out 238 at the flywheel so 202 at the wheels sounds right. If it puts out 260 at the rear wheels it should be putting out around 300 at the flywheel.  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

BMWDave

I assume that is HP at the wheels. It says 260 up from 202, The RX-8 puts out 238 at the flywheel so 202 at the wheels sounds right. If it puts out 260 at the rear wheels it should be putting out around 300 at the flywheel.
I believe there were (not sure about it anymore) two version of the RX-8.  One put out 202 hp, and the other put out 238.  I saw it in the Mazda Brochure from a year or so ago.  Perhaps thats what its talking about.

2007 Honda S2000

FlatBlackCaddy

I thought the Rx-8 is about handling and not raw power, so how can adding more power for 4K(not that much considering the purchase price) be a waste.

By that logic the car itself is a waste, considering the amount paid vs stock power.

FlatBlackCaddy

I believe there were (not sure about it anymore) two version of the RX-8.  One put out 202 hp, and the other put out 238.  I saw it in the Mazda Brochure from a year or so ago.  Perhaps thats what its talking about.
My guess is that its wheel hp, most aftermarket companies have their own dyno.  So most of the figures quoted for hp gains is over the baseline WHP figures.

Stillen does this as well with their supercharger kits for the 350Z and G35

BMWDave

On another site they say you get a 30% hp gain and a 40 % torque gain.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

The automatic trans RX-8 makes 197bhp.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i