Top Ten cars I hate being stuck behind in traffic!

Started by Gotta-Qik-C7, April 27, 2009, 10:36:30 PM

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Morris Minor

Hrmph: reading all this, I need to test the speedometers in my cars against the little Nuvi GPS Nav unit.  IIRC the speedometers typically read +3mph of the Nav at highway speeds - but I need to recheck.

This brings up the question of the safe margin of illegality. Given that you typically would not get a ticket if you are within 10 mph of the posted speed limit, I should be able to set the cruise for a speedometer-indicated 82mph and be OK.... just about... officer... sorry, but... I just upgraded the firmware in my Garmin; it was fine before that... so it's really not my fault.

⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Xer0

When I was driving over to Minnesota this past winter, the little Garmin showed a speed that was within one mph of what the digital speedo on my Civic .

dazzleman

Hah, very funnt Laconian.  It is good to feel like a rebel...:lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Rupert

Quote from: dazzleman on May 05, 2009, 07:01:54 PM
Hah, very funnt Laconian.  It is good to feel like a rebel...:lol:

...even if you're as square as a Borg cube. ;) :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

dazzleman

That's right Psilos.  Now go smoke some more weed, DOOOOOD..:lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Rupert

:lol:

As I keep telling Benzene, I hardly smoke anymore. I'm probably as square as you at this point. ;)
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Laconian

Quote from: Psilos on May 06, 2009, 11:20:53 PM

As I keep telling Benzene, I hardly smoke anymore. I'm probably as square as you at this point. ;)
"Benzodiazepine" is more apropos.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

rohan

Quote from: ChrisV on May 04, 2009, 05:39:17 AM
That's retarded. Seriously retarded. I see cars of that vintage and older all the time, and you're full of shit if you think that anything built in those years "stinks."
Right- because they're always so well maintained.  :rolleyes:   People who drive older cars like that do it because they dont' have a lot of money and aren't going to maintain them because they don't have a lot of money.  And if you don't maintain them and tune them up they stink.  don't believe me?   Come to Michigan and we can go for a drive- within 10 minutes you'll see what I mean. 
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

dazzleman

Quote from: Psilos on May 06, 2009, 11:20:53 PM

Who 'you calling square, d00d?  :heated:  :lol:

[You're right, though.  My only real rebellion left is speeding.  Please don't take that away from me..... :cry:]

Rupert

Quote from: dazzleman on May 09, 2009, 10:06:58 AM
Who 'you calling square, d00d?  :heated:  :lol:

[You're right, though.  My only real rebellion left is speeding.  Please don't take that away from me..... :cry:]

Sorry, dazzle, we have to install this 55 mph limiter on your BMW...

Rupert

Quote from: rohan on May 09, 2009, 06:52:42 AM
Right- because they're always so well maintained.  :rolleyes:   People who drive older cars like that do it because they dont' have a lot of money and aren't going to maintain them because they don't have a lot of money.  And if you don't maintain them and tune them up they stink.  don't believe me?   Come to Michigan and we can go for a drive- within 10 minutes you'll see what I mean. 

Nope, still retarded.

hotrodalex

Quote from: rohan on May 09, 2009, 06:52:42 AM
Right- because they're always so well maintained.  :rolleyes:   People who drive older cars like that do it because they dont' have a lot of money and aren't going to maintain them because they don't have a lot of money.  And if you don't maintain them and tune them up they stink.  don't believe me?   Come to Michigan and we can go for a drive- within 10 minutes you'll see what I mean. 

Don't worry, I make my Camaro smell like berries or root beer sometimes. :lol: