Started by hotrodalex, May 05, 2009, 06:56:29 PM

Vinsanity

Quote from: R-inge on May 06, 2009, 01:58:29 PM
Porsche 911 EJ20T

yup, something along those lines :praise:

I always thought it would be cool to put one in a Karmann Ghia, too

Submariner

Quote from: GoCougs on May 05, 2009, 07:50:10 PM
I think it's pretty cool. The gaping quad exhaust tips are a bit much for me. Craftsmanship is incredible.

How the heck did such a young guy get all this money? (Didn't read the article.)

Obama's stimulus plan, and selling foodstamps.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

FoMoJo

I believe in respecting the marque whenever possible; but that's just me.

Post-war, hotrodding was about getting the most bang for the buck.  Ford roadsters with flatheads were the obvious choice until OHV small-blocks became available; largely from scrapyards in crashed and rusted out Chevys.  That the Chevy small-block was the obvious choice to put in Ford roadsters was that they fit easier and were lighter than the more robust Y-block.  That the oil sump was positioned more conveniently so as to not interfere with the front axle was another huge benefit.  Once the after-market became established there was a lot more you could do a lot cheaper than with most other engines.

However, when doing a modern hotrod, all of the domestic brands have engines that will better serve the purpose than something from a competing or foreign brand.  There's  really no need to go outside of the marque to get any power level you want.  To put a Toyota engine in a show quality Camara makes no sense to me and borders on the obscene; but I guess that was the reaction the guy was going for.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Onslaught

Quote from: FoMoJo on May 09, 2009, 08:51:32 AM

However, when doing a modern hotrod, all of the domestic brands have engines that will better serve the purpose than something from a competing or foreign brand.  There's  really no need to go outside of the marque to get any power level you want.  To put a Toyota engine in a show quality Camara makes no sense to me and borders on the obscene; but I guess that was the reaction the guy was going for.
In the end I'm kind of the same way. But to me it's the other way around. Being an RX-7 fan I cringe when I see rotary taken out and a V8 put in it's place. Yes I know it works and people like doing it. But it's not for me.

And please spare me the pictures of a blue FC that someone did that to on this form. I know all about the car and I still don't like it. You know who you are.