***Porsche Cayman S vs Mercedes-Benz 500SL***

Started by cawimmer430, May 17, 2009, 11:25:20 AM

cawimmer430

My dad was visiting me in Munich with the 500SL (registered for a few weeks) and I used the opportunity to meet up with Pekka (Patrick) for a nice photoshoot between our Stuttgart-made cars.

The pictures are a combination of normal photographs and light HDR shots. I wasn't satisfied with the lighting conditions (intense sunlight) but because of time issues we had no choice but to take these pictures right then. I figured the light HDR effect would balance out the intense sunlight and thus make them more pleasurable to view. Hope you like the shots!  :mrcool:

More shots coming up on my Facebook profile.  :ohyeah:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

CALL_911

It really is hard to believe the R171 is 20 years old. Few cars will age as well as it has.

Awesome pics, Wimmer. That Cayman really is quite the looker.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Morris Minor

Nice job, Christian. I think the Cayman is the best-looking Porsche; a Porsche with the engine in the right place
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

cawimmer430

Quote from: CALL_911 on May 17, 2009, 04:15:43 PM
It really is hard to believe the R171 is 20 years old. Few cars will age as well as it has.

Awesome pics, Wimmer. That Cayman really is quite the looker.

Yep, 20 years old and still drives nicely. She's got new tires from Hankook. Have to check out the specs but my dad just bought them a few days ago. They feel nice.  :mrcool:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Vinsanity

that road looks frighteningly narrow to drive 90 mph on :nutty:

cawimmer430

Quote from: Morris Minor on May 17, 2009, 04:30:01 PM
Nice job, Christian. I think the Cayman is the best-looking Porsche; a Porsche with the engine in the right place

Thanks.  :cheers:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Vinsanity on May 17, 2009, 07:50:20 PM
that road looks frighteningly narrow to drive 90 mph on :nutty:

I have a large p___s.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

jadewolf123

Tell your friend congratulations on having a complete d-bag shirt.
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

Raza

The Cayman looks better and better to me every time I see one.  I'll still never buy one unless I already had an open top car in my stable, but it's certainly quite nice.  I love the rear view. 

Some stunning shots, there, and I'm not talking about the lighting.  The one where you setup the Cayman badge visible through your windscreen where you also have your badge visible?  Fantastic. 

The SL has aged incredibly well.  It'll be a drivable classic soon, just like a 1980s 911 is now.

By the way, you're making me really miss our Boxster.  God, I need to buy another one right now.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: jadewolf123 on May 19, 2009, 06:10:59 AM

I'm guessing you have two of the same one, right?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

Quote from: jadewolf123 on May 19, 2009, 06:10:59 AM

I thought it was a cool shirt and a compliment to Robert DeNiro.  :thumbsup:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on May 19, 2009, 02:15:26 PM
The Cayman looks better and better to me every time I see one.  I'll still never buy one unless I already had an open top car in my stable, but it's certainly quite nice.  I love the rear view. 

Some stunning shots, there, and I'm not talking about the lighting.  The one where you setup the Cayman badge visible through your windscreen where you also have your badge visible?  Fantastic. 

The SL has aged incredibly well.  It'll be a drivable classic soon, just like a 1980s 911 is now.

By the way, you're making me really miss our Boxster.  God, I need to buy another one right now.

What happened to your Boxster anyway? Traded it in for the VW?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 19, 2009, 03:10:11 PM

What happened to your Boxster anyway? Traded it in for the VW?

Nope, my dad sold it out of the lease when he bought his Lexus.  My mom hated the car, and it pissed her off that it was here.  Since I wasn't paying for it, even though it was registered in my name and was technically my car, I had no say in the matter.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on May 20, 2009, 01:47:12 PM
Nope, my dad sold it out of the lease when he bought his Lexus.  My mom hated the car, and it pissed her off that it was here.  Since I wasn't paying for it, even though it was registered in my name and was technically my car, I had no say in the matter.

At least you're enjoying and having fun with your current ride.  :cheers:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 21, 2009, 04:27:14 AM
At least you're enjoying and having fun with your current ride.  :cheers:

Yeah, it's awesome.  I do miss having a convertible though.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on May 21, 2009, 02:34:26 PM
Yeah, it's awesome.  I do miss having a convertible though.

Do you have a sunroof?  :thumbsup:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 22, 2009, 09:56:45 AM
Do you have a sunroof?  :thumbsup:

Yep.  Decent sized one, too, and like my Passat's the glass can stow fully into the roof, so there's a big opening. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

AltinD

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

Raza

Quote from: AltinD on May 31, 2009, 09:52:20 AM
My opening is bigger then yours.  :lol:

Is it?

You know the CC's panoramic roof doesn't even open?  It just tilts.  That would annoy me. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

AltinD

Quote from: Raza  on May 31, 2009, 09:56:03 AM
Is it?

You know the CC's panoramic roof doesn't even open?  It just tilts.  That would annoy me. 

Why should I care about the CC? I don't drive one. :lol:

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD