Law Enforcement Memorial plates: LEO brownie points?

Started by Laconian, May 22, 2009, 08:33:15 PM

dazzleman

Quote from: bing_oh on May 24, 2009, 06:38:38 PM
Ahahah! :nono: CAN be a dickhead in person, thank you.

It's MR. Dickhead, if you want to show the proper respect.  Or maybe even Officer Dickhead.

Psilos -- You should get the 1980 movie "Hollywood Knights."  I think you'd appreciate the antics of the kids in the movie involving a police officer in the movie who has it out for them.  It's the sort of adolescent, juvenile, rebel-type movie that I still appreciate.  There's a lot of hilarious stuff in it.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

hounddog

Quote from: Psilos on May 24, 2009, 06:25:59 PM
I got the point of his post. You guys come from Detriot, and he's a dickhead in person.

;)
Hey, go back and read what I had added to that post. 
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

bing_oh

Quote from: dazzleman on May 24, 2009, 06:45:39 PM
It's MR. Dickhead, if you want to show the proper respect.  Or maybe even Officer Dickhead.

Ha! That reminds me of dealing with a little skater punk awhile back. He insited on calling me "dawg." I corrected him...it's OFFICER Dawg!

dazzleman

Quote from: bing_oh on May 24, 2009, 06:50:24 PM
Ha! That reminds me of dealing with a little skater punk awhile back. He insited on calling me "dawg." I corrected him...it's OFFICER Dawg!

Damn right.  He needs to show respect.  He sounds like a funny kid, actually.  I love wiseasses.  They always keep things interesting.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

hounddog

I always hated it when someone decided it was perfectly ok to start calling me by my first name while I was on duty.

"It is only considered polite to address someone by their first name when you are friends.  I am not your friend, I am not your little buddy, I am not your drinking buddy.  You may refer to me as Sgt., Sgt. White, Sir, Officer or any combination containing those words."

I stopped saying that when someone called me "White officer."
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

dazzleman

Quote from: hounddog on May 24, 2009, 06:55:18 PM
I always hated it when someone decided it was perfectly ok to start calling me by my first name while I was on duty.

"It is only considered polite to address someone by their first name when you are friends.  I am not your friend, I am not your little buddy, I am not your drinking buddy.  You may refer to me as Sgt., Sgt. White, Sir, Officer or any combination containing those words."

:lol:
White officer....that's hilarious.

I got to be friendly with some of the officers in my town when I took the Citizen's Police Academy.  I've seen a couple of them on duty, and addressed them by their first names.  We're not friends, but we're friendly.  Do you think that's rude of me?  I also addressed the detective I dealt with regarding the attempted burglary at my house by his first name, after we'd established some friendly banter.  Is that rude?

hounddog

No that is not, I am talking about scumbags we deal with, not the good guys.  The good guys were always welcome to call me almost anything they wanted.

I had a little old lady that used to call me Harry.  Never figured out why.  :huh:
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

Rupert

Quote from: dazzleman on May 24, 2009, 06:35:34 PM
Hah, I was actually quoting Rodney King during the LA riots.

I am serious though about getting along.  I hate fighting.  Joking around and ball-busting is great, but I hate real hostility between people.

A while back, I thought you disliked me (never reciprocated), but we're friends now.

There's real hostility, and there's internet hostility. I figure that angry emotions are amplified a few times on the internet. I don't like real hostility, but internet hostility, while often misplaced, etc., is just sort of an LOL thing, ya know?

I didn't like you for a while, years ago, and I think it was mostly politics (which I still think are misguided, but that's another thread or fifty).  :partyon:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Quote from: bing_oh on May 24, 2009, 06:38:38 PM
Ahahah! :nono: CAN be a dickhead in person, thank you.

Is, can, what's the difference? And you're welcome. 0_o

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Rupert

Quote from: hounddog on May 24, 2009, 06:55:18 PM

Sgt. Officer Sir?

A friend got pulled over in his extended cab Ranger with me, him, and, like, four other people smashed in there (and a couple of illicit things) for pulling an (unbeknownst to him and us) illegal U-turn. He just got a warning (I think the LEO just wanted to see what was up). One of my dumbass friends thanked the "Officer sir," which was only hilarious in retrospect.

dazzleman

If you didn't like me then on the basis of my politics, why do like me now?  My politics haven't really changed much.

BTW, your politics are misguided IMO...:lol:

Rupert

Quote from: hounddog on May 24, 2009, 06:16:27 PM
And you would certainly know.  :rolleyes:

And yet the point of his post goes unnoticed.  Typical.

And, so that this is absolutely clear;  I have no trouble communicating with anyone here on a civil level.  But, again, that road has to run both ways. 

Posts like this do nothing to tell me you are serious about civility.  How can someone with such good taste in beer be so naughty?

I'm not serious about civility because, apparently, neither are you. ;)

Also, naughty? You want to stick with that word?

^ Except with houndog.  :wtf:

Minpin

People will always disagree on politics, but in the end the majority of the BS we disagree with, as far as political things go, are meaningless and have little impact on our daily lives. Now, I am talking about abortion/no abortion, not war/peace.  The old saying, Ye must agree to disagree to commence henceforthwithshalt! :cheers:
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Rupert

Quote from: dazzleman on May 24, 2009, 08:47:06 PM
If you didn't like me then on the basis of my politics, why do like me now?  My politics haven't really changed much.

BTW, your politics are misguided IMO...:lol:

Dude, your politics are so misguided, they're like a Sidewinder missile that turns around and blows up the plane that shot it! :lol:

I think your politics have become less prominent on the BB. Also, I typically don't reply to your political posts, because I know it will go nowhere fast (meaning, we'll never agree). And, for a while, there was this old New England conservative guy circle jerk thing that really pissed me off. You, Ron, and Catman... Man, that was annoying. :lol:

dazzleman

Quote from: Minpin on May 24, 2009, 08:50:01 PM
People will always disagree on politics, but in the end the majority of the BS we disagree with, as far as political things go, are meaningless and have little impact on our daily lives. Now, I am talking about abortion/no abortion, not war/peace.  The old saying, Ye must agree to disagree to commence henceforthwithshalt! :cheers:

Psilos used to get really steamed up over my criticisms of certain aspects of feminism, for whatever reason.

Minpin

Quote from: dazzleman on May 24, 2009, 08:55:51 PM
Psilos used to get really steamed up over my criticisms of certain aspects of feminism, for whatever reason.

What that women deserve to be in the kitchen and they can't handle real life outside of their domain?  :lol: (seriously)  :pullover:

dazzleman

Quote from: Psilos on May 24, 2009, 08:55:20 PM
Dude, your politics are so misguided, they're like a Sidewinder missile that turns around and blows up the plane that shot it! :lol:

I think your politics have become less prominent on the BB. Also, I typically don't reply to your political posts, because I know it will go nowhere fast (meaning, we'll never agree). And, for a while, there was this old New England conservative guy circle jerk thing that really pissed me off. You, Ron, and Catman... Man, that was annoying. :lol:

I still post a decent amount about politics, but it's mostly on economic/financial issues at this point in time.  We've been through a long period where we simply label people, and once they're labeled a certain way, we don't bother to actually listen to what they have to say.  I think there are valid viewpoints on all ends of the political spectrum, though I continue to favor the conservative side.  Still, you may not have recognized the subtlety of some of what I've said, and where I deviate from doctrinaire conservatism.  It seems that once a person gets the 'conservative' (or liberal) label, that's it in the minds of some people, and there's no further consideration of any of their views.  I think we have to get away from this type of thinking if we are to regain a functioning political system.

I think you like me now simply because you finally realized what a badass I truly am, and you just can't help but deeply admire it..... :devil:

Rupert

Quote from: dazzleman on May 24, 2009, 08:55:51 PM

And other stuff. I still do, whenever you post about it. But I stay quiet because we've had that discussion many times already. It's like dealing with my grandparents. Just don't say anything political or religious, and you're good to go. :lol:

Minpin

Oh god, religion is such a hot topic nowadays. I feel like I have to hide my religion for fear of being cast as the outsider. They are always like "?Really? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

dazzleman

Quote from: Psilos on May 24, 2009, 09:04:42 PM
And other stuff. I still do, whenever you post about it. But I stay quiet because we've had that discussion many times already. It's like dealing with my grandparents. Just don't say anything political or religious, and you're good to go. :lol:

But I guess the question still remains.  If you didn't like me because of my views earlier, and they haven't changed, why do you seem to get along with me now?

Minpin

Quote from: dazzleman on May 24, 2009, 09:05:57 PM
But I guess the question still remains.  If you didn't like me because of my views earlier, and they haven't changed, why do you seem to get along with me now?

He has to respect his elders, and namely his Carspin Dad. Right, Psilos.  ;) :winkguy:

Rupert

Quote from: dazzleman on May 24, 2009, 09:01:42 PM
I still post a decent amount about politics, but it's mostly on economic/financial issues at this point in time.  We've been through a long period where we simply label people, and once they're labeled a certain way, we don't bother to actually listen to what they have to say.  I think there are valid viewpoints on all ends of the political spectrum, though I continue to favor the conservative side.  Still, you may not have recognized the subtlety of some of what I've said, and where I deviate from doctrinaire conservatism.  It seems that once a person gets the 'conservative' (or liberal) label, that's it in the minds of some people, and there's no further consideration of any of their views.  I think we have to get away from this type of thinking if we are to regain a functioning political system.

I think you like me now simply because you finally realized what a badass I truly am, and you just can't help but deeply admire it..... :devil:

I try to pay attention to the actual point and logic, but sometimes, and with a lot of people, that is so well disguised behind the usual talking points and partisan BS, that it's hard to pull out. And then, when I do get it, I still disagree with it, and etc.

Yes, daz, I like you deeply. Deeply. I want your Bimmer, if you know what I mean. :winkguy:

That's about as creepy as Wimmer, now, eh?  :praise: :lol:

Rupert

Quote from: Minpin on May 24, 2009, 09:05:55 PM
Oh god, religion is such a hot topic nowadays. I feel like I have to hide my religion for fear of being cast as the outsider. They are always like "?Really? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

What religion are you?

dazzleman

Quote from: Psilos on May 24, 2009, 09:09:38 PM
I try to pay attention to the actual point and logic, but sometimes, and with a lot of people, that is so well disguised behind the usual talking points and partisan BS, that it's hard to pull out. And then, when I do get it, I still disagree with it, and etc.

Yes, daz, I like you deeply. Deeply. I want your Bimmer, if you know what I mean. :winkguy:

That's about as creepy as Wimmer, now, eh?  :praise: :lol:

You're sick, man.... :praise:

Rupert

Quote from: Minpin on May 24, 2009, 09:06:58 PM
He has to respect his elders, and namely his Carspin Dad. Right, Psilos.  ;) :winkguy:

0_o

I think it's obvious that I don't respect people because of their age, isn't it? :lol:

Minpin

Quote from: Psilos on May 24, 2009, 09:10:18 PM
What religion are you?

I lack a religion. Atheist, and my parents don't even accept it. They make me go to church when I am home.  :facepalm:

Quote from: Psilos on May 24, 2009, 09:11:36 PM
0_o

I think it's obvious that I don't respect people because of their age, isn't it? :lol:

I was trying to move this thing along.  :heated:

Rupert

Quote from: dazzleman on May 24, 2009, 09:05:57 PM

It wasn't just your views. It was the utter persistence. You managed to insert your views into every thread, and then Ron and Catman would show up and you all would pat each other on the back...

Anyway, I am better at ignoring parts of otherwise good people that I don't like now.

Rupert

Quote from: Minpin on May 24, 2009, 09:13:07 PM
I lack a religion. Atheist, and my parents don't even accept it. They make me go to church when I am home.  :facepalm:

I was trying to move this thing along.  :heated:

Ah, smart man. :lol:

Minpin

Quote from: Psilos on May 24, 2009, 09:14:09 PM
Ah, smart man. :lol:

About what?  :lol: I tend to believe in evolution, and that contradicts with everything the bible says, so....

MX793

Quote from: Minpin on May 24, 2009, 09:15:01 PM
About what?  :lol: I tend to believe in evolution, and that contradicts with everything the bible says, so....

You act as though Christianity is the only religion.  And one need not take every word in the Bible literally to still believe in Christianity or otherwise practice the religion.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5