2009 Highlander Limited w/2200 Miles

Started by Catman, May 25, 2009, 03:18:42 PM

CJ

CJ

Catman

Quote from: CJ on May 25, 2009, 08:12:23 PM
Certified pre-owned?

I could but, again, I really don't want a premium luxury brand.  They never seem to be a good value and often have worse reliability.

CJ

CJ

Catman

Quote from: CJ on May 25, 2009, 08:27:28 PM
Just spouting out ideas.

We pretty much already narrowed it down, but I appreciate it.

CJ

The Highlander is really nice.  I'm taking one to Fossill Rim Wildlife Center in Glenrose, TX next weekend. 

sandertheshark

Of Toyota's current line of SUVs, I do believe the Highlander is the least ugly.  I do believe you could get a better deal on a competitor though, especially the GM Lambdas or a Mazda CX-9

ifcar

I assume you wife wouldn't go for a Kia? Because you should be able to get a tremendous deal on the Borrego, which is a truck instead of a Camry (closer to what you have now) and has a usable third row seat.

Here's Edmunds pricing on a fully loaded one:

And they're having so much trouble moving the things that you could probably do better than that.

Catman

Quote from: ifcar on May 26, 2009, 05:42:10 AM
I assume you wife wouldn't go for a Kia? Because you should be able to get a tremendous deal on the Borrego, which is a truck instead of a Camry (closer to what you have now) and has a usable third row seat.

Here's Edmunds pricing on a fully loaded one:

And they're having so much trouble moving the things that you could probably do better than that.

I considered it.  I actually looked at one while in NY and came away reasonably impressed.  She didn't want anything to do with it. 

sportyaccordy

X5 4.8is? How many kids do you have?

CALL_911

Wait, but if it's replacing the Sequoia, isn't it your car?  :confused:

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Catman

Quote from: CALL_911 on May 26, 2009, 07:24:11 AM
Wait, but if it's replacing the Sequoia, isn't it your car?  :confused:

When you're married you have to agree on large purchases.

CALL_911

Quote from: Catman on May 26, 2009, 07:35:29 AM
When you're married you have to agree on large purchases.

Fair enough.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

SVT666

She won't look at Ford or Hyundai?  That's too bad.  I hope you're trying to straighten her out.

Raza

Quote from: Catman on May 25, 2009, 03:18:42 PM
Was looking at an 09 Highlander today.  It had 2200 miles on it.  He says the manager was using it.  So I asked how much they were taking off the sticker?  Answer was 10 cents a mile.... :nutty:  Anyway, this particular Highlander had every conceivable option including Nav and DVD system.  Sticker was right about $41K.  Edmunds shows a TMV of $4000 less.  It's an 09 and the 2010's are coming out very soon.  I didn't get into the pricing much since I'm not under the gun right now but I might check back in a week or two.

Anyway, I would think the fact that it's a used vehicle would warrant a bigger price cut?

A lot of times, managers tend to think manager-used cars are valued higher than they should be.  My local VW dealer has an R32 on the lot that's been there for over a year, with about 10K miles on it, all manager driven.  Discount?  2K.  I got 8K off the Boxster and that had barely 4K miles, and a free clear bra. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Payman

S204STi

Quote from: HEMI666 on May 26, 2009, 09:07:55 AM
She won't look at Ford or Hyundai?  That's too bad.  I hope you're trying to straighten her out.

If it ain't broke...  :devil:

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on May 26, 2009, 10:38:58 AM
A lot of times, managers tend to think manager-used cars are valued higher than they should be.  My local VW dealer has an R32 on the lot that's been there for over a year, with about 10K miles on it, all manager driven.  Discount?  2K.  I got 8K off the Boxster and that had barely 4K miles, and a free clear bra. 

VW dealers and those R32s.  They act like they've got a real bonafide supercar there on the lot (sort of like Subaru/Mitsu dealers too).

sportyaccordy

Quote from: R-inge on May 26, 2009, 01:30:23 PM
VW dealers and those R32s.  They act like they've got a real bonafide supercar there on the lot (sort of like Subaru/Mitsu dealers too).
Times are tough. I guess there's no money made on a car that's never been sold but if they can hold out for more $$$$$$$ more power to them.

Catman

Quote from: Payman on May 26, 2009, 10:59:49 AM
Huh.

I think it would only come down to a brawl if we couldn't find any common ground.

the Teuton

Quote from: R-inge on May 26, 2009, 01:30:23 PM

I hate dealers like that...unless it really is something special.

A $40k economy car is not that special, though.  Yes, I said it, and I know what implications it has.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

S204STi

Quote from: the Teuton on May 26, 2009, 03:19:56 PM
I hate dealers like that...unless it really is something special.

A $40k economy car is not that special, though.  Yes, I said it, and I know what implications it has.

Any dealer that acts like their shit is too nice to touch, unless we're talking about a $50k+ vehicle, should have a reality check.

CALL_911

Quote from: R-inge on May 26, 2009, 03:21:49 PM
Any dealer that acts like their shit is too nice to touch, unless we're talking about a $50k+ vehicle, should have a reality check.

Even with cars $50k+, they shouldn't be acting like that.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

nickdrinkwater

It's a buyers market.  Sure you could get a better deal than that.

Catman

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on May 26, 2009, 04:42:02 PM
It's a buyers market.  Sure you could get a better deal than that.

They got a bunch of Sport models in today.  Much more reasonably priced and they have leather so I may start working them over.

Payman

Quote from: Catman on May 26, 2009, 02:12:50 PM
I think it would only come down to a brawl if we couldn't find any common ground.

Jenn thinks her old Tercel was the best car in the world. We both agree she has no input when it comes to vehicles... unless it's a car for her only.

the Teuton

Quote from: CALL_911 on May 26, 2009, 04:26:55 PM
Even with cars $50k+, they shouldn't be acting like that.

Above that point, it depends on the car and the clientele, imo.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!