Got Rimz?

Started by Vinsanity, June 06, 2009, 06:21:19 PM

SVT_Power

Quote from: sportyaccordy on June 07, 2009, 10:49:26 AM
You don't need a body kit. You need lowering springs

he's only got so much gap between the fender and the tire (maybe couple of inchs?). The body on the other hand is almost 8-10 inches off the ground (judging from relative position to centre of wheel)
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

A car like mine only needs lowering springs since I've only got a few inchs under the skirts and I've got 3-4 inchs in the fender...
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Vinsanity

hehe, that's pretty cool, Wimmer :praise:

Quote from: sportyaccordy on June 07, 2009, 10:49:26 AM
You don't need a body kit. You need lowering springs

I really don't think I have enough clearance between the fender and the tire to prevent rubbing. And yes, I know that sounds like weaksauce to a guy whose car almost blends perfectly with its own shadow in his sig :tounge:

Quote from: Colin on June 07, 2009, 06:29:32 AM
Compared to some of the excesses I saw out on the freeways of California yesterday, that's quite restrained, and doesn;t look bad.

Nice shots of Costa Mesa, btw......... I visit our office there (on Anton Blvd) from time to time, though it's quite a trek from Glendale and mid-Wilshire Blvd where I am more often to be found when I am in SoCal.

Haha, on the way to work when I took the pics, I saw some kind of early-2000's Buick Regal lifted on 22's, and then on the way back, I saw yet another of the same car with giant rims. Normally, I might feel defeated and "out-done", but this is just silly.

But yeah, there's really no "good" way to get from Costa Mesa to Glendale or mid-Wilshire; choosing freeways is a matter of guessing the lesser of two evils.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Looks good. I wouldn't lower the car or put a body kit (thats so 1980s) on it. It looks good the way it is.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

SVT_Power

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on June 07, 2009, 04:00:21 PM
Looks good. I wouldn't lower the car or put a body kit (thats so 1980s) on it. It looks good the way it is.

body kit's so 1980's? what the hell are you on...?

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: SVT_Power on June 07, 2009, 04:08:11 PM
body kit's so 1980's? what the hell are you on...?
Do you remember all the S10s,Benzes,Audi 5000s,5.0s,Accords, Etc. that people were putting kits on? Remember "Ferrari" kits? That when the kit craze took off. Hell around here even Buick Park Aves and Olds 98s had body kits (along wit mock tops and deep dish rims) in the late 80s.

S10 with Ferrari kit!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

ChrisV

Looks really good, dude! Love the polish on those.

just for comparison, here's a pic with a set of H&R 1.9" drop springs, and a pic with the same springs and a slight side skirt set to visually lower the car more.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

SVT_Power

that's some ridiculous photoshop skills..

Vinsanity

wow, that drop does make the car look that much sharper :ohyeah: very tempting...

ChrisV

yeah, a slight rolling of the fender lips and you'd be golden, as the tires would move slightly inward under compression.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

hotrodalex

Quote from: ChrisV on June 09, 2009, 10:49:32 AM
yeah, a slight rolling of the fender lips and you'd be golden, as the tires would move slightly inward under compression.

Plus it would look a little more aggressive with rolled fenders.

Sweet photoshop skills by the way. :ohyeah:

Vinsanity

Quote from: hotrodalex on June 18, 2009, 09:20:36 PM
Plus it would look a little more aggressive with rolled fenders.

Sweet photoshop skills by the way. :ohyeah:

I was thinking that too :mrcool:

That ride height drop really enhances the slight wheel arch flare