Most Feminine car.

Started by 2o6, June 16, 2009, 12:30:26 PM

Onslaught

Quote from: rohan on June 24, 2009, 06:20:12 PM
In order

1) 

What? A Probe GT is a girl car? I never saw very many girls in the GT Probe at all. They went for the Mazda MX-6 more than the Probe.

Rich

My chick friend's first car was a Probe
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

93JC

I gave my chick friend a probe.

(best I could come up with at 11:00pm...)

Onslaught

Quote from: 93JC on June 24, 2009, 11:20:01 PM
I gave my chick friend a probe.

(best I could come up with at 11:00pm...)
Turbo or V6 one?

SVT32V

Quote from: 2o6 on June 16, 2009, 12:30:26 PM
I was inspired. What do you think is the most feminine car ever?

Vinsanity

meh. the TC isn't any more feminine than any other 2-door FWD sport compact. And there are at least as many guy drivers (mostly the type that end all their statements with ", yo") as there are females.

2o6

I think the xA is kinda feminine.

Raza

While I see a lot of girls driving tCs (including hot blonde yesterday...smoking, literally; Wimmer would have been pissed), I don't see anything inherently feminine about it.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ChrisV

Quote from: Raza  on June 24, 2009, 06:25:14 PM
I rarely see men driving BMWs period.  At most half of 5ers are driven by men, and that's being generous.  I'd say 80/20 women/men on the 3er, but the 20/80 on the 7.  X5, X3, and X6 are all 90/10. 

Actually, I've never seen a man drive an X6.

While I see women in all BMWs, I see way more men in them than women. And so far, I've only seen men in X6s.  :huh:

But, again, I'd really say that most cars listed may have women drivers, but not feminine characteristics. Only a small number of cars ever were marketed specifically to women, and designed specifically to appeal to women. Very few of the cars so far listed fall into that category.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on June 25, 2009, 01:19:33 PM
While I see women in all BMWs, I see way more men in them than women. And so far, I've only seen men in X6s.  :huh:

But, again, I'd really say that most cars listed may have women drivers, but not feminine characteristics. Only a small number of cars ever were marketed specifically to women, and designed specifically to appeal to women. Very few of the cars so far listed fall into that category.

Maybe it's to do with demographics.  Where I live, if you see a male in a 3 series, it's usually because he borrowed his mom's car. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ChrisV

Quote from: Raza  on June 25, 2009, 01:37:53 PM
Maybe it's to do with demographics.  Where I live, if you see a male in a 3 series, it's usually because he borrowed his mom's car. 

Here it's all asians in modded 3 series coupes. All the BMW meets are dominated by young guys in E36s and E92s.

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on June 25, 2009, 01:54:49 PM
Here it's all asians in modded 3 series coupes. All the BMW meets are dominated by young guys in E36s and E92s.

Oh yeah, in E36s it's all men, and a lot of Asians (at least where I went to school; E36s are rarer than my steaks out here). 

I think what a lot of people are missing is that women tend to like smaller cars or midsize to large SUVs.  My mother is the only woman I know of who drives a large sedan.  That, in no way, makes those cars feminine, it just makes them chosen by women.  I like small cars.  They're light, quick, agile, and good looking, and if you could please, make mine a two seat convertible while you're at it, because I love those two.  I see a lot of women in Z4s, MX-5s, SLKs, Boxsters, and shockingly MR-2s (which is a car so ugly only someone who loves to drive could love that car, because it drives so well and looks so bad...) as well, even in SLs, too. 

But you're right.  That doesn't make them feminine. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza  on June 25, 2009, 02:02:02 PM
I see a lot of women in Z4s, MX-5s, SLKs, Boxsters, and shockingly MR-2s (which is a car so ugly only someone who loves to drive could love that car, because it drives so well and looks so bad...) as well, even in SLs, too. 

I'd even add S2000's to that list. The demographic for those and the CTS are more similar than one might expect.

hounddog

I have to add the Lexus RX350.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

hounddog

Quote from: ChrisV on June 25, 2009, 01:19:33 PM

Also, I usually only see men driving 7 series cars and 6 series coupes, while I pretty much only see women driving the convertibles.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

JWC

The most common "chick" car is a SUV or a Jeep.   

When I worked at a Jeep dealer, Wranglers were almost always driven by young college girls.

ChrisV

Oh, almost forgot... Any Mary Kay car, especially the pink Caddys...

Onslaught

Yep, that ^^^ was my number one car on the list too. I see one like that every day. The woman doesn't look that good however.

S204STi

Quote from: Onslaught on June 27, 2009, 07:18:01 AM
Yep, that ^^^ was my number one car on the list too. I see one like that every day. The woman doesn't look that good however.

Haha, Mary Kay consultants vary in age from smokin' to barely alive.  Mostly it's the older ladies to have the cars, so there you have it.

+1 to the Mary Kay car thing... that includes the Vibe, Grand Prix, Astra and Aura, in addition to the cars already posted.

the Teuton

Quote from: thecarnut on June 24, 2009, 09:52:25 PM
I think MKIII VW Cabs are the most feminine cars out there.

You mean the Bitch Basket?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

The Pirate

Quote from: Onslaught on June 27, 2009, 07:18:01 AM

She's not that bad...
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Raza

Quote from: The Pirate on June 27, 2009, 08:48:04 PM
She's not that bad...

Yeah, I'm not about to devote my life to finding her or anything, but she's cute in a receptionist-next-door kind of way.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Vinsanity

Quote from: The Pirate on June 27, 2009, 08:48:04 PM
She's not that bad...

I think what Onslaught meant to say is that the Mary Kay saleslady he sees doesn't look as good as the one in the pic.

ChrisV

Quote from: Vinsanity on June 28, 2009, 01:58:19 AM
I think what Onslaught meant to say is that the Mary Kay saleslady he sees doesn't look as good as the one in the pic.

Yeah, that's what I got from it, too.

the Teuton

Back on-topic, I believe I read somewhere that the two highest percentage of women buyers vehicles were the New Beetle and the RAV4.  Make of that what you will.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Onslaught

Quote from: Vinsanity on June 28, 2009, 01:58:19 AM
You're correct sir!

ChrisV

Quote from: thecarnut on June 24, 2009, 09:52:25 PM
I think MKIII VW Cabs are the most feminine cars out there.

the Teuton

See the handle and tall sides?  It's still a bitch basket.

the Teuton

Oh yeah, and that first one must be something like a vagina with teeth.  I'm sure that's pleasant.