Leftlanenews: Taurus SHO

Started by SVT666, June 23, 2009, 03:00:57 PM

sparkplug

Quote from: ifcar on August 25, 2009, 09:32:01 PM
Styling. Ford is gambling that people would rather have a sleek fullsize sedan than a useful one. We'll see if that works out for them.

They built the useful one and it didn't sell as well as it could have. That is a disappointment but it shows that many people choose style over substance.
Getting stoned, one stone at a time.

ifcar

Quote from: sparkplug on August 25, 2009, 09:40:49 PM
They built the useful one and it didn't sell as well as it could have. That is a disappointment but it shows that many people choose style over substance.

It remains to be seen how much better, if any, the new one will do.

Atomic

Quote from: thecarnut on June 23, 2009, 04:09:48 PM
The Genesis is better looking, has a V8, lighter, cheaper and isn't a Ford.

I see no reason to buy this over a Genesis. :huh:

well, they are two different beasts. i would compare the genesis to a lexus and perhaps the SHO to a chrysler 300c or nissan maxima -- still all different. in nys, awd (maybe even fwd) wins out. however, these cars are fairly costly (worth it, perhaps). it boils down to personal taste.

AutobahnSHO

Pfft.
I'm a SHO nut but to me the new one is so-so..
Will

SVT666

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on August 30, 2009, 05:56:19 PM
Pfft.
I'm a SHO nut but to me the new one is so-so..
Even though it will rape your old SHO?

SVT_Power

Quote from: HEMI666 on August 30, 2009, 10:20:53 PM

So? The new Ferrari california rapes the old 250 california  :huh:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT666

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 30, 2009, 10:34:59 PM
So? The new Ferrari california rapes the old 250 california  :huh:
We're hardly talking Ferraris here.  But since you brought it up...the new California kicks ass.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: HEMI666 on August 30, 2009, 10:20:53 PM

But now there are LOTS of cars that would rape my old one.
The original was untouchable by any other 4door unless it costed 2.5 to 3.5 TIMES as much.
The original was faster on the highway than the 5.0 Mustang.
http://www.geocities.com/autobahnsho/candd.html

I LIKE the new one, but it's expensive and there are plenty of other fast 4-doors out there for the same pricerange.
Will

SVT666

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on August 31, 2009, 08:15:40 AM
But now there are LOTS of cars that would rape my old one.
The original was untouchable by any other 4door unless it costed 2.5 to 3.5 TIMES as much.
The original was faster on the highway than the 5.0 Mustang.
http://www.geocities.com/autobahnsho/candd.html

I LIKE the new one, but it's expensive and there are plenty of other fast 4-doors out there for the same pricerange.
Yeah, but you forget.  When they made the original SHO, there were no other hi po 4 door sedans.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: HEMI666 on August 31, 2009, 09:02:42 AM
Yeah, but you forget.  When they made the original SHO, there were no other hi po 4 door sedans.

Sure there were- the M5 and 7-series. ;)
That's why the original SHO was so special. An AFFORDABLE hi po 4door.
AND it was the fastest FWD in the world!!

Now it's just one of many fast 4-doors. Sure I would like one, but it's way out of my budget and is NOT SUPER SPECIAL like the original.
Will