Weird rattling sound coming from front

Started by SVT_Power, July 03, 2009, 04:27:53 PM

SVT_Power

I took my plate and bracket off and zip tied it to the lower corner of the bumper last night and today I noticed a weird ratting sound once moving so I thought it was the plate. Then I took it off and the sound is still there.

The thing is it sounds exactly like what it would sound like if the plate wasn't secured (so use your imagination for exact sound).

It seems to only be there when I'm moving. If i'm in neutral and rev the car, the sound isn't there.

I looked to see if there was something stuck in the wheel but nothing there...
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

sparkplug

Might be something left from the old bracket.
Getting stoned, one stone at a time.

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

S204STi

Only when the vehicle is moving?  Check out anything that moves when the car does.

SVT_Power

Quote from: sparkplug on July 03, 2009, 04:45:24 PM
Might be something left from the old bracket.

well pieces of plastic from the bracket fell into the bumper but those definitely cannot be making this sound
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

Quote from: R-inge on July 03, 2009, 04:51:26 PM
Only when the vehicle is moving?  Check out anything that moves when the car does.

Yeah it's only when I'm moving. I'm gonna take a peek and see if there's something that's not connected to the car properly...

but i have no clue what could be causing this...

sparkplug

Maybe the bracket is holding the bumper to the car. hehe
Getting stoned, one stone at a time.