Upcoming car you are most excited about.

Started by 565, July 07, 2009, 09:33:53 PM

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: hotrodalex on July 08, 2009, 10:45:06 AM
:facepalm:

Just as bad as BMW's 5 series "GT".
I hate the Styling of the new Accords!!!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

hotrodalex

Quote from: gasoline on July 09, 2009, 08:56:35 PM
Th Chevy Volt and the Tesla Model S.

I want to see if the concept would work at all, and I am interested in whether or not the Tesla is a better implementation of it.

I forgot about the Tesla Model S. Should be interesting.

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on July 10, 2009, 02:41:10 PM
I hate the Styling of the new Accords!!!

The coupe is actually kind of good looking. But the sedan isn't my cup o' tea.

Onslaught

I never like the styling of new Honda cars when they come out. And then somehow they always grow on me after a year or so.

CJ

I don't like any new Honda product.  That includes Acura.  They're all overpriced and rattle to the days end after a year or so.  I DESPISE our Accord.  The ride is too harsh (Which Honda seem to think that this makes it sporty..it doesn't.  It makes me sick to my stomach when riding in the back seat.), it's too loud on the road, it handles poorly, it has a turn radius bigger than Jupiter, its seats are horribly uncomfortable (Though the back seat is quite spacious...), the trunk is small, the clearcoat is starting to peel on the hood in a few spots, the paint has all but COME OFF on one part of the passenger side front fender, there's a fly stuck in the drivers side tail light..etc.  It's a terrible vehicle and a pathetic excuse for a car with 24,000 miles. 

Raza

Twenty four thousand miles? 

That's ten thousand miles twice plus four hundred tens? 

Not two hundred forty thousand miles, right?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CJ

Raza

Quote from: CJ on July 12, 2009, 05:56:01 PM
Twenty four thousand miles, yes. 

Holy shit.  It sounds like that car is in horrible condition for its age.  I've seen 15 year old Esprits in better condition than it sounds your car is in. 

By any chance, does your local car wash use golf clubs instead of those spinny bristle things?  That could account for some of the problems. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CALL_911

Quote from: CJ on July 12, 2009, 09:08:37 AM
I don't like any new Honda product.  That includes Acura. 

It's funny you say that, for the last two days, my new car of the week is the S2000. :lol:

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Raza

Quote from: CALL_911 on July 12, 2009, 06:06:56 PM
It's funny you say that, for the last two days, my new car of the week is the S2000. :lol:

Is there a 2010 S2000?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

CALL_911

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=19190.msg1110999#msg1110999 date=1247443968
Is there a 2010 S2000?

I think 2009 is the last year.

That said, I think dealers have plenty of leftover 2008s.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

I don't like any new Honda product.  That includes Acura.  They're all overpriced and rattle to the days end after a year or so.  I DESPISE our Accord.  The ride is too harsh (Which Honda seem to think that this makes it sporty..it doesn't.  It makes me sick to my stomach when riding in the back seat.), it's too loud on the road, it handles poorly, it has a turn radius bigger than Jupiter, its seats are horribly uncomfortable (Though the back seat is quite spacious...), the trunk is small, the clearcoat is starting to peel on the hood in a few spots, the paint has all but COME OFF on one part of the passenger side front fender, there's a fly stuck in the drivers side tail light..etc.  It's a terrible vehicle and a pathetic excuse for a car with 24,000 miles. 

Haha I was waiting for this.  Is this Accord the same one as your grandfather's Accord?

Do you remember this thread a while back? 

http://www.carspin.net/forums/index.php?topic=13499.msg750406#msg750406

565:
"Agreed, it's pretty cheap.  All the plastic on the top part of the dash is rock hard, all the plastic on the bottom is hard, only the middle strip is soft (and that feels rather cheap too).  The interior was okay when new, but it's cheapness just grows with use.  My parent's accord interior (the exact same color as the one pictured) suffers from a huge case of squeaks.  Absolutely every surface squeaks cheaply when pressed (which wasn't the case when new).  Also the hard plastics used everywhere is extremely prone to scratches.  I can scratch it with my finger nail, and the surface is full of marks made by zippers, keys, buttons etc."

CJ:
My Grandfathers Accord EX-L has nearly 8,000 miles on it, and it hasn't got a rattle or a squeak.

565:
Where was it made?  Supposedly some EX's were made in Japan and were better quality than the Ohio made versions.  Also I think the leather version have leather inserts (like on the doors) where the cheaper versions have hard plastics that squeak .

Also give it more time, my parent's Accord didn't start out with rattles either,  I think they had quite a bit more than 11,000 miles last time I was over.  Maybe it's 13000 or so now.  Also try pressing the area around the center console and the console itself where the buttons.  Search especially around the cubby hole area where your knees bang up against while driving. You can also hear squeaks as the plastic expands when the heater is turned on.

Also I'm not saying you in particular but everytime one of my friends have said "Oh your car has rattles and squeaks, my car has none!"  they've just been too insenstive to notice the numerous small rattles and squeaks their cars make.  I have to point it out to them.  I guess I'm just very very sensitive about these things.  That's why I love driving the Z06 so much, first because it's devoid of loud squeaks and rattles and second because it's damn so loud that you can't tell if has those minor rattles and squeaks."

Raza

Quote from: CALL_911 on July 12, 2009, 09:11:58 PM
I think 2009 is the last year.

That said, I think dealers have plenty of leftover 2008s.

No not only is it a ten year old design, it's a ten year old design that's not in production anymore.  So calling it a "new" Honda is a bit of a stretch, isn't it?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

I have noticed quite a few newer Hondas with clearcoat problems, it is quite bizarre.

My Prelude has some squeaks and rattles, but they are related to mechanical problems (actually, there's only one left at this point).

CALL_911

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=19190.msg1111174#msg1111174 date=1247455909
No not only is it a ten year old design, it's a ten year old design that's not in production anymore.  So calling it a "new" Honda is a bit of a stretch, isn't it?

When I said new, I meant can still be bought as a new car.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Looking at that old thread I linked reminds me.  I haven't seen JYODER post here in a very long time.  Did he leave or something?

CJ

Quote from: 565 on July 12, 2009, 09:29:26 PM
Haha I was waiting for this.  Is this Accord the same one as your grandfather's Accord?

Do you remember this thread a while back? 

http://www.carspin.net/forums/index.php?topic=13499.msg750406#msg750406

565:
"Agreed, it's pretty cheap.  All the plastic on the top part of the dash is rock hard, all the plastic on the bottom is hard, only the middle strip is soft (and that feels rather cheap too).  The interior was okay when new, but it's cheapness just grows with use.  My parent's accord interior (the exact same color as the one pictured) suffers from a huge case of squeaks.  Absolutely every surface squeaks cheaply when pressed (which wasn't the case when new).  Also the hard plastics used everywhere is extremely prone to scratches.  I can scratch it with my finger nail, and the surface is full of marks made by zippers, keys, buttons etc."

CJ:
My Grandfathers Accord EX-L has nearly 8,000 miles on it, and it hasn't got a rattle or a squeak.

565:
Where was it made?  Supposedly some EX's were made in Japan and were better quality than the Ohio made versions.  Also I think the leather version have leather inserts (like on the doors) where the cheaper versions have hard plastics that squeak .

Also give it more time, my parent's Accord didn't start out with rattles either,  I think they had quite a bit more than 11,000 miles last time I was over.  Maybe it's 13000 or so now.  Also try pressing the area around the center console and the console itself where the buttons.  Search especially around the cubby hole area where your knees bang up against while driving. You can also hear squeaks as the plastic expands when the heater is turned on.

Also I'm not saying you in particular but everytime one of my friends have said "Oh your car has rattles and squeaks, my car has none!"  they've just been too insenstive to notice the numerous small rattles and squeaks their cars make.  I have to point it out to them.  I guess I'm just very very sensitive about these things.  That's why I love driving the Z06 so much, first because it's devoid of loud squeaks and rattles and second because it's damn so loud that you can't tell if has those minor rattles and squeaks."

I remember that thread.  His '08 is a much better car.  It has upwards of 40k miles and still looks and feels like brand new.  Ours is an '07.  Previous generation.  We have to replace the tint AGAIN.  FOR THE 5TH FUCKING TIME.

Also, Raza, I'm the only one that touches the paint on the Accord.

Raza

Quote from: 565 on July 12, 2009, 09:37:03 PM
Looking at that old thread I linked reminds me.  I haven't seen JYODER post here in a very long time.  Did he leave or something?

He's probably still busy fixing his hair.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Rich

Quote from: HotRodPilot on July 08, 2009, 06:18:41 PM
Also... excited about an updated 400hp engine in the Mustang, but if they have to put a new 6MT in it, I think the weight will be right up there with the Camaro SS

And look what I find here...
So much for weighing less than Camaro

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

SVT666

Quote from: HotRodPilot on December 28, 2009, 02:30:16 PM
And look what I find here...
So much for weighing less than Camaro

I'm hoping that's for the Vert.  If it is indeed for the coupe, then colour me disappointed and pissed off.  I would rather supercharge a used 2005-2010 GT then buy a 4000 lbs Mustang.

2o6

cawimmer430

Drooling over the next-generation Toyota Camry. Especially the V6.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

2o6

Quote from: cawimmer430 on December 28, 2009, 03:43:34 PM
Drooling over the next-generation Toyota Camry. Especially the V6.

PLEASE STOP TROLLING.

The next post like this, I personally will report. It isn't funny, and is starting to make people angry.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 2o6 on December 28, 2009, 03:42:13 PM
I'm excited for the Chevy Spark and Aveo.

PLEASE STOP TROLLING.

The next post like this, I personally will report. It isn't funny, and is starting to make people angry.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

the Teuton

I think in a few years, there might not be a next generation V6 Camry, pending Hyundai being some kind of trend setter.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Vinsanity

Quote from: HEMI666 on December 28, 2009, 03:30:19 PM
I'm hoping that's for the Vert.  If it is indeed for the coupe, then colour me disappointed and pissed off.  I would rather supercharge a used 2005-2010 GT then buy a 4000 lbs Mustang.

looks like the left column (3,875) is for the coupe and the right column (~4,000) is for the convertible. Count me a +1 in wondering where all that weight came from.

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on December 28, 2009, 04:44:22 PM
looks like the left column (3,875) is for the coupe and the right column (~4,000) is for the convertible. Count me a +1 in wondering where all that weight came from.

However 13.4 cubic feet of trunk space for the coupe is rather impressive.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raza

I'm still not really excited about anything we're getting. 

And I still love the Twingo.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

2o6

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=19190.msg1231973#msg1231973 date=1262044590
I'm still not really excited about anything we're getting. 

And I still love the Twingo.

I'm more excited about this:

Doesn't even have to be an Abarth.