AutobahnSHO FOUND a new Minivan!!! (page3)

Started by AutobahnSHO, July 12, 2009, 08:35:51 PM

AutobahnSHO

I applied (and got accepted) for Warrant Officer school. I'll have to start a thread about it on General Talk..
Will

AutobahnSHO

So after a little bit of driving-

The Yota handles quite well. Boringly well. The steering is slightly more in-tune than my '99 Dodge Caravan, and loads better than the '07 F150 I was driving in between vans.
-The gated shifter is driving me NUTZ. Plus if I put a tape adapter in for my mp3 player the cord hangs right onto the shifter. I was afraid the cord would be caught and shredded.
-Acceleration is pretty a'right for a vehicle this size. Stopping not so much.
-The doors are HEAVY and don't open as easily as my Caravan. My 4yr old had no issues with the Dodge, can't open (or close) these ones. The power windows might have part of the blame...!
Will

Eye of the Tiger

My dad's van has power sliding doors and tsilgate. It's annoying until you just learn to trust it.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

AutobahnSHO

we actually drove a rental Sienna years ago- I thought it was odd that only ONE of the side doors opened on its own.
-I mean, it would be cheaper to put power on only one, but how weird!!
Will

VTEC_Inside

This thread had me thinking back to the SHOStar...

If they had ever actually produced the thing you'd have your prefect compromise, lol...
Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...

AutobahnSHO

Will

mzziaz

Good luck with the new car!
I hope you will benefit from Toyota's reputation for reliability.

:ohyeah:
Cuore Sportivo

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: mzziaz on July 22, 2009, 06:10:10 AM
Good luck with the new car!
I hope you will benefit from Toyota's reputation for reliability.

:ohyeah:

Thanks. Drives well so far! (knock on wood.)

Drove from Augusta, GA to Atlanta Airport, cruise on 73mph (70mph zone) and did great.
Saw lots of idiotz pulled over too...  :)
Will

the Teuton

No one pulls over people in minivans.  Put a military sticker on the back, and no one ever will...ever.

Fantastic van, isn't it?  How's the animal hair?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

sparkplug

Quote from: the Teuton on July 22, 2009, 08:03:02 PM
No one pulls over people in minivans.  Put a military sticker on the back, and no one ever will...ever.

Fantastic van, isn't it?  How's the animal hair?

Minivan's get pulled over all the time.
Getting stoned, one stone at a time.

Atomic

my company uses chrysler town & country minivans. i am sold! they are solid, ride great and can really haul a lot of goods, even with a full load of riders. if i needed a minivan for personal use, i think i would opt for a honda, as the reliability is probably better. however, we have had no issues with our fleet of chryslers. many like the toyota, too. i would stay away from both fmc and gm minivans. there is a reason they were discontinued.

AutobahnSHO

Love the van, the dealership vacuumed and shampooed all the hair gone.
Took it to Atlanta yesterday (about 110 miles,) drove fantastic. Cruise holds just fine on the hills, not that noisy at 73mph, although the stereo has to be turned way up to hear it.

Atomic- the Chrysler or Dodge vans are great, too!
We were looking for bucket seats and reliable, within a certain pricerange. Ours has more miles but should be fine, plus it has a couple more features than the Mopar vans. -the wife has already used the full 8seats and I like the hideaway rear seat....
Will