Promises, Promises

Started by Raza , July 13, 2009, 06:27:04 PM

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Minpin on July 13, 2009, 07:17:16 PM
Christ, the bankruptcy is hitting GM hard. Their website is ghastly! It's slow and shit times out all the time.  :facepalm:

I can't even build a car for fucks sake!

It was always a shitty website(design and navigation wise). I'm sure becuase of bankruptcy they switched to a 5.99 a month godaddy hosting plan. Another brilliant bean counter move.

Besides, you aren't missing anything. Last time I built a car on Gm's site I was floored by the 5th grader esque sketches of my build car. I alsor appreciated the fact that it didn't in any way(other than color) represent the car i was building.

Raza

Quote from: thecarnut on July 13, 2009, 07:06:41 PM
The chrome SS wheels are a $4800 option but on the Build Your Own on chevrolet.com those are standard, supposedly on the LS.

I hope they are standard (though I thought it came with hubcaps) because that is the car I'd buy over any Mustang or Challenger (and most hot hatches as well).

OTD for only $23k!

I remember seeing black wheels as an option that was told to me to cost $4800.  I guess they're different.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on July 13, 2009, 07:08:28 PM
The last time they offered the RS package, in the middle of the 4th generation's run in the mid 90s, it was an appearance package for the V6 only.

That's why I thought it was a V6 only thing.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Cookie Monster

Damn you Raza, I really really like the Camaro now.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Raza

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on July 13, 2009, 07:15:47 PM
I enjoyed the read until you started fawning over it like a school girl at jonas brothers concert.

So it went from a abomination(styling wise) to a car that moistened your panties, a car that just happened to have a slushbox.

To me it sounds like you just wanted to like it so you could insert a brillant(i'm being generous) mood switch in the review.

It's still ugly.  It just drives well. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Raza  on July 13, 2009, 07:27:20 PM
It's still ugly.  It just drives well. 

So you would have sex with rosie o'onnell just becuase she knows how to really dish it out and completely ignore her looks(not to mention ape like grunts that would accompany such an event)?

Raza

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on July 13, 2009, 07:30:33 PM
So you would have sex with rosie o'onnell just becuase she knows how to really dish it out and completely ignore her looks(not to mention ape like grunts that would accompany such an event)?

It's better looking than the GT-R.   :evildude:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

S204STi

Good write-up Raza, I am always entertained by your writing.  :ohyeah:

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Raza  on July 13, 2009, 07:33:10 PM
It's better looking than the GT-R.   :evildude:

I'm sure you think that is a comment i would actually care about. It doesn't change the fact that you just ignored(and therefore admitted) that you would do rosie since she knows all the moves.

Enjoy.

Raza

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on July 13, 2009, 07:36:20 PM
I'm sure you think that is a comment i would actually care about. It doesn't change the fact that you just ignored(and therefore admitted) that you would do rosie since she knows all the moves.

Enjoy.

:banghead:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Payman

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on July 13, 2009, 07:36:20 PM

Enjoy.

C'mon! I'm eating!

FlatBlackCaddy

Eye of the Tiger

I'm afraid to go to bed now because of the nightmares I'll have :cry:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on July 13, 2009, 07:15:44 PM
I saw a yellow Camaro in a parking lot as I drove by with the black hood stripes.  Looked pretty menacing with that color scheme.

Yellow and black looks too much like a bee, and too much like the transformer Bumblebee for me.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: NACar on July 13, 2009, 07:49:04 PM
I'm afraid to go to bed now because of the nightmares I'll have :cry:

As you lay in bed, in the dark, you'll hear the sound of patato chips crunching. As you scan the room you see a pair of eyes glaring at you from the closet....crunch, crunch, crunch. Waiting for you to drift away so she can emerge and violate you as lay motionless in bed. Only when you awake with a burning sensation on your genitals and patato chip crumbs sprinkled around your bed do you realize what happened.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Raza  on July 13, 2009, 07:55:01 PM
Yellow and black looks too much like a bee, and too much like the transformer Bumblebee for me.

That is the entire point. People want to recreate the movie car.

One of my customers just painted on the bumblebee stipes on his yellow camaro. He got real excited when i told him about the special transformers edition that GM plans on building.

MX793

Quote from: Raza  on July 13, 2009, 07:55:01 PM

Reminds me of the color scheme Yamaha used to use on their racing bikes (which they revived a couple of years ago for their 50th anniversary on some special edition dirtbikes and sportbikes).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

68_427

Quote from: Raza  on July 13, 2009, 07:25:01 PM
I remember seeing black wheels as an option that was told to me to cost $4800.  I guess they're different.

I'm pretty sure those would be the GMPP 21in rims.

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Raza

Quote from: 68_427 on July 13, 2009, 08:20:54 PM
I'm pretty sure those would be the GMPP 21in rims.

Yeah, those must be the ones.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FlatBlackCaddy

I don't know if it was in the article(i skimmed a bit when you starting climaxing) but how did you get to drive one of these? Your typical GM dealer(used to bang or bust, mostly bust) sales cycles wouldn't let god himself touch the all mighty camaro. I've seen a few of the V6's around here, mostly with 5-12K markups on them surrounded by velvet ropes and a bodyguard..

Raza

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on July 13, 2009, 08:35:10 PM
I don't know if it was in the article(i skimmed a bit when you starting climaxing) but how did you get to drive one of these? Your typical GM dealer(used to bang or bust, mostly bust) sales cycles wouldn't let god himself touch the all mighty camaro. I've seen a few of the V6's around here, mostly with 5-12K markups on them surrounded by velvet ropes and a bodyguard..

Dealer that has a private track. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Raza  on July 13, 2009, 08:35:53 PM
Dealer that has a private track. 

???

and you have pictures of him with a rough tranvestite named rodney?

still doesn't explain how you got seat time on a car that will no doubt be bought for several thousand over MSRP by a legally retarded male between the ages of 35 and 45.

Raza

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on July 13, 2009, 08:38:54 PM
???

and you have pictures of him with a rough tranvestite named rodney?

still doesn't explain how you got seat time on a car that will no doubt be bought for several thousand over MSRP by a legally retarded male between the ages of 35 and 45.

I asked to drive it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Raza  on July 13, 2009, 08:42:22 PM
I asked to drive it.

So he threw you the keys and offered up the private track..... :rolleyes:

I'm sure it is just that simple.

Raza

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on July 13, 2009, 08:43:28 PM
So he threw you the keys and offered up the private track..... :rolleyes:

I'm sure it is just that simple.

What do you want, a play-by-play? 

I asked nicely.  Even after mentioning that I wasn't really interested in an automatic, he still went to get the keys. 

It was an order cancellation, so it's just sitting on their lot.  It's been sitting longer than any other Camaro they've had.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Raza  on July 13, 2009, 08:45:27 PM
What do you want, a play-by-play? 

I asked nicely.  Even after mentioning that I wasn't really interested in an automatic, he still went to get the keys. 

It was an order cancellation, so it's just sitting on their lot.  It's been sitting longer than any other Camaro they've had.

I want pictures, layed out in storyboard fashion with a narration by James Earl Jones.

MX793

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on July 13, 2009, 08:48:53 PM
I want pictures, layed out in storyboard fashion with a narration by James Earl Jones.

Narration by Morgan Freeman will also be acceptable.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza  on July 13, 2009, 06:27:04 PM
And as it gained speed hurriedly I was treated to a sound so sweet filling my ears that I had to forgive it for not giving me the starlet?s phone number.  Having dispensed with the left hander easily, I took to the straight, enjoying that 3.6 liter?s exhaust note, and setting up for the next left hand bend.

I need this car's exhaust.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: MX793 on July 13, 2009, 08:54:04 PM
Narration by Morgan Freeman will also be acceptable.

True, morgan is more soothing where james has more power behind his voice. In this case either one would do.