Beltronics STi Radar detector - undetectable?

Started by SVT_Power, July 27, 2009, 01:09:18 PM

SVT_Power

So I've been searching around to see if there was an undetectable radar/laser detector and it seems like this is the only one around. I've been wanting a detector for a long time but I know the cops here carry detector detectors since detectors are illegal   :rage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAYmbd9bLoE&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kmph.ca%2Fproducts%2Fradar-detectors%2Fbeltronics-sti-driver.html&feature=player_embedded

There's a link of the test. So do these actually work?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

CALL_911

It's not like you'll have much need for it when your car's at home sitting while your license is suspended. :evildude:

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

SVT_Power

Quote from: CALL_911 on July 27, 2009, 02:35:56 PM
It's not like you'll have much need for it when your car's at home sitting while your license is suspended. :evildude:

:rolleyes:

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

My detector is supposed to be detector detector proof.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

NomisR

You just need a radar detector detector jammer.  Those are legal..

Eye of the Tiger

NomisR

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: NomisR on July 27, 2009, 03:12:57 PM
I tried it.. just made the paint sticky..

Try buying some stealth paint from the Air Force. They use it to paint the B-2. I'm sure they have some extra.

NomisR

Quote from: NACar on July 27, 2009, 03:16:35 PM
Try buying some stealth paint from the Air Force. They use it to paint the B-2. I'm sure they have some extra.

Good idea.. any linky to where I can buy it?  I've always want to make my car matte.

Eye of the Tiger

Tave

It would be a fantastic idea to drop them an email asking for stealth paint just to see how they'd respond.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

NomisR

Quote from: Tave on July 27, 2009, 03:25:16 PM
It would be a fantastic idea to drop them an email asking for stealth paint just to see how they'd respond.

They have a live chat..

SVT_Power

should i just sell the SVT and pick up a bike? I mean the biggest thrill I get is speed - not acceleration, but speed.

The sense of speed on a bike is so much more thrilling...

CALL_911

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 27, 2009, 03:40:53 PM
should i just sell the SVT and pick up a bike? I mean the biggest thrill I get is speed - not acceleration, but speed.

The sense of speed on a bike is so much more thrilling...

Are you dumb? What do you think were gonna say?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

SVT_Power

Quote from: CALL_911 on July 27, 2009, 03:43:39 PM
Are you dumb? What do you think were gonna say?

i have no idea  :huh:

we only got so many bike riders around here

Eye of the Tiger

Rupert

He'll die on a bike within the first two days.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Psilos on July 27, 2009, 04:04:38 PM

But he will be less dangerous to everyone else. Not a bad compromise.  :lol:

Rupert

SVT_Power

nah i'll predict a major accident if not death within two riding seasons though - first season I'll take nice and easy and learn. The second one, I'll be going fast for sure

Raza

You think he'll last that long?

Oh, Ed, 'busas are great beginner bikes. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=19407.msg1123989#msg1123989 date=1248744818
You think he'll last that long?

Oh, Ed, 'busas are great beginner bikes. 

I disagree. I think a Triumph Speed Triple is a better beginner bike (shorter wheelbase, tons of torque, impossible to keep front wheel on the ground)

Raza

Quote from: NACar on July 27, 2009, 07:37:45 PM
I disagree. I think a Triumph Speed Triple is a better beginner bike (shorter wheelbase, tons of torque, impossible to keep front wheel on the ground)

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Rupert

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 27, 2009, 04:08:10 PM
nah i'll predict a major accident if not death within two riding seasons though - first season I'll take nice and easy and learn. The second one, I'll be going fast for sure

Exactly.

Cookie Monster

While I would normally say get a motorcycle, Ed, you are not the most responsible person in the world.

You'd just kill yourself.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

SVT_Power

SVT_Power

Quote from: thecarnut on July 27, 2009, 11:01:23 PM
While I would normally say get a motorcycle, Ed, you are not the most responsible person in the world.

You'd just kill yourself.

I can be responsible and sometimes when I need to be serious I am (which doesn't occur too often  :praise:)

S204STi

Like I said in the chat thread, I don't want you out there being counted in the same group as myself.  You'd just be another squid out there plastering yourself to the back of a semi, and making the rest of us look bad.  If I'm lucky, maybe you'd even raising my insurance premiums because of it.  There is a reason sport bikes cost so much to insure....