Nissan GT-R
2 (9.1%)
Other (please sepcify)
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 20

2o6

Quote from: thecarnut on July 29, 2009, 11:23:15 AM
Why would you say that?

1. After a relatively cheap car gets vandalized, why would you buy a car roughly double the price and park it in the same spot?

2. After your car got vandalized, why haven't you invested in a place to put said other car? Obviously, parking it on the street isn't working out.

3. You cannot buy a Lancer Evo IX new.

4. You won't buy used, yet you're looking at Evo IXes.

5. You want an AWD sports sedan, however, you've eliminated roughly 75% of the cars on the market; STI, EVO, CTS and RS4.

6. You're saying the car is unusuable and it's only been keyed.

7. You claim to be into cars, yet you're completely ignorant of the automotive sector. (thus, saying the CTS is an unreliable pile, and trying buy an Evo IX new)

8. You're parking it in a fashion that is infuriating the neighbors. Obviously you don't have room for another car.

9. You left a Countach outside.

10. You don't have the facilities to care for two very expensive cars. (Why was the Countach even outside!?)

NomisR

The guy he said is responsible for the vandalism moved.  And as I have said before, he probably has multiple cars without sufficient garage space so it's parked outside.  It happens.  My friend has a neightbor that parks their Murcielago outside occassionally.  What's a bigger sin is, due to their driveway slope, the guy scrapes the front end on the driveway all the time and does not care. 

Cookie Monster

Quote from: 2o6 on July 29, 2009, 04:23:29 PM
1. After a relatively cheap car gets vandalized, why would you buy a car roughly double the price and park it in the same spot?

2. After your car got vandalized, why haven't you invested in a place to put said other car? Obviously, parking it on the street isn't working out.

5. You want an AWD sports sedan, however, you've eliminated roughly 75% of the cars on the market; STI, EVO, CTS and RS4.

7. You claim to be into cars, yet you're completely ignorant of the automotive sector. (thus, saying the CTS is an unreliable pile, and trying buy an Evo IX new)

8. You're parking it in a fashion that is infuriating the neighbors. Obviously you don't have room for another car.

10. You don't have the facilities to care for two very expensive cars. (Why was the Countach even outside!?)
Where else are you supposed to park the car if you have no room? His neighbor was being a dick. People park in front of my house all the time and I nor my parents care. Plus I'm assuming that he left the Evo there to make a point.

And I was questioning why Sub said the guy doesn't have a 360.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

sportyaccordy

Have you heard the fucking C63 engine?? It's a no brainer

MexicoCityM3

You know my vote. As an all-arounder nothing touches the E90 M3. However, its the best choice as an only car IMHO. It seems your friend has many cars, some track-dedicated. In that case I'd go for something more comfortable for the daily.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: sportyaccordy on July 29, 2009, 05:48:52 PM
Have you heard the fucking C63 engine?? It's a no brainer

Yeah, I love the C63's engine sound. I listen to it often at track days as I pass them (easily I might add). :evildude: The RS4 engine also sounds similarly nice.
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

NomisR

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on July 29, 2009, 05:54:33 PM
Yeah, I love the C63's engine sound. I listen to it often at track days as I pass them (easily I might add). :evildude: The RS4 engine also sounds similarly nice.

People bring C63 to the tracks down there?!   Man, what track do you go to?

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: NomisR on July 29, 2009, 05:55:33 PM
People bring C63 to the tracks down there?!   Man, what track do you go to?

It's the Mexico City Hermanos Rodriguez (former) F1 track. You wouldn't believe the cars this club brings. The M3s are in the lower 25-35% price wise of the cars that attend. We get Lambos, Ferraris, Bugattis (Yes - EB110), Le-Mans Racing Porsches, Bentleys. Among the most exotic things I've seen are the Bugatti, a BMW M1, F599, F430, F430Scud, F360CS, Lambo Superleggera, GT3 Cups, Radical SR3s and last but not least........a Tyrell 1988 F1 car.

Frankly, I'm lucky to get invited!
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

sportyaccordy

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on July 29, 2009, 05:54:33 PM
Man I would drive a C300 if it sounded like that

TBR

Quote from: 2o6 on July 29, 2009, 04:23:29 PM

He has installed a camera and the neighbor has moved.

More likely than not it is an all or nothing type of deal. If he isn't going to get an Evo IX (the cheap option) then he wants something brand new that matches his wants perfectly.
Perhaps he's referring to the lack of cruise control?

From the sound of it he stores his good cars away from his residence. More likely than not he just took the Countach for a drive and needed to go back home prior to returning it to storage.