Ferrari 458 Italia revealed

Started by nickdrinkwater, July 28, 2009, 05:17:37 AM

veeman

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on September 24, 2014, 02:41:08 PM
I don't think a kid would know how to get out of a trunk with a latch. Or open a trunk to hide in it in the first place.

http://www.kidsandcars.org/trunk-entrapment.html

Soup DeVille

Quote from: veeman on September 24, 2014, 02:04:18 PM
Damn right they have to recall the Ferrari's for the trunk latch.  A rule is a rule.  Even if it's an exotic which few people own and the trunk is super small.  Otherwise you're opening up the flood gates for automakers to avoid recalls for not following government mandated regulations for all sorts of reasons. 

If a child while playing hide and seek traps themselves in a trunk without a latch on a hot day, they're dead. 

They were stupid in the first place for not knowing the regulations.   

Hoo boy. They knew the regulations. They complied with them. Their understanding of its function differed from the government's. They figured flapping open a big windscreen blocking panel at speed wouldn't be safe for anybody; not the least of whom was the leprechaun who know found himself riding on the front bumper at speed.

It's a stupid rule anyways.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

I don't think a kid would know how to get out of a trunk with a latch. Or open a trunk to hide in it in the first place.

It's rare, but it's happened.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: SVT666 on September 24, 2014, 11:03:32 AM
Road & Track had a Supercar edition a couple months back and it's shocking how much the upkeep is on these cars.  A McLaren F1 must be shipped to England for all of the servicing every year.  Ralph Lauren sends all three of his McLarens every year.  The Ferrari Enzo's oil change is $8000, as well as a brake job.  The clutch is $30,000.  If I had the money to buy a supercar, I'm buying a Ford GT.  A GT's oil change is $500.
I saw that! CRAZY!!!!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Onslaught

Most of these latches glow in the dark a little when closed. And most of them have this idiotic picture of a person jumping out a a trunk printed on them. So one would need to be really dumb to not understand how to use one. However you'd have to be dumb to get locked into a trunk in the first place so.......

I'm in trunks all the time but I do it on purpose. Now what's funny is when the latch won't work and people at work don't know you're in there and it's really hot out side. Got to test that shit first.