My 940 gets new wheels!

Started by CJ, August 02, 2009, 01:20:17 AM

SVT_Power

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 02, 2009, 09:01:28 PM
Since I lost a battle in this thread, I must makeup.

The Audi S4 pwns both the WRX and S/V70R

And the RS6 pwns the S4

:huh:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

CJ

CALL_911

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2009, 09:31:46 PM
And the RS6 pwns the S4

:huh:

Thing is, the RS6 would pwn someones bank account much harder.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

SVT_Power

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 02, 2009, 09:32:55 PM
Thing is, the RS6 would pwn someones bank account much harder.

And then the GT3 pwns the RS6
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

(this is me using Nick's logic, or lack there of)

Cookie Monster

Quote from: CJ on August 02, 2009, 09:30:05 PM
The V70R wins because it's endlessly practical, good looking, quite fast, AND it can carry up to 7 people.  4 people very comfortable, 5 in a pinch with luggage.
The Honda S2000 wins even more because it's RWD, lightweight, is one of the best looking cars ever made, is a Honda, and has VTEC and a 9,000 RPM redline. :praise:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

CALL_911

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2009, 09:35:02 PM
And then the GT3 pwns the RS6 everything

fixed

Quote from: thecarnut on August 02, 2009, 09:35:30 PM
The Honda S2000 wins even more because it's RWD, lightweight, is one of the best looking cars ever made, is a Honda, and has VTEC and a 9,000 RPM redline. :praise:

fixed

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

SVT_Power

the Teuton

I vote turbocharged Tribeca with 600 hp.

There.  I win.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

CALL_911

Quote from: thecarnut on August 02, 2009, 09:37:08 PM
Honda > Volvo and Subaru

Except for the S2000, NSX, Civic Si, RSX-S, ITR and TSX, Honda can blow me.

But yeah, it's better than Volvo.

I'd take a Legacy anyday over an Accord, and possibly a WRX over a CSi.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

SVT_Power

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 02, 2009, 09:39:56 PM

There fixed.

CALL_911

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2009, 09:41:53 PM
There fixed.

You should be an advocate of FWD sporty cars, therefore those are not fails.

I thought the TSX would suck, but I was wrong. Even with a slushy, I really like it.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

SVT_Power

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 02, 2009, 09:43:01 PM
You should be an advocate of FWD sporty cars, therefore those are not fails.

I thought the TSX would suck, but I was wrong. Even with a slushy, I really like it.

I'm sure the civics and what not are great cars. But civics in general just have been ruined for me. Call me ignorant but I refuse to be seen in any of those.

The TSX - dude that thing sucked. Like a typical honda all its power was up in the high rpm's. And it had just about the same power figures as my car but weighed 300 lbs more. I can't imagine the slushie being any good with this car.

The Pirate

Can you get a stick in the V70R? 
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

SVT_Power

TBR

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 02, 2009, 09:39:56 PM

But yeah, it's better than Volvo.

I'd take a Legacy anyday over an Accord, and possibly a WRX over a CSi.

<cough>Prelude</cough>

The S2000 is marvelous, I just wish I was about 10 years older so I would have a hope in hell of buying a new one.

CALL_911

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2009, 09:45:54 PM
I'm sure the civics and what not are great cars. But civics in general just have been ruined for me. Call me ignorant but I refuse to be seen in any of those.

The TSX - dude that thing sucked. Like a typical honda all its power was up in the high rpm's. And it had just about the same power figures as my car but weighed 300 lbs more. I can't imagine the slushie being any good with this car.

Yeah, I gotcha on the Civic. I'd still buy an Si. I wouldn't ever buy a regular Civic.

The TSX isn't really quick, but the thing about the power building up in the high RPMs is somewhat appealing to me. It's ridiculously fun to wring out, and that's when it really gets going. It's not a bad automatic, even the manumatic function won't allow the car to shift for you. I've bounced off the rev limiter with it. Handles very well too, very tossable. It's a terrific car, C&D even called it (the '04-'08 TSX) the 4-door S2000 when they reviewed the '09 TSX.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

TBR

SVT_Power

Quote from: TBR on August 02, 2009, 09:49:06 PM
<cough>Prelude</cough>

The S2000 is marvelous, I just wish I was about 10 years older so I would have a hope in hell of buying a new one.

Not to bash your car, but what exactly was the point of the prelude when honda already had an integra?

SVT_Power

Quote from: TBR on August 02, 2009, 09:50:18 PM

What a great interior, though I prefer the blue leather.

I would like mine just like that picture. I love it.

The Pirate

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2009, 09:45:54 PM

I'll give you the Civic.  Stock, they aren't particularly endearing cars (though I loved mine).  But the TSX is a pretty neat car, and a diamond in the rough for what is and how much it costs.  I've not driven one with the automatic, but the manual one is great.  Perfect clutch, one of the best FWD trannies you'll ever experience, and a great chassis.  It's great car for the twisties.  And like any Honda, it wants to rev high.  Once you're rolling, and can keep the tach above 3 grand, the car is ecstatic.

I've driven an SVT Contour as well, and the TSX has a better transmission, clutch, and steering, IMO.  That being said, I'd probably take the SVTC, as it's a special car too, and I love them.

And wtf, you're azn.  I thought all you guys loved Honduh.  :lol:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

SVT_Power

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 02, 2009, 09:50:13 PM
Yeah, I gotcha on the Civic. I'd still buy an Si. I wouldn't ever buy a regular Civic.

The TSX isn't really quick, but the thing about the power building up in the high RPMs is somewhat appealing to me. It's ridiculously fun to wring out, and that's when it really gets going. It's not a bad automatic, even the manumatic function won't allow the car to shift for you. I've bounced off the rev limiter with it. Handles very well too, very tossable. It's a terrific car, C&D even called it (the '04-'08 TSX) the 4-door S2000 when they reviewed the '09 TSX.

Forget not really quick. It isn't quick at all lol. And yes that is me saying my car isn't quick either. You do realize redline on the TSX is 7100 rpm right? That's hardly "wringing it out". I mean the fuel cutoff in my car is at 7100 rpm. I feel like I need more revs in my car all the time.

SVT_Power

Quote from: The Pirate on August 02, 2009, 09:53:26 PM
I've driven an SVT Contour as well, and the TSX has a better transmission, clutch, and steering, IMO.  That being said, I'd probably take the SVTC, as it's a special car too, and I love them.

And wtf, you're azn.  I thought all you guys loved Honduh.  :lol:

The transmission in the SVTC is definitely not something to write home about. In fact it's one of the first things to blow up in your face when you start doing any kind of serious power upgrades. I haven't driven a TSX in a long long time so I'll take your word on the steering. But there's something wrong with you if you want to pay THAT much more for a TSX over a SVTC - come on.

And fyi, I hate honduh. I know they're brilliant at engineering their vehicles but it's been ruined for me. Although I wouldn't pass up a NSX ever. S2000 on the other hand I think could've used a I/V6

TBR

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2009, 09:50:38 PM
Not to bash your car, but what exactly was the point of the prelude when honda already had an integra?

Better question, what was the point of the Integra?

The Prelude was Accord based while the Integra was Civic based. So, basically the Prelude is a little bigger (though without a hatchback not as practical) and a little more comfortable. You're right that the two are pretty similar, though the biggest difference is that the Prelude has always had a significantly larger engine (mine is a 2.3 compared to a 1.8). I love them both, if I have to replace the Prelude in the near future (which isn't going to happen) both will be one the list, probably the Integra a little bit higher due to the hatch.

TBR

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2009, 09:57:29 PM
The transmission in the SVTC is definitely not something to write home about. In fact it's one of the first things to blow up in your face when you start doing any kind of serious power upgrades. I haven't driven a TSX in a long long time so I'll take your word on the steering. But there's something wrong with you if you want to pay THAT much more for a TSX over a SVTC - come on.

And fyi, I hate honduh. I know they're brilliant at engineering their vehicles but it's been ruined for me. Although I wouldn't pass up a NSX ever. S2000 on the other hand I think could've used a I/V6

I'll take 9000rpms over a more torque any day.

SVT_Power

Quote from: TBR on August 02, 2009, 09:58:08 PM
Better question, what was the point of the Integra?

The Prelude was Accord based while the Integra was Civic based. So, basically the Prelude is a little bigger (though without a hatchback not as practical) and a little more comfortable. You're right that the two are pretty similar, though the biggest difference is that the Prelude has always had a significantly larger engine (mine is a 2.3 compared to a 1.8). I love them both, if I have to replace the Prelude in the near future (which isn't going to happen) both will be one the list, probably the Integra a little bit higher due to the hatch.

Weren't prelude sales completely dismal compared to the integra (esp. approaching the end of the prelude?)

TBR

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2009, 10:00:20 PM
Weren't prelude sales completely dismal compared to the integra (esp. approaching the end of the prelude?)

It wouldn't surprise me, I think the Integra was quite a bit cheaper. I am pretty sure the Prelude was the most expensive car in Honda's line-up, except for maybe an Accord EX V6 (mine stickered at $23k and wasn't even the top version).

CALL_911

Quote from: SVT_Power on August 02, 2009, 09:54:09 PM
Forget not really quick. It isn't quick at all lol. And yes that is me saying my car isn't quick either. You do realize redline on the TSX is 7100 rpm right? That's hardly "wringing it out". I mean the fuel cutoff in my car is at 7100 rpm. I feel like I need more revs in my car all the time.

Your standards are then a bit too high. The TSX isn't exactly slow, bud.

When I mean wring out, I've had it to about 7300 RPM before, which isn't exactly diesel-like. It's very, very fun.

I've driven an NSX, and I've had it to about 8000 RPM. That's a type of fun no engine with a strong low end could provide. That's not to say that I prefer one over the other, but I definitely appreciate high strung engines.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

TBR

Not that I am not enjoying this conversation, but what exactly does this have to do with CJ's 940?