Started by r0tor, August 10, 2009, 09:59:45 AM

Whats your pick

Pie
15 (48.4%)
Cake
16 (51.6%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Onslaught

Cake and it's not even close. I do love some pie's like Lemon Meringue and others. But most of them are made out of cooked fruit and I HATE any fruit that has been cooked.
Apple, Black Berry, Cherry, peach and all other pies suck ass.

NomisR

Quote from: Onslaught on August 10, 2009, 03:11:15 PM
Cake and it's not even close. I do love some pie's like Lemon Meringue and others. But most of them are made out of cooked fruit and I HATE any fruit that has been cooked.

+1

Fresh Fruit > Cooked Fruit

Onslaught

Quote from: NomisR on August 10, 2009, 03:53:16 PM
+1

Fresh Fruit > Cooked Fruit
Yep, I can eat fruit all day off the tree or vine. But cook it and I want no part of it anymore.

TBR

Quote from: Onslaught on August 10, 2009, 03:11:15 PM

What about pecan and buttermilk? Those are two of my favorites.

Fruit pies are only one genre.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: TBR on August 10, 2009, 04:50:09 PM

Pecan and apple pie are my favorite. I want to try a lemon/lime pie, and I've never heard of a buttermilk pie.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

TBR

Quote from: thecarnut on August 10, 2009, 04:50:58 PM
Pecan and apple pie are my favorite. I want to try a lemon/lime pie, and I've never heard of a buttermilk pie.

I'd imagine it's a southern thing (well, most pies are actually).

It's kind of hard to explain what it tastes like, but it is very good.

Laconian

I can eat most berries, but I can't eat peaches, cherries, or melons. In Hawaii it was literally raining mangoes, so I picked one up, cut it up, and tried it. Can't eat mangoes either. :cry:

Blackberry and blueberry pies are my favorite.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

SVT666

Any pie is better then the best cake.

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

The Pirate

Pie, easily.  But I'm not going to turn cake away.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

The Pirate

Quote from: Laconian on August 10, 2009, 05:21:10 PM
I can eat most berries, but I can't eat peaches, cherries, or melons. In Hawaii it was literally raining mangoes, so I picked one up, cut it up, and tried it. Can't eat mangoes either. :cry:

Blackberry and blueberry pies are my favorite.

Can you eat bananas, apples, oranges, etc.?  I can't imagine not being able to eat fruit.  What happens if you do eat something that you can't (I didn't read the wiki article)?

After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Laconian

Quote from: The Pirate on August 10, 2009, 05:56:05 PM
Can you eat bananas, apples, oranges, etc.?  I can't imagine not being able to eat fruit.  What happens if you do eat something that you can't (I didn't read the wiki article)?
It depends on how pollen rich the environment is in which a fruit is grown, so it basically boils down to a probability. Berries: 80%. Apples: 75%. Oranges: 95%. Bananas: 80%. Melons: 10%. Peaches, cherries, other stone fruit: 0%.

As I said I can enjoy any fruit if it has been cooked. Pie filling, jellies, preserves, whatever... that stuff's all good.

The Pirate

Quote from: Laconian on August 10, 2009, 06:08:48 PM
It depends on how pollen rich the environment is in which a fruit is grown, so it basically boils down to a probability. Berries: 80%. Apples: 75%. Oranges: 95%. Bananas: 80%. Melons: 10%. Peaches, cherries, other stone fruit: 0%.

As I said I can enjoy any fruit if it has been cooked. Pie filling, jellies, preserves, whatever... that stuff's all good.

Oh, so it's like Russian Roulette every time you take a bite of raw fruit.  I mean, that's what I'd tell people.

NomisR

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Onslaught

Quote from: TBR on August 10, 2009, 04:50:09 PM

I have 8 pecan trees and if someone ruined their nuts by making a nasty pie out of them I'd be pissed.

Rupert

I said pie. Cherry, huckleberry, strawberry-rhubarb, various combinations with blackberries and marionberries, other wild fruit...

Whereas the only cakes that can compete with a good pie are cheesecake (not that liquidy Marie Callenders shit, homemade New York style by my mom, grandmothers, or me) and German Chocolate. Of course, a good pie is sometimes hard to find. Lots of people can't do crust...
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Byteme

Back when I could eat things with sugar in them this was my favorite.

Mississippi Mud cake:

Ingredients
1  cup  butter, melted
2  cups  sugar
1/2  cup  unsweetened cocoa
4  large eggs, lightly beaten
1  teaspoon  vanilla extract
1/8  teaspoon  salt
1 1/2  cups  all-purpose flour
1 1/2  cups  coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
1  (10.5-ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
Chocolate Frosting

Preparation
Whisk together melted butter and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in flour and chopped pecans. Pour batter into a greased and floured 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.

Bake at 350? for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; top warm cake evenly with marshmallows. Return to oven, and bake 5 minutes. Drizzle Chocolate Frosting over warm cake. Cool completely.

Note: 2 (19.5-ounce) packages brownie mix, prepared according to package directions, may be substituted for first 7 ingredients. Stir in chopped pecans. Bake at 350? for 30 minutes. Proceed with marshmallows and frosting as directed.

NomisR

Hmm.. I noticed you guys all think really thick creamy stuff.. even for cakes, it's the same shit. 

Cheesecake isn't really really the same thing though.

But I noticed most cakes are crap.. it's a million times harder to make a good cake than a good pie which is probably why you guys prefer pies more than cake.

omicron

A good pie will raise my mood, but a good cake will raise my loins. I don't mind sponge cakes, but I prefer the heavier, richer cakes. A quality, aged dark Christmas cake is stunningly good, as is a rich, gooey mudcake.

Laconian

Last night I had a strawberry cake covered with marzipan. It was pretty awesome, for a cake at least.

omicron

Quote from: Laconian on August 11, 2009, 11:56:35 AM
Last night I had a strawberry cake covered with marzipan. It was pretty awesome, for a cake at least.

I love marzipan.

Onslaught

Apparently you guys don't have good cakes in your area. I've had some dry ones before but most of the females in my family can make a kick ass fucking cake. My mom's red velvet cake is better than sex with an Asian stripper .

omicron

Quote from: Onslaught on August 11, 2009, 12:00:30 PM
Apparently you guys don't have good cakes in your area. I've had some dry ones before but most of the females in my family can make a kick ass fucking cake. My mom's red velvet cake is better than sex with an Asian stripper .

Given your posting history, my child, I'm led to believe that this means it's a rather spiffy cake.

r0tor

wait.... is an asian stripper good or bad to have sex with?
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Onslaught

Quote from: r0tor on August 11, 2009, 12:06:12 PM
wait.... is an asian stripper good or bad to have sex with?
Damn good. Even better if the high heels stay on.

omicron

Quote from: Onslaught on August 11, 2009, 12:08:51 PM
Damn good. Even better if the high heels stay on.

For a moment there I thought that was about the red velvet cake, and I was very confused.

Onslaught

Quote from: omicron on August 11, 2009, 12:11:56 PM
For a moment there I thought that was about the red velvet cake, and I was very confused.
You need to get your mind more in the gutter.