What's New For Porsche?

Started by TurboDan, August 16, 2005, 12:46:54 PM

TurboDan

giant_mtb

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

Not too many comments. I suppose you have to say something that more people would disagree with to get a discussion going.

BMWDave

QuoteNot too many comments. I suppose you have to say something that more people would disagree with to get a discussion going.
Yup...something more controversial.  I should be doing a road test soon of an older Porsche, so that might get more comments. :)  

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Do a comparison test of the old Porsche and a current base RSX, that should get the comments flooding in. :D

BMWDave

QuoteDo a comparison test of the old Porsche and a current base RSX, that should get the comments flooding in. :D
:D  

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

I was only half kidding, BTW. That would make for a rather interesting (and discussion-provoking) article.

BMWDave

Evaluating a 968 against a 944 would be interesting as well, and I am more likely to do that that test drive an RSX.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Interesting, yes. But it's unlikely to spark any controversy.

BMWDave

QuoteInteresting, yes. But it's unlikely to spark any controversy.
There is no need to excite the Honda fanboys :P  

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

A Celica would work as well, but how many inexpensive sporty coupes are there with more emphasis on handling than power? Unless I'm missing something obvious, it's just the RSX, Celica, and Mini.  

BMWDave

QuoteA Celica would work as well, but how many inexpensive sporty coupes are there with more emphasis on handling than power? Unless I'm missing something obvious, it's just the RSX, Celica, and Mini.
Who are you kidding?  The 968 is a very powerful car.  If a 5.9 0-60 time isnt fast, then I dont know what is.  

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

QuoteA Celica would work as well, but how many inexpensive sporty coupes are there with more emphasis on handling than power? Unless I'm missing something obvious, it's just the RSX, Celica, and Mini.
All of which are low end FWD 'sporty' coupes.  The 968 has a lot more hp than them, even though its 10 years old, is RWD, and will blow away any of those cars in terms of handling abilities.  They really dont compete in any way besides price.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Is the one you'll be driving in the shape to pull of that time? Throw a Cobalt SS into the mix then. :P

And why did you quote the same post twice? <_<

BMWDave

QuoteIs the one you'll be driving in the shape to pull of that time? Throw a Cobalt SS into the mix then. :P

And why did you quote the same post twice? <_<
Whats with you and being so picky all of a sudden...why are you telling me I'm kidding, why are you quoting the same post twice :P

I merely forgot the include something.  :)

The one I am driving is in impeccable condition, is CPO, and comes with a warranty.  The interior and exterior are in perfect condition, and thats a good indication about the drive as well.  When I drive it, I will let you know for sure.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

If you forget something, this should be able to help you out:

Post whore. :P

Are you planning to buy the car?

BMWDave

QuoteIf you forget something, this should be able to help you out:

Post whore. :P

Are you planning to buy the car?
:D

Yes, we are seriously considering it.  My friend and I are going to check out the car, and perhaps buy it, on Thursday. B)  

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

Who's buying it, you are your friend?  

BMWDave

QuoteWho's buying it, you are your friend?
My friend is buying it, but I am going to be driving the car a lot as well, and I'm the one helping him, and doing all his research, etc.  But he is buying the car for himself.  

This is a good experience for me, since I am going to be going through a very similar situation in a few years, when I buy a sports car of my own for about 20K.  

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Well, Dave, when the time comes, I'll help in any way I can.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteWell, Dave, when the time comes, I'll help in any way I can.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Hey, I'm glad to.  I'm trying to get Minpin his car, and I've even helped Steve find something to look for when he's ready (He said E36 325i, I said 944), so bring it man.  It's what I'm here for.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

Hey, I'm glad to.  I'm trying to get Minpin his car, and I've even helped Steve find something to look for when he's ready (He said E36 325i, I said 944), so bring it man.  It's what I'm here for.
All right, when the time comes, I'll know who to contact :)

2007 Honda S2000