Got a New Car!

Started by Colonel Cadillac, August 11, 2009, 03:10:11 PM

TBR

Your pictures want a username and password.

Colonel Cadillac

I tried skipping a step, guess that didn't work.

J86

Looks nice!  Good luck keeping those rims unbent in the potholes in this damn city!

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: J86 on August 17, 2009, 04:21:01 PM
Looks nice!  Good luck keeping those rims unbent in the potholes in this damn city!

Got the protection from the dealer; any popped tires, bent rims, scraped rims, anything I get replaced for free for 5 years :praise:

CALL_911

That's sexy. I always loved the way the xenons looked on the B7 over the normal halogen-specced cars (e.g. my Mom's).

How much did that protection plan run you? That's convenient for sure.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

J86

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on August 17, 2009, 06:45:44 PM

Got the protection from the dealer; any popped tires, bent rims, scraped rims, anything I get replaced for free for 5 years :praise:

You'll need it.  I feel like I'm driving in Baghdad down here.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 17, 2009, 06:51:52 PM
That's sexy. I always loved the way the xenons looked on the B7 over the normal halogen-specced cars (e.g. my Mom's).

How much did that protection plan run you? That's convenient for sure.

$850, and the xenons are the active kind that bend around the corners. I didn't even know they were like that until I was driving in the dark!

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: J86 on August 17, 2009, 06:53:36 PM
You'll need it.  I feel like I'm driving in Baghdad down here.

Haha, absolutely. It's a whole new world down there. I'm leaving in about an hour on my trek down.

CALL_911

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on August 18, 2009, 08:03:47 AM

$850, and the xenons are the active kind that bend around the corners. I didn't even know they were like that until I was driving in the dark!

Yeah, I know. It's subtle but quite useful.

$850? I'd have gone for it too.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 18, 2009, 08:11:21 AM
Yeah, I know. It's subtle but quite useful.

$850? I'd have gone for it too.

It was a steal. A lot can go wrong in 5 years also. The xenons are great, especially around here where it's chop full of corners.

CALL_911

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on August 18, 2009, 08:13:23 AM

It was a steal. A lot can go wrong in 5 years also. The xenons are great, especially around here where it's chop full of corners.

Absolutely.

Your drive down should be fun.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

S204STi

Grats man, enjoy it safely.

The Pirate

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on August 18, 2009, 08:03:47 AM

That price seems awful low for 5 years of full coverage.  I'd read the fine print, see what isn't included.  Also, do you have to bring the car back to them to fix?  That's inconvenient when you're at school.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

J86

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on August 18, 2009, 08:04:18 AM

Haha, absolutely. It's a whole new world down there. I'm leaving in about an hour on my trek down.

Safe travels; I'm sure I'll see you cruising around at some point.

J86

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 18, 2009, 09:51:48 AM

Your drive down should be fun.

It's a long and shitty drive from CT...roads aren't the most fascinating.

CALL_911

Quote from: J86 on August 18, 2009, 12:56:13 PM
It's a long and shitty drive from CT...roads aren't the most fascinating.

Yeah, I guess.

Well, at least he could go faster in this than he could in his TSX? :huh:

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

MexicoCityM3

Initial driving impressions?
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: The Pirate on August 18, 2009, 10:26:12 AM
That price seems awful low for 5 years of full coverage.  I'd read the fine print, see what isn't included.  Also, do you have to bring the car back to them to fix?  That's inconvenient when you're at school.

Nope, it's easiest if I take it to any Audi dealer, but they will reimburse me if I did stuff at a non-Audi tire shop also. It is a really low price which is great and it covers pretty much anything.

The Pirate

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on August 18, 2009, 08:18:25 PM

Nope, it's easiest if I take it to any Audi dealer, but they will reimburse me if I did stuff at a non-Audi tire shop also. It is a really low price which is great and it covers pretty much anything.

Well, then that's definitely a great deal.  I likely would have purchased it too.  And again, enjoy the car, it's beautiful!
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on August 18, 2009, 07:52:33 PM
Initial driving impressions?

I've been driving on the highway and it is an amazing cruiser. The steering is a bit artificial and you can't always feel what's going on with the front tires, but it responds instantly and it makes for extremely good high speed stability where you don't really wander in the lane. The engine is a gem, it feels like it effortlessly pulls to 100 from 80 in 6th gear and in no time. The car corners very well and always feels very planted, and the quattro makes it fun to claw out of corners. It does understeer a bit, a product of the engine sitting pretty far forwards, but it's manageable and I'm not usually going fast enough for it to really understeer. It feels like it was built well, it just feels very solid. All in all, I am extremely pleased I got it with the V6 because it really works so well with the car.

TBR

Is the $850 just for the tires/wheel?

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: TBR on August 19, 2009, 03:13:13 PM
Is the $850 just for the tires/wheel?

Tires and wheel. Popped tire, scraped rim, bent rim, anything.

TBR

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on August 19, 2009, 08:38:54 PM

Tires and wheel. Popped tire, scraped rim, bent rim, anything.

Hmm...it does seem a little expensive but I suppose if you have lots of wheel problems it could be worth it. I know I get road hazard for $12/tire from Discount Tire (just used it again Saturday, I swear my damn wheels are magnetic since I seem to find every single nail on the road), but that obviously doesn't cover the wheel.

heelntoe

Congrats charlie. That's a sweet ride.
@heelntoe