Infiniti M!

Started by 2o6, August 14, 2009, 08:43:11 PM

ifcar

Quote from: sportyaccordy on September 24, 2009, 12:39:27 PM
You yourself implied that in the post ifcar quoted.

I doubt the GS is "uncomfortable". The one before it was plenty comfy for 4 fully grown adults, and I can't imagine the one that followed being uncomfortable.

The old one had more space than the new one.

You can't speak for the salesman's comfort level, is what I was trying to say. He's not allowed to admit he's uncomfortable even if he is.

Catman

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=19598.msg1166365#msg1166365 date=1253817673
I said that all four of us were comfortable.  We didn't sit, look at the salesman, and then decided we were comfortable because he looked comfortable.  That's ridiculous. 

Yet, that's exactly what you did! :mask:

Raza

Quote from: ifcar on September 24, 2009, 11:35:46 AM
Salesmen are paid to act comfortable in anything they're trying to sell, and that sounds like it was a fairly short drive. The A6 and M are much roomier.

Addressing some of the comments about ride and comfort:
"Despite the supple ride, there is discipline in the chassis..."
"Comfortable in front and back, the GS cossets you in every way..."

That's just from the first review Tim posted.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

Quote from: Raza  on September 24, 2009, 07:48:42 PM
Addressing some of the comments about ride and comfort:
"Despite the supple ride, there is discipline in the chassis..."
"Comfortable in front and back, the GS cossets you in every way..."

That's just from the first review Tim posted.

I'm sure the ride is fine compared to the sports-package cars the other manufacturers provide. That doesn't mean it's nearly as good as it should be for the price, considering that comfort is the car's focus, not sport.

That review is simply inaccurate on the interior comfort. The GS is at the bottom of its class.

TBR

Quote from: ifcar on September 24, 2009, 07:55:31 PM
I'm sure the ride is fine compared to the sports-package cars the other manufacturers provide. That doesn't mean it's nearly as good as it should be for the price, considering that comfort is the car's focus, not sport.

That review is simply inaccurate on the interior comfort. The GS is at the bottom of its class.

I imagine the S-type makes anything of similar size seem to have a roomy and comfortable cabin.

Colonel Cadillac

I thought the GS had a pretty good ride. It is definitely very comfortable :huh:

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: TBR on September 23, 2009, 04:40:41 PM
What's worse?

The current shape M35, the Audi A6 and the Acura Legend (whatever it's call in the States) are inferior IMO.  I'd have a GS over any of those cars, it's my favourite Lexus.

It's also massively more attractive than the new E-Class, for me at least.

I'm not a Lexus fan but I do like the GS.

ifcar

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on September 27, 2009, 07:47:01 AM
The current shape M35, the Audi A6 and the Acura Legend (whatever it's call in the States) are inferior IMO.

Based on?

nickdrinkwater

ifcar

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on September 27, 2009, 07:55:57 AM
My opinion and what I've read.

Right, I meant specifically what characteristics of the car you felt -- based on your opinion and what you've read -- made it better.

TBR

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on September 27, 2009, 07:47:01 AM
The current shape M35, the Audi A6 and the Acura Legend (whatever it's call in the States) are inferior IMO.  I'd have a GS over any of those cars, it's my favourite Lexus.

It's also massively more attractive than the new E-Class, for me at least.

I'm not a Lexus fan but I do like the GS.

Well, I happen to believe that both the A6 and the M35 are radically better. And, the automotive press seems to agree with me.

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: ifcar on September 27, 2009, 07:56:52 AM
Right, I meant specifically what characteristics of the car you felt -- based on your opinion and what you've read -- made it better.

Against the Infiniti, I think the Lexus looks better, inside and out.  Maybe the Lexus can't match the interior of the A6 but it's just as appealing from a styling POV.  I never liked the proportions of the A6.

I never thought the M35 looked very upscale for what it is.  It doesn't have much presence for me.

ifcar

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on September 27, 2009, 12:44:25 PM
Against the Infiniti, I think the Lexus looks better, inside and out.  Maybe the Lexus can't match the interior of the A6 but it's just as appealing from a styling POV.  I never liked the proportions of the A6.

I never thought the M35 looked very upscale for what it is.  It doesn't have much presence for me.

So when you're saying "is better" you mean "looks better"?