Infiniti M!

Started by 2o6, August 14, 2009, 08:43:11 PM

sportyaccordy

Damn, looks a lot bigger and bulbous in the flesh

Looks like Infiniti is going for the CTS/STS deal. I'm still holding out hope for a Q return with an optional V12

CJ

Quote from: 565 on September 19, 2009, 11:15:28 AM
Isn't the offical debut not till december?  It's a rather casual way to post the first pics of the actual car.

Who cares?  It's ugly anyway.

Onslaught

I think it looks really good.

Colonel Cadillac

Catman

sportyaccordy

I think the interior beats out the XF

Submariner

Quote from: sportyaccordy on September 19, 2009, 07:55:24 PM

That is very nice, but I have a feeling it will look over styled in person, as holds true with the exterior.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Vinsanity

well what do you know, it looks better in real life pics than in the fancy rendering

Submariner

Quote from: Vinsanity on September 19, 2009, 08:17:54 PM
well what do you know, it looks better in real life pics than in the fancy rendering

That's very true. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

TBR

Quote from: sportyaccordy on September 19, 2009, 07:55:24 PM

I don't care for the two-tone set-up, but with colors that contrast better or in solid black it would be quite good looking. Infiniti interiors are really excellent these days.

omicron

I'm not really sure what to think. It's not bad, but it seems to have eaten one too many pies.

cawimmer430

I actually prefer the outgoing model. This looks bloated. The interior looks great in terms of materials but the design doesn't appeal to me. I like simple interiors that flow and don't look too high tech.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

cawimmer430

^Quote editing is fun, eh?^  :thumbsup:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

sportyaccordy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on September 21, 2009, 01:12:09 PM
I actually prefer the outgoing model. This looks bloated. The interior looks great in terms of materials but the design doesn't appeal to me. I like simple interiors that flow and don't look too high tech.
Outgoing model was outdated performance-wise. Assuming the pricing doesn't change much the new car will be much more competitive.

And I agree that it looks bloated. But it is still a pretty sharp design. Plus to me the interior is win. For cars like this, arguably the interior is more important than the exterior (which is why I could prob see myself getting a last gen TL Type-S over an E60 530i or W211 E350).

IMO Lexus better shape up, the weak ass GS doesn't stand a chance.

TBR

Quote from: sportyaccordy on September 22, 2009, 06:21:12 AM
Outgoing model was outdated performance-wise. Assuming the pricing doesn't change much the new car will be much more competitive.

And I agree that it looks bloated. But it is still a pretty sharp design. Plus to me the interior is win. For cars like this, arguably the interior is more important than the exterior (which is why I could prob see myself getting a last gen TL Type-S over an E60 530i or W211 E350).

IMO Lexus better shape up, the weak ass GS doesn't stand a chance.

The GS has been at the back of the class since it came out yet people still seem to buy them :huh:

Colonel Cadillac

I can't wait for the new 5-series and A6 to come out. I am going to have a good time picking out a new car for my dad from this class--lots of competition.

ifcar

Quote from: TBR on September 22, 2009, 09:20:53 AM
The GS has been at the back of the class since it came out yet people still seem to buy them :huh:

Not too many, but definitely more than should.

TBR

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on September 22, 2009, 09:44:29 AM
I can't wait for the new 5-series and A6 to come out. I am going to have a good time picking out a new car for my dad from this class--lots of competition.

Any news on when a new A6 is coming out? They just did a fairly significant update to the current car so it seems like it would be a while, but it has been out for 4-5 years already.

sportyaccordy

Some ppl just don't know about cars

Raza

Because it's the best value. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=19598.msg1165065#msg1165065 date=1253653717
Because it's the best value.  

Even if it is the cheapest in the class (a point which I'll concede merely because I don't care enough to research), it isn't necessarily the best value. A car that is markedly worse than its competitors yet costs only slightly less than a few of them (thinking Jaguar XF, Audi A6, and Infiniti M) can't be the best value, or even a good value.

If you want to argue value based purely on the lowest price, then the Acura RL wins, and it's probably a better car too.

Raza

Quote from: TBR on September 22, 2009, 04:16:41 PM
Even if it is the cheapest in the class (a point which I'll concede merely because I don't care enough to research), it isn't necessarily the best value. A car that is markedly worse than its competitors yet costs only slightly less than a few of them (thinking Jaguar XF, Audi A6, and Infiniti M) can't be the best value, or even a good value.

If you want to argue value based purely on the lowest price, then the Acura RL wins, and it's probably a better car too.

I don't, I don't know where you got the idea.

I've driven it, and I have a hard time believing that not only are the other cars noticeably better (with the possible exceptions of the 5 and E), but also that they are better in ways the target market will care about.  It's considerably cheaper, and also comes packed with features that add thousands to the price of an Audi, BMW, or Mercedes.  Mercedes sells the E class without leather standard, for fuck's sake.  You've got to be kidding that it's not the best value. 

As for the RL being a better car, that's probably a joke too, right? 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

Quote from: Raza  on September 23, 2009, 07:18:37 AM

I've driven it, and I have a hard time believing that not only are the other cars noticeably better (with the possible exceptions of the 5 and E), but also that they are better in ways the target market will care about.  It's considerably cheaper, and also comes packed with features that add thousands to the price of an Audi, BMW, or Mercedes.  Mercedes sells the E class without leather standard, for fuck's sake.  You've got to be kidding that it's not the best value. 

Reviews I've read of the GS say it falls behind in both ride and handling, and I can say it very obviously lacks interior space for its size.

Where would you say it makes up for that?

CaMIRO

One would hope.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: ifcar on September 23, 2009, 07:26:35 AM
Reviews I've read of the GS say it falls behind in both ride and handling, and I can say it very obviously lacks interior space for its size.

Where would you say it makes up for that?
Price :)

TBR

I am not talking about BMW or Mercedes. I am talking about Audi, Jaguar, and Infiniti. All three make a better midsize sports sedan for not just a whole lot more.
No.

nickdrinkwater

The GS is a very nice car.  No way it's bottom of the class IMO.

ifcar

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on September 23, 2009, 02:39:08 PM
The GS is a very nice car.  No way it's bottom of the class IMO.

Your opinion is based on...

Yawn

Quote from: TBR on September 22, 2009, 10:37:52 AM
Any news on when a new A6 is coming out? They just did a fairly significant update to the current car so it seems like it would be a while, but it has been out for 4-5 years already.

Based on sales, it didnt help...