Acura RSX

Started by Minpin, August 16, 2005, 02:55:40 PM

SJ_GTI

Just curious, have you considered the Cobalt SS or Mazda 3s? Both have more powerful engines than the RSX and IMHO look better than the 9-2x.

BMWDave

Just checked prices...with the Employee discount, you'd be paying only 20,425 for the base Aero (the high end version).

pretty good price if you ask me. B)

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

BMWDave

For a Linear version, you only pay $17,821.00  with the Employee Discount.

2007 Honda S2000

Minpin

Yea i checked that out too, but the aero would be the only option. heh
The aero and WRX have the exact same engine, but i like the way the WRX looks better than the 9-2x. And I have considered the Cobalt SS but im not a fan of its looks. The same goes for the mazda.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Raza

QuoteDo you think the dealers would negotiate a WRX? I dont think they would as it seems they are in high demand.
They're in demand, but there are alot of them, and August is a good time to buy.  I told you, the one I had was 28K down to 22K.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Minpin

FlatBlackCaddy

QuoteJust curious, have you considered the Cobalt SS or Mazda 3s? Both have more powerful engines than the RSX and IMHO look better than the 9-2x.
I drove through the local chev dealer the other day looking for used vettes.

Anyway i was driving the lot and stopped because i saw some cobalts sitting there(last time i was at the chev dealer to check out the new cobalts they ddin't have any).

So i stopped and looked at a yellow 2 door SS, i looked around and frankly was pretty surprised, the interior looked pretty good, the design was nice. Overall stance was pretty nice and the tail lights looked better than in pictures. If i was in the market for such a car i'd certainly check out the chevy, i'm sure it would have looked much better in black or blue(i like darker colors).

Minpin

Ill try to check it out, plus the employee price is on the SS right? Im not sure.

FlatBlackCaddy

To my knowledge its on all 2005's, so i don't know if you can get the EP or not. Still check it out, you never know.

If i was shopping this kind of car my list would be basically
Mazda 3
Cobalt
RSX
Maybe a SE-R Spec V(they are cheap to begin with, and they have a year end sale going on).

Tom

You can get a Focus Z3 for under 12k new.  The 2.0 might not have enough balls for your likeing compared to some of the other names suggested, but I think you'll like the sharp handling and sporty drive.  I can see how looks are love it or hate it though.

SJ_GTI

QuoteTo my knowledge its on all 2005's, so i don't know if you can get the EP or not. Still check it out, you never know.

If i was shopping this kind of car my list would be basically
Mazda 3
Cobalt
RSX
Maybe a SE-R Spec V(they are cheap to begin with, and they have a year end sale going on).
Mine would be about the same, though I'd probably replace the Sentra with the Scion Tc.

Raza

QuoteYou had a WRX?
*Almost bought* a WRX.  Sorry, that sentence was a bit misleading.  I almost bought a Rex wagon, but my parents forced me into my VW Passat (I went from a 4 cylinder turbo with 227bhp, AWD, and a 5 speed stick to a 4 cylinder turbo with 170bhp, FWD, and a 5 speed auto).  But next time around (Decemberish), I won't be so quick to compromise.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Run Away

Considered a VW Golf GTI?

Raza

QuoteConsidered a VW Golf GTI?
Good choice--the 1.8T is a very capable motor, and pretty much fully loaded, the GTI 1.8T only runs about 23 grand (the MSRP of a VR6, that has only 20bhp more).  The 1.8T is also a reliable engine, with plenty of mods available.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raghavan

QuoteConsidered a VW Golf GTI?
Good choice--the 1.8T is a very capable motor, and pretty much fully loaded, the GTI 1.8T only runs about 23 grand (the MSRP of a VR6, that has only 20bhp more).  The 1.8T is also a reliable engine, with plenty of mods available.
i thought they were a pain in the butt to maintain?

FlatBlackCaddy

1.8T has timing belt problems(as in they fail before you are even supposed to check them), and it has some other problems as well.

I guess you could call it reliable, it depends on what your comparing it too.

Raza

Quote1.8T has timing belt problems(as in they fail before you are even supposed to check them), and it has some other problems as well.

I guess you could call it reliable, it depends on what your comparing it too.
VWs rule man.

Get over it.

:lol:  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Minpin

Ok well im doing some more brain storming. What do you guys think of the 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT? I really like the looks of that and it has a decent price. I drove by the dealer on the highway and glanced over, they looked really nice in person.  

ifcar

It's a Galant coupe with different styling. At the prices they charge, I don't see any advantage to it.  

BMWDave

QuoteIt's a Galant coupe with different styling. At the prices they charge, I don't see any advantage to it.
Same here.  Its only a sporty car, not a sports car by an means.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

It's no sportier than an Accord coupe, and less practical.  

Raghavan

QuoteOk well im doing some more brain storming. What do you guys think of the 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT? I really like the looks of that and it has a decent price. I drove by the dealer on the highway and glanced over, they looked really nice in person.
no way

TBR

Despite what all of these people say, the Eclipse GT is at least worth a look, it is a good car with plenty of power, but it won't be all that great in the twisties.

ifcar

But there are other cars that either have more power, comparable power and better handling, or are better in both ways. There is just no advantage to it.

Raza

QuoteIt's no sportier than an Accord coupe, and less practical.
This I agree with. I absolutely hate the styling as well.  The Eclipse has already been plagued with recalls, so make of that what you will.  

The RSX is a better choice, as is the Mazda3s, which is cheaper.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

I don't know about "plagued", it had two very early in production. I wouldn't worry about that, the car just doesn't have advantages over other sporty cars in the same price range.

Raza

QuoteI don't know about "plagued", it had two very early in production. I wouldn't worry about that, the car just doesn't have advantages over other sporty cars in the same price range.
And every time I see one I want to spray it with holy water and read Psalms while holdoing back my vomit turns me off from the car as well.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Minpin

Eh, ok well it was just a brainstor heh. I guess no go on the eclipse.

Raghavan

QuoteEh, ok well it was just a brainstor heh. I guess no go on the eclipse.
You can get better cars for less money. don't even waste your time.