2005 BMW 330i, 05 Cadillac CTS, and Infiniti G35

Started by BMWDave, August 16, 2005, 06:56:00 PM

ifcar

Mtl, the key is to adjust the standards to whatever class you are looking at. When I shop for a $3,000 used car, for example, my standards are nowhere near my standards when I evaluate a $30,000 new car, for obvious reasons.  

TBR

QuoteMtl, the key is to adjust the standards to whatever class you are looking at. When I shop for a $3,000 used car, for example, my standards are nowhere near my standards when I evaluate a $30,000 new car, for obvious reasons.
Exactly, I expect my first car to run and keep running, that is the limit of my expectations. But when I unload $35000 on a sports sedan I would like for it to be able to do 0-60 in under 6 seconds.

SJ_GTI

QuoteMtl, the key is to adjust the standards to whatever class you are looking at. When I shop for a $3,000 used car, for example, my standards are nowhere near my standards when I evaluate a $30,000 new car, for obvious reasons.
Exactly, I expect my first car to run and keep running, that is the limit of my expectations. But when I unload $35000 on a sports sedan I would like for it to be able to do 0-60 in under 6 seconds.
An entirely reasonable expectation. My bad.