2010 Sonata

Started by CJ, September 01, 2009, 06:48:24 PM

CaMIRO

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on November 23, 2009, 03:09:20 PM
Do you work for Car magazine?

I've often wanted to drop everything and go do just that.

I've read most everything they've put out since about 1970 onward. LJK Setright, George Bishop, Ian Frasier, and Gavin Green told/ tell it like no other.

sportyaccordy

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on December 13, 2009, 01:45:11 PM
YOU are not good looking.

It's a mess.  It could be better in person, but I doubt by much.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

Quote from: Raza  on December 13, 2009, 04:31:32 PM

Well, it is possible it photographs poorly.  The CLS looked horrible in pictures, but looked far better when I saw it in the flesh. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

omicron

USA_Idol

Hyundai is bringing distinctive design to a vehicle class that is typically without distinctive design.  I like that.  I'm not sure about the grille, though, as it's even "bolder" than Ford's meat slicer they have up front on the Fusion...and Edge...and Flex...and Fiesta Sedan...etc.

WookieOnRitalin

Quote from: Raza  on December 13, 2009, 04:31:32 PM

I somehow have the same feeling about you Raza. :)
1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

giant_mtb

Vinsanity

Quote from: Submariner on December 13, 2009, 04:39:03 PM
Well, it is possible it photographs poorly.  The CLS looked horrible in pictures, but looked far better when I saw it in the flesh. 

I saw one in person and I liked it. But then again, I do kinda like how it looks in pictures. FWIW, the front end isn't as weird looking in real life.

The main attraction of this car, though, is the interior. Simply blows the Camcord out of the water.

AltinD

Quote from: Vinsanity on December 15, 2009, 11:04:06 AM
I saw one in person and I liked it. But then again, I do kinda like how it looks in pictures. FWIW, the front end isn't as weird looking in real life.

The main attraction of this car, though, is the interior. Simply blows the Camcord out of the water.

The car has the cheappest and ugliest door handles this side of the 1990  :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

AltinD

No pics of the door handles unfortunatelly

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

CJ

That looks MUCH less awkward.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

2o6

I think it looks nice, but underwheeled.

SVT666

I hope it just doesn't photograph well.

hotrodalex

Some of those lines are just completely wrong. The designers need to go back to the drawing board...

AutobahnSHO

The only real issues I have is the hoodline between the headlights and a-pillar, and that the headlights extend too far forward/low.
Will

hotrodalex

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on December 25, 2009, 11:37:22 AM
The only real issues I have is the hoodline between the headlights and a-pillar, and that the headlights extend too far forward/low.

The main bodyline on the side is horrible. The crease should never run from the front tire to the top of the tail lights. That's not even the worst part of that, as the door handles shouldn't run along it.

The line should be from the head lights to the tail lights, with the door handles on it. However, that's not really possible with the awkwardness of the head lights and hood and all the badly planned lines branching off from those two.

Submariner

They went really overboard with the styling.  It's got the stupidity of the genesis's coupes face translated all over the body.  Ugh...fail.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

CJ

So I was thinking about this car, and decided to check the website for some information.

The curb weight for the Sonata WITH A 6-SPEED MANUAL is 3,161 lbs.  It has a 16.4 cu. ft. trunk and is still classified by the EPA as a large car.  It has an 18.5 gallon gas tank and an estimated highway fuel economy of 35 MPG with the automatic.  That equates to a 647.5 mile range, so a real world 620 mile range.  Its 2.4 liter 4-cylinder is direct injection and offers 198/200 HP and 184/186 lb ft. of torque.  That's pretty damn good.

Payman

Man, that's lighter than a lot of small cars. I'm warming up to it.

2o6

Quote from: CJ on January 01, 2010, 11:07:15 PM
So I was thinking about this car, and decided to check the website for some information.

The curb weight for the Sonata WITH A 6-SPEED MANUAL is 3,161 lbs.  It has a 16.4 cu. ft. trunk and is still classified by the EPA as a large car.  It has an 18.5 gallon gas tank and an estimated highway fuel economy of 35 MPG with the automatic.  That equates to a 647.5 mile range, so a real world 620 mile range.  Its 2.4 liter 4-cylinder is direct injection and offers 198/200 HP and 184/186 lb ft. of torque.  That's pretty damn good.

That's pretty light. I wonder how much the next Elantra and Accent will weigh?

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: CJ on January 01, 2010, 11:07:15 PM

That MPG figure sounds optimistic for 2.4l gasoline engine.  Impressive if true though.

That's a good range but nothing groundbreaking.  Most diesel sedans (Mondeo, Passat) have been capable of that for a while now.

SVT666

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on January 03, 2010, 04:20:08 AM
That MPG figure sounds optimistic for 2.4l gasoline engine.  Impressive if true though.

That's a good range but nothing groundbreaking.  Most diesel sedans (Mondeo, Passat) have been capable of that for a while now.
If it was a diesel I could see your point, but it's not.  The fuel economy seems to be a little better then the Fusion 4 banger.

Raza

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on January 03, 2010, 04:20:08 AM

That curb weight sounds really optimistic for a car this size. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i