Witnessed an accident today

Started by ifcar, September 02, 2009, 09:36:36 PM

SVT_Power

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 09, 2009, 05:46:08 PM
Ha!  My Focus is too loud for speaker phone too.  It's that wicked exhaust and intake that SVT put on this thing.

are you running stock intake/exhaust?

I dunno about SVTF's, but the SVTC's exhaust was pretty quiet until you hit about 3500 rpm when it sounded so good. The SVTC's intake is a closed cold air intake (conical but has airbox around it and is fed from fender). Do you guys have the same thing?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

hotrodalex

Quote from: NACar on September 09, 2009, 05:49:48 PM
Wow, you think that's loud? You should drive a Swift sometime.

You should drive the road sometime.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: hotrodalex on September 09, 2009, 07:12:05 PM
You should drive the road sometime.

Get back to me once you have a blown big block with open headers.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

hotrodalex

Quote from: NACar on September 09, 2009, 07:14:38 PM
Get back to me once you have a blown big block with open headers.

:rolleyes:

Open headers = less power.

Eye of the Tiger

hotrodalex

Eye of the Tiger

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

hotrodalex

Quote from: NACar on September 09, 2009, 07:28:01 PM
Liquid metallic hydrogen robs power  :rolleyes:

Your mom robs power.

That's my first and last your mom joke.

Eye of the Tiger

Minpin

I was on the way back to college on I-10 and recieved a text message. I was like "Mom, take the wheel so I can respond", in a totally joking manner. She was like "Ok, I used to do this all the time as a kid. My friend XX would do the pedals and shifts, and I would steer."

I was in shock.  :lol:
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

SVT666

Quote from: SVT_Power on September 09, 2009, 05:53:27 PM
are you running stock intake/exhaust?

I dunno about SVTF's, but the SVTC's exhaust was pretty quiet until you hit about 3500 rpm when it sounded so good. The SVTC's intake is a closed cold air intake (conical but has airbox around it and is fed from fender). Do you guys have the same thing?
The exhaust on the SVTF is fairly loud even at idle.  It's the only 4 banger I've ever heard that actually growls when you get on the gas too.  The intake is a ram air style and it is stock.  The thing about the SVTF is that SVT did such a good job with everything that there just about isn't anything you can do to make more power outside of a custom tune (which I have) or forced induction.  Aftermarket exhausts and intakes generally don't make any more power or actually lose power.