A rant on the hypocrisy of the typical Prius owner...

Started by the Teuton, September 05, 2009, 09:11:53 PM

J86

Quote from: Tave on September 06, 2009, 09:45:02 AM
I don't know what's more annoying: the Prius or people bitching about it.

Definitely the latter.  It's a goddamn car.

And, you can get a Prius with leather?  Damn, I wish ours had that.

thewizard16

Quote from: J86 on September 07, 2009, 09:51:42 PM
Definitely the latter.  It's a goddamn car.

And, you can get a Prius with leather?  Damn, I wish ours had that.
Agreed to an extent. My feelings about the Prius mimic my feelings about most Apple products. It's a good product- it does it's job well and depending on your stylistic feelings, may be very shiny and attractive. However, the marketing annoys the hell out of me, and the attitudes from a tiny segment of their customer base that think they're better simply because they bought something "different" are so irritating and outspoken that they end up affecting my perception of the whole product.

Personally, I think the leather argument in a Prius is stupid. Just because you want to emit fewer greenhouse gases/use less fuel has nothing to do with being a vegan/vegetarian, etc. I'd like to not have global warming and get great gas mileage, and I'm still going to stop by Texas Land and Cattle on my way home if I want a steak- Get over it. The idea that the car is for extreme environmentalists is foolish, that's not a profitable way to market a vehicle. I'll agree with you that the attitude of a select few owners is very annoying and often hypocritical, but that has nothing to do with the product itself (see Apple argument above).
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.