SUV

Started by SVT666, September 07, 2009, 08:51:50 PM

S204STi

Quote from: Galaxy on September 19, 2009, 02:33:59 PM
That is misleading as it implies that all AWD systems inherently  have no low range. Which is wrong.

Or that 4wd and AWD aren't somehow more or less the same thing.

Marketing jargon FTL.

SVT_Power

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 18, 2009, 08:56:01 AM
I think it's stupid that a Jeep can even be bought as a 2WD, let alone no 4 Lo.
Every Explorer I've ever seen has 4 Lo.  Even the AWD versions have 4 Hi and 4 Lo.  At least the ones I've seen anyway.

Our explorer has 4 Lo  :huh:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Rupert

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 17, 2009, 10:37:24 AM
I just read that the 3.7L and 4.7L Commanders only come with AWD and no low range.  WTF?  A Jeep with no low range?  I might have to go with the Explorer just based on that.

Seems to me that if you're willing to go with IRS, then there shouldn't be much use for low range, either. I use low range very rarely.  :huh:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA