McLaren MP4-12C official pics and specs.

Started by Galaxy, September 08, 2009, 04:32:23 PM

Raza

Quote from: Sigma Projects on September 13, 2009, 06:03:47 AM
Could both of you guys be correct? That the paddle shifters are for both a selling gimmick and for performance? Why does it have to be only one or the other. I mean these cars are for only profit , if there was no money incentive at all of the company either being a marketing promotion or a volume seller they wouldn't be making it. But just because they are trying to make a profit doesn't mean they would do things that would also increase performance since this is a segment where performance does matter, mostly as bragging rights.

Ergo marketing. 

:lol:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Wow.  What a beautiful site.  I just wish it would tell me how much my car would cost after I got it all configured.

MX793

Quote from: SVT666 on August 13, 2010, 03:49:47 PM
Wow.  What a beautiful site.  I just wish it would tell me how much my car would cost after I got it all configured.

I guess they must be operating under the "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" mentality.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

hotrodalex

Great site design. I kind of want to make 20 cars on there just to look at the pretty website.  :lol:

Payman

Sweet. I'd love to be able to configure this car the way I want it, and then actually order it.

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

hotrodalex

Quote from: Rockraven on August 13, 2010, 09:42:09 PM
Sweet. I'd love to be able to configure this car the way I want it, and then actually order it.

It made me sad when I had to click the "just a fan" option.

Submariner

I really want to be excited about this car, but with their previous effort being the F1, all I can think of is "that's it?"
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Galaxy

Quote from: Submariner on August 13, 2010, 11:47:50 PM
I really want to be excited about this car, but with their previous effort being the F1, all I can think of is "that's it?"

The Ferrari Italia is considered to be One of the best sports cars ever, even though it also is not priced in super car territory. I have hope that the McLaren can pounce the  Italia.

Payman

Quote from: Submariner on August 13, 2010, 11:47:50 PM

The F1 was a balls out, engineering triumph. The object was to see what McLaren could do, not to build an actual production car company... which is the goal this time.

Vinsanity

so they're sticking with that jumbled alphanumeric soup of a name? :frown:

they're better off calling it the Hammerhead Eagle Thrust

nickdrinkwater

It shares the name with the 2009 F1 car IIRC?