Counter-clockwise
20 (76.9%)
I alternate
3 (11.5%)
I don't wear a belt
2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Byteme

If you are male, once buckled the tongue points to your left.  

There is a sound reason for that.  If you are in the driver's seat on the left, where god intended drivers to sit, having the tongue of the belt pointing to the left makes it easier for the woman in the passenger seat to unfasten your belt.   :huh:

Raza

If the fly of my pants is 12 o'clock when viewed from above, then I wear my belt counterclockwise.  The end of the belt gets inserted through the first loop on the lefthand side of my pants and then around.  I tend to wear a rectangular "push button" buckle as well, in case you were wondering. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Byteme

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=20078.msg1171453#msg1171453 date=1254403283
I tend to wear a rectangular "push button" buckle as well, in case you were wondering. 

We weren't.   :lol:

Raza

Quote from: Byteme on October 01, 2009, 07:24:44 AM
We weren't.   :lol:

:lol:

I figured the thread was going to go there next. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

I alternate. It depends entirely on how I happen to pick up the belt; if the buckle happens to end up in my left hand, the belt goes to the right, and vice versa.

omicron

I cannot begin to imagine how confused I'd be if I attempted putting on my belt to the right.

ChrisV

Belts? You guys still wear belts?

I just get pants that fit to start with.

:lol: :tounge:
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Minpin

Quote from: ChrisV on October 01, 2009, 09:08:53 AM

Suspenders is where it's at.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Tave

Counter-clockwise, like a real man.

Quote from: The Pirate on September 30, 2009, 11:40:50 PM
I thread through the right belt loop (my right) first.  That puts the buckle facing left.

I think a public stoning is in order for this heratic.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

The Pirate

Quote from: Tave on October 01, 2009, 09:14:17 AM
Counter-clockwise, like a real man.

I think a public stoning is in order for this heratic.

All these years I've been wearing my belt wrong.  Nobody told me!  :cry:  :lol:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

omicron

Quote from: The Pirate on October 01, 2009, 09:31:17 AM

Next you'll tell us your shirts have the buttons on the left.....

FoMoJo

CCW, as most right-handed people are intuitively inclined I expect.  However, John raises a good point :ohyeah:.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Raza

It's strange; it never occured to me to do it any other way but to the left.  I guess I mimicked the buttons on my shirt. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

dazzleman

Who'd notice?  I never knew there was more than one way to wear a belt.  I go around to the left.  Is that the right or wrong way?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Eye of the Tiger

Where have you been living, in a cave?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

r0tor

i fattened up enough to not need a belt
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

dazzleman

Quote from: r0tor on October 01, 2009, 10:15:15 AM
i fattened up enough to not need a belt

I have the opposite issue.  I've lost weight, and now most of my pants will come off without me unbuttoning them, so I need a belt to hold them up.  If I keep taking off weight, I'll have to get new clothes.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

J86

Quote from: Byteme on October 01, 2009, 06:43:18 AM

There is a sound reason for that.  If you are in the driver's seat on the left, where god intended drivers to sit, having the tongue of the belt pointing to the left makes it easier for the woman in the passenger seat to unfasten your belt.   :huh:

Tave

Quote from: dazzleman on October 01, 2009, 10:07:43 AM
Who'd notice?  I never knew there was more than one way to wear a belt.  I go around to the left.  Is that the right or wrong way?

That is the manly man way to wear it. Rest easy, the Angel of Improper Belt Etiquette and Smite will pass over you tonight.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

dazzleman

Quote from: Tave on October 01, 2009, 10:33:07 AM
That is the manly man way to wear it. Rest easy, the Angel of Improper Belt Etiquette and Smite will pass over you tonight.

The Pirate

After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

The Pirate

Quote from: dazzleman on October 01, 2009, 10:07:43 AM

Yeah, not a big deal, really.  But I like John's (Byteme) line of thought here, so I'll be trying to make the switch.  :devil:

dazzleman

Quote from: The Pirate on October 01, 2009, 10:38:54 AM
Yeah, not a big deal, really.  But I like John's (Byteme) line of thought here, so I'll be trying to make the switch.  :devil:

I like his way of thinking on the subject also.  You should definitely make the switch.  That's the only situation where anybody should notice or care about how you're wearing your belt.

BimmerM3

Quote from: The Pirate on October 01, 2009, 10:38:54 AM

Just out of curiosity, are you right or left handed?

BimmerM3

Quote from: Byteme on October 01, 2009, 06:43:18 AM

So do Brits put their belts on the other way?

omicron

The Pirate

Quote from: BimmerM3 on October 01, 2009, 10:52:12 AM
Just out of curiosity, are you right or left handed?

I'm right handed.

Byteme

Quick.  Check between your legs?  See anything?  If not, then wear your belt clockwise.

Byteme

Quote from: ChrisV on October 01, 2009, 09:08:53 AM

Sansabelt? The old man pants where the waist band comes up just under the armpits?