AE86 successor concept.

Started by 565, October 06, 2009, 09:17:47 AM

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on October 22, 2009, 12:23:48 PM
That makes what, 36 serious contenders now?

I think we're up to like six or seven.  But many of them aren't feasible, really, based on how long I want to keep the car.  I mean, I wouldn't buy a ten year old car to replace mine.  Chances are it'll be replaced with a car that isn't on the market yet, with a max of about five years old.  So if I want to keep the car another 6-7 years, a 2011-2012 model is what I'd be looking for. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Morris Minor

⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Vinsanity

bump: for some reason I'm really starting to wonder now what it might be called. Anyone want to venture a guess or suggestion?

I'd really like to see it called the Toyota Trueno and Subaru Alcyone, but I think it'd be more likely to come back as a Toyota Celica or Scion TC.

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on January 10, 2010, 04:02:07 PM
bump: for some reason I'm really starting to wonder now what it might be called. Anyone want to venture a guess or suggestion?

I'd really like to see it called the Toyota Trueno and Subaru Alcyone, but I think it'd be more likely to come back as a Toyota Celica or Scion TC.

I hope they don't sell it as a Scion.

I'd be happy with Celica though.

Supra would make it sell like hotcakes though.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Raza  on January 11, 2010, 08:50:45 AM
I hope they don't sell it as a Scion.

I'd be happy with Celica though.

Supra would make it sell like hotcakes though.
They will get crucified for selling a 4 banger Supra.

A new true Supra would make for interesting competition against the Mustang + Genesis Coupe; though it would probably be sold + marketed as a Lexus to make money. An IS coupe is long overdue, IMO.

I am not holding my breath for this car. Nissan, Toyota & Honda have broken many promises of coming out with cars like this. I'll believe it when I see it on the streets.

SVT666

I would like it to be called Toyota Celica GT-S.

the Teuton

I think it should come in three or four guises:

Celica - 170 hp or so from the EJ25 NA

Celica GT - 200-210 hp EJ25 NA

Celica GTS - 224-230 hp - EJ25 turbo

Celica Supra - 305 hp STI motor
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Sigma Projects

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 11, 2010, 10:59:59 AM
I would like it to be called Toyota Celica GT-S.

yes, yes and yes. It has the same projected weight as the last RWD Celica GT-S (1985) and has a 4 banger. I think overall size is similar too. Calling it a trueno/sprinter/corolla doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me since I doubt it'll ever feel like a its predecessors. The old AE86 was a no frills, high revving (well for its day) econo car that was made out of tin cans and could be tossed around like a hooker at a frat party.
RAs, the last of the RWD Celicas

Check it out, a concept of the Turboed version, with rice.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306

Seriously I'd take that car, rice and all.

Sigma Projects

looks good, i'd just drop that wing...

SVT666

Quote from: 565 on January 17, 2010, 12:42:19 AM
Check it out, a concept of the Turboed version, with rice.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306

Seriously I'd take that car, rice and all.
I sure as hell wouldn't take that wing.

Sigma Projects

hotrodalex

the Teuton

So why does Toyota almost look like they're starting to make appealing cars again while Honda is sucking? Can someone explain this to me?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

2o6

Quote from: the Teuton on January 18, 2010, 04:23:50 PM
So why does Toyota almost look like they're starting to make appealing cars again while Honda is sucking? Can someone explain this to me?

Hondas aren't sucking. Aside from their garish styling, they're still good.

the Teuton

Quote from: 2o6 on January 18, 2010, 04:26:39 PM

Mimes are great conversation aside from the fact they don't talk, of course.

SVT666

Quote from: 2o6 on January 18, 2010, 04:26:39 PM

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh :nutty:

Sigma Projects

Other than the stupid lifted accord, iono honda seems like they've been on a good track record.

sportyaccordy

Honda just needs to put the RDX drivetrain into a Civic Si"R", and all will be right with them as far as I'm concerned.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: sportyaccordy on January 21, 2010, 11:46:57 AM
Honda just needs to put the RDX drivetrain into a Civic Si"R", and all will be right with them as far as I'm concerned.

i can has?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Fuck that shit, just give us the Civic Mugen RR.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i