Lite Mercedes C-Class Facelift

Started by cawimmer430, October 29, 2009, 04:09:51 PM

AltinD

Quote from: GoCougs on November 10, 2009, 09:06:02 PM
So what exactly about their respective driving experiences makes a C300 not boring, and an Accord EX-L V6 boring?

Eveeeerything ... and not only the driving experience

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

sportyaccordy

Quote from: GoCougs on November 11, 2009, 11:46:46 AM
I'm not hating at all - I'm just picking and poking on a point that is pretty obvious to me.

As an extreme example I'd say if you're a ditsy chick that got the car as a graduation present from daddy, yes I'd consider you a poser of the badge worshiping kind.
What empirical evidence do you have to prove this

And say you have someone in a 2009 3 series and a 2007 5 series of equal value... is the person in the 5 series a more "legitimate" BMW owner because they have the midlevel model?

If an Accord and BMW cost the same to buy, why would someone who gets a 3 series be any more stretched for cash than someone in an equally priced Accord?

Sometimes you are on point, but sometimes you have doo doo for brains. Which situation do we have here?

Xer0

GoCougs

Quote from: AltinD on November 12, 2009, 11:09:02 AM

PROTIP: You're like the four person who has answered with such an ethereal response.

NomisR

Quote from: AltinD on November 12, 2009, 11:09:02 AM

To the average buyer, they most likely cannot tell the difference between an Accord vs a C300 just from driving it.  To majority of the buyer, a car is an appliance, at most, you can add status symbol and penis extention to that but fun is not one of the things on most buyer's list.  This doesn't usually apply to people on this board but that doesn't make it any less true.  Why else would CamCords and pickups be the best sellers if driving experience is of importance.. I certainly wouldn't wouldn't consider any of the top  sellers if that was the case.

GoCougs

Quote from: sportyaccordy on November 12, 2009, 11:25:39 AM
What empirical evidence do you have to prove this

And say you have someone in a 2009 3 series and a 2007 5 series of equal value... is the person in the 5 series a more "legitimate" BMW owner because they have the midlevel model?

If an Accord and BMW cost the same to buy, why would someone who gets a 3 series be any more stretched for cash than someone in an equally priced Accord?

Sometimes you are on point, but sometimes you have doo doo for brains. Which situation do we have here?

I am 100% correct. "Entry" level lux are for those who want to act like a big shot when in actuality they are much better off spending that money on a CamCord.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: GoCougs on November 12, 2009, 01:11:13 PM
I am 100% correct. "Entry" level lux are for those who want to act like a big shot when in actuality they are much better off spending that money on a CamCord.
If someone spends $30-35K on a car, they will be in the same financial bind with an Accord as they will in an equally priced BMW

Not to mention, something like a BMW 3 series offers a tangibly different driving experience over the almighty DX V6 Accord that might appeal to someone. LMAO @ you being incensed over people making non-Cougs choices.

2o6

Quote from: GoCougs on November 12, 2009, 01:11:13 PM

What?

Eye of the Tiger

Kinda makes you wonder why GoCougz would buy such a fancy Accord when he could have bought a Taurus.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

NomisR

Quote from: sportyaccordy on November 12, 2009, 01:26:18 PM
If someone spends $30-35K on a car, they will be in the same financial bind with an Accord as they will in an equally priced BMW

Not to mention, something like a BMW 3 series offers a tangibly different driving experience over the almighty DX V6 Accord that might appeal to someone. LMAO @ you being incensed over people making non-Cougs choices.

Actually, if they opt for a BMW 3 series.. and we're comparing new to new here.. you're still going to spend comparably more for the 3 series than a Camcord that's similarly equipment.  At the same price, the level of equipment for the lower priced car is simply better.  So in the end, it's still down to the badge for the average consumer as they cannot differentiate the "driving experience" except on what is advertised, and they'll gobble up whatever marketing tells them. 

cozmik

ugh, the LEDs are getting just annoying now. Let me know when it has LED headlights not just accents. Then I'll care.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Raza

Quote from: NomisR on November 12, 2009, 12:50:52 PM
To the average buyer, they most likely cannot tell the difference between an Accord vs a C300 just from driving it.  To majority of the buyer, a car is an appliance, at most, you can add status symbol and penis extention to that but fun is not one of the things on most buyer's list.  This doesn't usually apply to people on this board but that doesn't make it any less true.  Why else would CamCords and pickups be the best sellers if driving experience is of importance.. I certainly wouldn't wouldn't consider any of the top  sellers if that was the case.

I still think many people can feel the difference, even if they can't express it. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

Quote from: Raza  on November 13, 2009, 07:48:28 AM
I still think many people can feel the difference, even if they can't express it. 

My mother, who knows NOTHING about cars, felt the difference between driving my dad's 911, and her S-class.

She couldn't not put it into word's, but she felt it...

The C may not be a 3 series, but it's worlds apart from a CamCord...
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

NomisR

Quote from: Submariner on November 13, 2009, 08:29:42 AM
My mother, who knows NOTHING about cars, felt the difference between driving my dad's 911, and her S-class.

She couldn't not put it into word's, but she felt it...

The C may not be a 3 series, but it's worlds apart from a CamCord...

Difference is faster acceleration, heavier steering.. the difference is not as big or noticible between C and CamCord as you would between an overweight luxury sedan and a Rear Engine Sports car. 

People typically will be be able to tell the difference between front wheel drive and RWD unless pushing it which most don't.. they're afraid of "hurting" the car when reving the engine. 

AltinD

Quote from: NomisR on November 13, 2009, 10:50:21 AM
Difference is faster acceleration, heavier steering.. the difference is not as big or noticible between C and CamCord as you would between an overweight luxury sedan and a Rear Engine Sports car. 

People typically will be be able to tell the difference between front wheel drive and RWD unless pushing it which most don't.. they're afraid of "hurting" the car when reving the engine. 

I remember many years ago when I've just taken my DL and was driving a '95 Taurus V6 (130 HP) at the time. I think I had an accident or car was in for other repairs and I rented a 60 - 65 HP VW Polo.

The difference in driving was very, very noticable.

Tave

Nice. A 911 v S-Class, and a Taurus v Polo. Are there any other meaningless comparisons we'd like to get out of the way? How about my Aveo and the new F-150 Raptor?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

NomisR

Quote from: AltinD on November 15, 2009, 10:19:39 AM
I remember many years ago when I've just taken my DL and was driving a '95 Taurus V6 (130 HP) at the time. I think I had an accident or car was in for other repairs and I rented a 60 - 65 HP VW Polo.

The difference in driving was very, very noticable.

Sometimes, it's more the car than the drivetrain though. 

AltinD

Quote from: NomisR on November 17, 2009, 04:50:54 PM
Sometimes, it's more the car than the drivetrain though. 

Sometimes? ... That Taurus even with 300HP would still drive the same (more or less)