Hitler's history and heritage up for sale

Started by the Teuton, November 02, 2009, 03:49:29 PM

the Teuton

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/29/three-mercedes-benz-hitler-cars-on-sale-for-9-million-w-video/

Got $9,000,000 burning a hole in your pocket? If so, have we got an offer for you. Not one, not two, but three Mercedes-Benz G4 W-131 six-wheelers are up for grabs. Interesting, the cars have been appraised at $3.3 million each, so $9 million is basically a million dollars off! There is one catch, however. You're going to have to forever be explaining to people why you spend nine million bucks on three of Hitler's old cars.

Yes, that Hitler. Who, despite his innumerable faults, did in fact have great taste in cars. Not only did Der Fuhrer typically ride around in the oh-so-beautiful Mercedes-Benz 540K, but he instructed Ferdinand Porsche to go on and steal the Tatra T97 from the Czechs, turning the design into the Volkswagen Beetle. When Dr. Porsche voiced his concern about a Tatra lawsuit, Hitler reassured the good doctor that he'd "settle the matter," which Hitler did by invading Czechoslovakia. Curiously, good taste in cars seems to be a trait shared with other scumbag genocidal dictators -- Idi Amin owned seven Citroen SMs!

Fascinating finds, but I can't imagine someone would really want to own them besides Wimmer, that Nazi.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Pommes-T

'00 BMW 523i

cawimmer430

Let's be honest for a second here.

The Mercedes G4 looks fucking fantastic.  :rockon:

Almost makes me want to scream "Who invented the luxury SUV?" haha j/k  :tounge:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Pommes-T

Yeah, that one is cool. I have a book from Museum Sinsheim where they show how they've found and restored it. Really awesome!
'00 BMW 523i

omicron

FoMoJo

...visions of Adolf and Eva frolicking in the back seat :banghead:.

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

the Teuton

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 03, 2009, 09:45:34 AM
...visions of Adolf and Eva frolicking in the back seat :banghead:.

This is if you believe that Hitler wasn't a closet homosexual, of course.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

FoMoJo

Quote from: the Teuton on November 03, 2009, 10:39:24 AM
This is if you believe that Hitler wasn't a closet homosexual, of course.
I don't even believe that he was human :nutty:.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

AltinD

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD