Cars you hated, but now adore!

Started by 2o6, November 11, 2009, 03:07:32 PM

2o6

I originally thought it was bland and lazy. I thought it was a terrible hack of an A4 into a two-door coupe.

Seeing it in person, it's much more than that.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on November 18, 2009, 05:24:17 PM

I originally thought it was bland and lazy. I thought it was a terrible hack of an A4 into a two-door coupe.

Seeing it in person, it's much more than that.

Maybe your ugly car designs are the same way. You should build one of them and find out.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

2o6

The A/S5 is low and slinky. I love it.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT666

2o6

2o6

I like it. At first, I thought it was a pretentious and expensive edition to the already more expensive Passat. But, it's very attractive.

SVT32V

Quote from: MX793 on November 17, 2009, 08:05:55 PM

Nice job finding a professionally taken Mustang photo (of the highest end Mustang) vs an amateur photo of a used Celica with non-stock interior bits (hint, all US market cars had airbags in '94).  My uncle had a '94 or '95 Mustang at around the same time as my cousin had the Celica.  I spent time in both.  IMO, the Celica was a nicer place to be.  The plastics didn't have that semi-glossy appearance you see on Fisher-price playsets.

Hey great catch on the airbag except it is the top edition JP turbo version, I doubt the airbag would have made it look nicer.
There is nothing specific in the picture I provided that is not found on a loaded V6 model.  It is a direct comparison of the highest celica to the premium mustang interior.

Good job finding an ugly color combination on the SN-95, although that I prefer to the drab flat black monochrome plastic that looks straight off of recycled ancient atari gaming systems.

The mustang interior in 1994 was reasonable, in a 2004 cobra it was an abomination, although I would still rather have an '04 cobra than any similar year celica.

Hachee

Just shows you how your opinion can change after seeing a car in the metal, or even after seeing it on the road well after it's been out.

When I first saw photos of the A5, I did not like that flowing character line at all, and thought it was completely out of place on an Audi.  It really ruined it for me, especially since I especially love the roofline and C-pillar shape.  But after having seen the car now for a while, I can't believe how much I think it's unbelievably gorgeous.  Truly a car that I say "I want that" when I see it.

And while the CC is not nearly as beautiful, I do like it better than the first shots.  I thought it was a poorly executed version of the CLS idea.  Now when I see one, I really kind of like it.  I can see the appeal for a lot of people.

omicron

I'm still underwhelmed by the A5. It looks too much like what it is - a FWD coupe overcompensating for proportions that are inherently wrong.

2o6

Quote from: omicron on November 20, 2009, 05:28:32 AM
I'm still underwhelmed by the A5. It looks too much like what it is - a FWD coupe overcompensating for proportions that are inherently wrong.

Wrong? I don't understand why people think that a short front overhand is always good. I think that the right amount of front overhang can add balance to a design.

ChrisV

Quote from: 2o6 on November 20, 2009, 01:49:31 PM

Wrong? I don't understand why people think that a short front overhand is always good. I think that the right amount of front overhang can add balance to a design.

Considering the kinds of cars omi usually swoons over that have copious overhang f/r... ;)
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...