GTCC #730

Started by Eye of the Tiger, November 13, 2009, 11:23:03 PM

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on November 18, 2009, 05:32:10 PM
Let's just hope they do some badge innovating and turn some Fiat 500 Abarth's into Dodge Omni GLH's...

I just found out from my professor who has worked with them that the Pacifica assembly line was 26.5 miles long from start to finish.

I had no idea these factories were that big. And she hates unions, too. My business comm teacher is fucking awesome.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

68_427

That's not just ONE line.  There were probably a dozen lines that summed up to be 26 miles.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

SVT_Power

Quote from: the Teuton on November 18, 2009, 07:25:45 PM
I just found out from my professor who has worked with them that the Pacifica assembly line was 26.5 miles long from start to finish.

I had no idea these factories were that big. And she hates unions, too. My business comm teacher is fucking awesome.

You ever drive by these huge car factories? They're like half a city block mang
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

ifcar

Quote from: SVT_Power on November 18, 2009, 09:34:07 PM
You ever drive by these huge car factories? They're like half a city block mang

Half a block? They're like a city.

the Teuton

Well, there's always a Local Motors microfactory, right?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Byteme

Quote from: the Teuton on November 18, 2009, 07:25:45 PM

That had to be all the sub assembly lines being summed and added to the final assembly line.

Auto assembly plants are huge.  If you ever get a chance do tour one.  I've been to the Corvette plant and the Rouge Ford Truck assembly plant; I'd do another in a heartbeat.  And remember all that building typically contains is the assembly line and parts inventories.  All the components like seats, dashboards, engines, etc. are usually made elsewhere, often several states away.