Top Gear: BMW 760Li vs Mercedes S63 AMG

Started by cawimmer430, November 16, 2009, 07:55:44 AM

Tave

Quote from: MrH on November 19, 2009, 04:54:52 PM
You responded directly after my post, saying they don't make anywhere near the same amount of power.  You didn't quote anyone else.  There were no posts between that post, and your previous one that related to anyone else but me.  The only thing said between that and your previous post was mine, and Col. Caddy saying the S63 probably handles better.

Who were you talking to then?

I was building on the argument that I had made previously. Read my edit. And make a real argument if you want to continue this inane conversation. I have given you mountains of evidence to support my position, while you have done JACK SHIT in return. It's good you know abstract engineering principles. Yay for you. Now apply them to the case at hand.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

MrH

So it was just completely coincidence it was related to my post, was directly after it, and there were no previous posts that it could have gone with since your last post?

If you're going to say things like they don't make anywhere near the same amount of power, and that torque is essentially the same thing as power, expect to be chastised on a car forum.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Tave

Quote from: MrH on November 19, 2009, 05:02:29 PM
So it was just completely coincidence it was related to my post, was directly after it, and there were no previous posts that it could have gone with since your last post?

No, I told you, I roped your post into the general argument I was making that the 600 was not wanting for power.

Underpowered and Spinning Wheels---Isn't there a vague connection between those topics?

But as a side point, yes, I do believe the 600 would spin its tires more or as easily as the 63.

You scoffed at the idea.

QuoteIf you're going to say things like they don't make anywhere near the same amount of power, and that torque is essentially the same thing as power, expect to be chastised on a car forum.

Lol

The 600 is the more powerful car. Sorry bud. You should've checked the (obvious) facts before you started trying to rationalize the situation.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

MrH

It's not guaranteed the S600 would spin it tires more easily.  That was the whole debate.  I already said why.  Cougs agreed.  Sporty agreed too.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Tave

Quote from: MrH on November 19, 2009, 05:20:59 PM
Cougs agreed.

Without reading any of the thread. His tone changed drastically once I pointed him towards the dyno charts and performance numbers I supplied. He threw out a couple long-shots after that, but nothing that really contradicted anything I said.

QuoteSporty agreed too.

No he didn't. He said (I'm paraphrasing), "Good point, but I think you are wrong."

TBR

Can we stop arguing about this? I really don't see the point. It was absolutely awesome cinematography, and I thought both cars sent up a sufficient amount of tire smoke. I just wish I could find a pic because I'd use it as my desktop

Tave

MrH

Ah, of course you're done, you got the last word in. :evildude:

I wouldn't say that's what Sporty said.  I don't know why you're even trying to argue with me.  You said that the S600 is more powerful.  All I argued was that torque does not equal power, which you keep wanting to brush aside because you clearly don't understand the concept of power and torque and how they relate.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

GoCougs

Are you really going to make me graph thrust force vs. road speed for each car there Tave?