If you could have two cars...

Started by Vinsanity, November 22, 2009, 06:52:11 PM

Rupert

Hmm, I hope I can test drive them first.

Explorer :lol: /gen 1 Range Rover/Defender 110/big old Land Cruiser/older 4Runner
911SC/Alfa/Austin-Healey/S2000/944 Turbo/gen 1 RX-7
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

280Z Turbo

Eye of the Tiger

The fuck is with all the Range Rovers? :facepalm:

Rodeo

A new Swift

S2000
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

ChrisV

Quote from: NACar on November 28, 2009, 10:43:37 PM
The fuck is with all the Range Rovers? :facepalm:

They work well on and offroad, tow well, are comfortable, and look good. I love mine.

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: ChrisV on November 29, 2009, 11:24:26 AM
They work well on and offroad, tow well, are comfortable, and look good. I love mine.

That's great, but Rodeos are better.

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

ChrisV

Quote from: NACar on November 29, 2009, 11:34:43 AM
That's great, but Rodeos are better.

For what, exactly? They aren't as good offroad, they don't tow as much, and aren't as comfortable. And when discussing the RR Sport, they are definitely not as quick.

CALL_911

Quote from: ChrisV on November 29, 2009, 11:42:51 AM
For what, exactly? They aren't as good offroad, they don't tow as much, and aren't as comfortable. And when discussing the RR Sport, they are definitely not as quick.

He's kidding.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Eye of the Tiger

Not as good offroad? Bullshit x10, and I can only imagine that the Rodeo handles and rides better on the road. It can town 4500 lbs, which probably isn't as much as a some giant V8 thing that weighs twice as much. I'm sure it gets better gas mileage when it's not towing, which is by far the majority of the time. Comfort is subjective, and Rodeo is not at all uncomfortable. And the RR Sport, for something with nearly 400 hp, is hardly that much quicker.

Tave

swift
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Tave on November 29, 2009, 11:51:47 AM
swift

You know, if I made a Rodeo Sport, supercharged and slammed on 22 inch chrome rims, I bet it would be way faster than a RR Sport.

the Teuton

Rodeo Sport, as brought to you by Ifcar:

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on November 29, 2009, 12:06:06 PM
Rodeo Sport, as brought to you by Ifcar:

So I'll call mine the Super Sport. Doesn't matter, ChrisV totally lost this one.

ChrisV

Quote from: NACar on November 29, 2009, 11:51:05 AM
Not as good offroad? Bullshit x10,

Which is whaty there are so many Rodeo offroad clubs, and they are so popular with the offroaders, right. STFU, bitch. ;)

Quoteand I can only imagine that the Rodeo handles and rides better on the road.

Nope. Not even (though the RRs with the Old Man Emu coil spring conversions can get a bit bouncy, but stockers, like mine, ride considerably better, and the newer ones, as we are discussing in this thread, are sublime)

QuoteIt can town 4500 lbs, which probably isn't as much as a some giant V8 thing that weighs twice as much.

Mine is rated for 6000 lbs offroad towing, and much more on-road. it has a much better frame and the automatic load leveling makes for a very smooth, even towing experience. And again, the new ones are even better.

QuoteI'm sure it gets better gas mileage when it's not towing, which is by far the majority of the time.

But, in neither case are we discussing them being only drivers or dialy drvers, as for teh purposes of this thread (and in reallife for those of us that always own more than one car) what the TRUCK gets for mileage is completely unimportant. Be that as it may, mine gets 16 mpg towing and 18 mpg at 80 mph not-towing, as I got on the last trip to NH and back. The newer ones, in real world use, do a bit better. In fact, the V6 Rodeos did no better for fuel mileage, and the 4 cyls, that DID get slightly better fuel mileage (20 vs 17) had about 130 hp, and couldn't tow their way out of a wet paper bag.

QuoteComfort is subjective, and Rodeo is not at all uncomfortable.

Never said it was uncomfortable. Just that the Rangie, by it's very nature, is MORE comfortable. it IS a luxury vehcile, after all. The new one is VERY comfortable.

QuoteAnd the RR Sport, for something with nearly 400 hp, is hardly that much quicker.

Actually, the new one, which is what this thread is talking about, is over 500 hp. And a damn sight quicker and faster than the Hondasuzu Passpodeo. But even my old non-supercharged one is plenty quick. the V6 Passpodeos were slower than my current Rangie, (at the same fuel mileage) and the 4 cyl ones could be outaccelerated by small children on bicycles.

At least the Passpodeos were no more reliable that Rangies, with many electrical gremlins and plastics that fell apart easy, so you have that going for you.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: ChrisV on November 29, 2009, 12:46:49 PM

Which is whaty there are so many Rodeo offroad clubs, and they are so popular with the offroaders, right. STFU, bitch. ;)

Clubs are for suckers

Nope. Not even (though the RRs with the Old Man Emu coil spring conversions can get a bit bouncy, but stockers, like mine, ride considerably better, and the newer ones, as we are discussing in this thread, are sublime)

It's like comparing a sports car to a school bus. Sure, a Rodeo can't carry as many passengers, but c'mon

Mine is rated for 6000 lbs offroad towing, and much more on-road. it has a much better frame and the automatic load leveling makes for a very smooth, even towing experience. And again, the new ones are even better.

Fine, you win the towing contest with your big fat truck. The Rodeo barely weighs two tons.

But, in neither case are we discussing them being only drivers or dialy drvers, as for teh purposes of this thread (and in reallife for those of us that always own more than one car) what the TRUCK gets for mileage is completely unimportant. Be that as it may, mine gets 16 mpg towing and 18 mpg at 80 mph not-towing, as I got on the last trip to NH and back. The newer ones, in real world use, do a bit better. In fact, the V6 Rodeos did no better for fuel mileage, and the 4 cyls, that DID get slightly better fuel mileage (20 vs 17) had about 130 hp, and couldn't tow their way out of a wet paper bag.

My Rodeo gets low to mid 20's MPG, so shut up, bitch. V6 Rodeos can do 0-60 in about 8 seconds flat, all while making some amazing V6 sounds.

Never said it was uncomfortable. Just that the Rangie, by it's very nature, is MORE comfortable. it IS a luxury vehcile, after all. The new one is VERY comfortable.

But it isn't more comfortable, which is pretty sad, since, as you pointed out, it is supposed to be a luxury vehicle.

Actually, the new one, which is what this thread is talking about, is over 500 hp. And a damn sight quicker and faster than the Hondasuzu Passpodeo. But even my old non-supercharged one is plenty quick. the V6 Passpodeos were slower than my current Rangie, (at the same fuel mileage) and the 4 cyl ones could be outaccelerated by small children on bicycles.

Like I said, put a supercharger and some 22 inch rims on a Rodeo, and it will kick some RR Sport ass.

At least the Passpodeos were no more reliable that Rangies, with many electrical gremlins and plastics that fell apart easy, so you have that going for you.

Reliablity aside, they are cheaper and easier to service. No special British tools required, thank you.

hotrodalex

Tave

Quote from: ChrisV on November 29, 2009, 12:46:49 PM

swift
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

omicron

An E39 530i Sport, and something American for the weekends. Eldorado? Grand Prix? GT Hawk? Mustang?

ChrisV

Quote from: hotrodalex on November 29, 2009, 07:03:12 PM
You two have it all wrong.

It's the reverse mullet car: business in back, party in the front!

Love El Caminos and Rancheros. The '69 El Camino's my favorite of the GM versions, and the '64-5 Falcon Ranchero is my favorite of the Ford version. But the torino versions aren't too shabby, either...

Raza

I actually thought a lot about this.  I'm going with:

Porsche 911 C2S
Lotus Elise
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Colonel Cadillac

:rockon: I want to have the best of both worlds, a sick track car, and an amazing off-roader (that can do everything else, like haul stuff).

hotrodalex

Quote from: ChrisV on November 30, 2009, 09:36:17 AM
It's the reverse mullet car: business in back, party in the front!

Love El Caminos and Rancheros. The '69 El Camino's my favorite of the GM versions, and the '64-5 Falcon Ranchero is my favorite of the Ford version. But the torino versions aren't too shabby, either...

My dad might end up with a '65 Ranchero, Falcon, or Falcon wagon. He loves all the body styles of that car.

ChrisV

Quote from: hotrodalex on November 30, 2009, 04:52:34 PM
My dad might end up with a '65 Ranchero, Falcon, or Falcon wagon. He loves all the body styles of that car.

Cool! While I'm more into the round body Falcons, my dad used to have a '65 Squire wagon, and it's still one of my favorite station wagons. Would love to have one with a fuel injected 302/5 speed combo, lowered a bit over some torque thrust wheels. Real traditional looking, but just cool.

Well, I can't find any pics of custom '64-65 Falcon Squire wagons. Custom roundbody wagons, custom standard wagons, and stock Falcon Squire wagons, but no custom ones. Hmm.

And another Ranchero I just found while looking for the wagon:

Wow, heading WAAAY of topic... hehehehehe!

nickdrinkwater

93JC

We have Cadillac Escalades for that.

Rupert

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on December 01, 2009, 02:49:18 PM
Exactly.  New money.

Is the image of the non-Sports better? They seem more traditional British, at least the older ones.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

SVT666

hotrodalex

Quote from: ChrisV on December 01, 2009, 01:21:55 PM
Cool! While I'm more into the round body Falcons, my dad used to have a '65 Squire wagon, and it's still one of my favorite station wagons. Would love to have one with a fuel injected 302/5 speed combo, lowered a bit over some torque thrust wheels. Real traditional looking, but just cool.

Well, I can't find any pics of custom '64-65 Falcon Squire wagons. Custom roundbody wagons, custom standard wagons, and stock Falcon Squire wagons, but no custom ones. Hmm.

And another Ranchero I just found while looking for the wagon:

Wow, heading WAAAY of topic... hehehehehe!

I'm not sure what my dad would do with it. I know he would have a Mexican blanket over the bench seat but that's about it. :lol: He would probably keep it mostly stock looking but clean it up a little (paint, wheels, some suspension work/lowering).