Ford Fiesta!

Started by 2o6, November 27, 2009, 12:23:57 PM

Raza

Quote from: WookieOnRitalin on April 28, 2010, 09:50:25 PM
:love:

It is too bad the best looking vehicle ever built has only a rotary engine. I heart the RX8. It's just so damn beautiful. A true work of art. And I splooged.

Best looking vehicle ever?  Really?  Have you seen other cars?  Dino 246?  Lamborghini Miura?  Ferrari 250GT California?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

WookieOnRitalin

Quote from: Raza  on April 29, 2010, 07:15:10 AM
Best looking vehicle ever?  Really?  Have you seen other cars?  Dino 246?  Lamborghini Miura?  Ferrari 250GT California?

I concede. I have no fascination to those particular cars, but for a car under 30k, the RX-8 is just gorgeous, but I should refrain from absolutes.

1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

SVT666

Quote from: sportyaccordy on April 29, 2010, 06:03:01 AM
Yea that's crazy. You could damn near get 2 recent Focuses for that. These Fiestas don't even have Ecoboost...
Yeah, but have you seen the interior?

SVT666

To get a Fiesta loaded to the nuts including leather and moonroof brought the price to $21,849 CDN.  Leather is only $300.  To get a loaded Focus is only $900 more, but the Fiesta is nicer in every way except interior volume.

MX793

Quote from: SVT666 on April 29, 2010, 09:12:44 AM
To get a Fiesta loaded to the nuts including leather and moonroof brought the price to $21,849 CDN.  Leather is only $300.  To get a loaded Focus is only $900 more, but the Fiesta is nicer in every way except interior volume.

Once North America starts getting the new Focus (instead of the rehashed MkI C170 model we've been getting), the price gap between the Fiesta and Focus will likely grow considerably.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Nethead

Despite the ominous "Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
" I will confront the dire retribution the carSPIN zombies inflict upon those who dare to continue after contemplating the dark, foreboding catastrophe that befalls those who choose not to heed the dread admonishment rendered therein.  I will release the curse that sleeps within the long-forgotten thread, and lock in mortal combat that Demon of the Deadthread that doth seek to drink my lifeblood and rip my sorry carcass asunder.  So kiss my woebegone ass, Grim Reaper--the seal of doom is broken and the deadthread stalks the world (wide web) again! Tally ho!!!                      Whatever.

Ford Fiesta transaction prices higher than current Focus, Civic and Corolla
by Chris Shunk (RSS feed) on Oct 6th 2010 at 11:01 AM

With 3,050 September sales in North America, the Ford Fiesta is just now beginning to move off dealer lots. And while it's far too early to declare The Blue Oval's premium subcompact a success or failure, the folks in Dearborn have to be pleased with one crucial statistic. Car buyers driving off the dealer lot in a new Fiesta are paying a substantial premium over the handsome runt's $13,999 base price.

Bloomberg reports that the average transaction price of a Fiesta is between $3,000 and $4,000 beyond the base MSRP, or more money than customers are paying for the larger (and soon-to-depart) Ford Focus. Given the fact that the Fiesta is newer, fresher, and more heavily marketed than the Focus, we're not all that surprised, but perhaps more shocking is the fact that the Fiesta also has a higher average transaction price than the Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic ? both of which are class-above vehicles.

That the Fiesta is selling for premium dollar is no big surprise to Ford, as the automaker decided early on to equip the B-Segment seedling with the same top tech that is typically found in larger, more expensive fare. It helps that Ford has already experienced plenty of Fiesta success in other parts of the world, with 940,000 copies already sold to date. And in those other markets, Ford has achieved strikingly similar model mixes as what is being indicated early on in the States. The top trim Fiesta accounts for 39 percent of U.S. sales, compared to a 42 percent mix in Europe, which accounts for 85 percent of global sales.

Ford is also attracting younger, more affluent customers with an impressive 60 percent buying a Ford product for the first time. We're thinking the early returns are just about everything Dearborn was hoping for save perhaps for total volume, so we'll hold off our praise until we see if Fiesta's overall sales numbers climb now that supply issues have been sorted.

So many stairs...so little time...