Ford Fiesta!

Started by 2o6, November 27, 2009, 12:23:57 PM

2o6

Quote from: Catman on December 01, 2009, 02:30:53 PM
Not seeing the big issue with the sedan. :huh:

It has a really big butt.

However, every subcompact hatch translated to sedan looks awkward.

2o6

Minpin

Why does the center console look like an Alien to me?
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

the Teuton

The radio controls are a bit of a reach for shorter-armed folks like myself, but you really don't have to take your eyes off the road at all.

It's hard to believe that so much of the new Fiesta is exclusive to the US market. The US and Euro Fiestas look almost identical, sans small details.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

CALL_911

The interior looks great, as does the hatchback.

The sedan, not so much.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

SVT666

The sedan looks fine in those pictures, but the hatch looks awesome.

the Teuton

If I'm still working at Enterprise when they come in, I can't wait to test drive the USDM model.

Oh hell, I might just go to a Ford dealer and do it anyway.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

omicron

Byteme

Quote from: Payman on November 27, 2009, 06:14:55 PM
What in tarnation is with the 2 foot long headlights on small cars?

Headlight assemblies are getting stupidly large and garish, as are tail lights, IMHO. And wait until you break one, the cost will be outlandish.  Sure the insurance company is likely paying the bill, but your rates are in part based on the cost of repairing the car.

What this car needs is a convertible variant.

FoMoJo

A Little more info here.

The American version of the Fiesta will feature a 1.6-liter inline four-cylinder engine and Ford's new Powerstroke six-speed automatic transmission, the first subcompact in the United States to feature a six-speed transmission. It will be filled with lots of high-tech features and an interior worthy of many midsize sedans. It will include Ford's Sync infotainment system and voice-activated hands-free phone system, optional leather seats, ambient lighting and other high-tech features.

I like the idea of the 6 spd. auto and the ambient lighting.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

TBR

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 02, 2009, 07:22:10 AM
A Little more info here.

The American version of the Fiesta will feature a 1.6-liter inline four-cylinder engine and Ford's new Powerstroke six-speed automatic transmission, the first subcompact in the United States to feature a six-speed transmission. It will be filled with lots of high-tech features and an interior worthy of many midsize sedans. It will include Ford's Sync infotainment system and voice-activated hands-free phone system, optional leather seats, ambient lighting and other high-tech features.

I like the idea of the 6 spd. auto and the ambient lighting.

It's actually a DSG-type box (sans manual option though), not a typical 6AT.

FoMoJo

Quote from: TBR on December 02, 2009, 09:08:19 AM
It's actually a DSG-type box (sans manual option though), not a typical 6AT.
It seems they got the names wrong as well.  It should be PowerShift.

optional 6-speed dual-clutch gearbox. Dubbed PowerShift, Ford's new dual-clutch transmission behaves much the same as a conventional automatic transmission, but Ford says it weighs less than a 4-speed auto, and helps increase fuel economy by about nine percent.

...even better :ohyeah:.

TBR

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 02, 2009, 09:36:29 AM
It seems they got the names wrong as well.  It should be PowerShift.

optional 6-speed dual-clutch gearbox. Dubbed PowerShift, Ford's new dual-clutch transmission behaves much the same as a conventional automatic transmission, but Ford says it weighs less than a 4-speed auto, and helps increase fuel economy by about nine percent.

...even better :ohyeah:.

Yeah, the Powerstroke name would be more than a little confusing, especially once they start offering a similar transmission on their SD trucks (a great application for them imho).

Tave

The Versa also came/comes with a 6-speed.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Tave on December 02, 2009, 11:12:35 AM
The Versa also came/comes with a 6-speed.
6-speed automatic?  I thought they had a CVT or 4 speed.

68_427

Sedan looks like shit.  Give me a Cruze.  (I know the Cruze is bigger but Chevy is also saying 40mpg "HWY")
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Catman

The dash doesn't feel right, should be softer.

Eye of the Tiger

It's sad that the DCT only offers PRNDL with no manual shift options. But damn, the fuel economy numbers are amazing; 40 mpg is Swift territory!
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CALL_911

Quote from: Madman on December 01, 2009, 08:28:03 AM

I'm not fond of the red markings on the buttons.  Seems to me this would be harder on the eyes at night.  Red should only be used for warning indicators and such.

It's definitely not. I vastly prefer red to green.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

MX793

Quote from: Madman on December 01, 2009, 08:28:03 AM

Look up "awkward" in the dictionary and I guarantee you will see this picture.  Sedans made from hatches seldom look very attractive and this one looks worse than most.  Anyone choosing this lard-arsed abomination over the hatch needs some form of psychotherapy.

Ahhh, now that's what I'm talking about.  Get rid of that obnoxious piece of tinfoil on the bumper and it doesn't look half bad!

I'm not fond of the red markings on the buttons.  Seems to me this would be harder on the eyes at night.  Red should only be used for warning indicators and such.

Aero kit looks pretty sharp!

Cheers,
Madman of the People

Red is actually much much better for your eyes at night.  It is in fact the best color of light for preserving your night vision.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

the Teuton

Quote from: Catman on December 02, 2009, 07:26:38 PM
The dash doesn't feel right, should be softer.

Have you stroked a Fiesta dash lately?

I have.

MX793

I was reading on C&D that there would also be a coupe version for the US market as well (but no 3-door hatch).  Anybody seen any pictures of this reported 2-door model?  Thus far, I've only seen the sedan and 5 door photos of the US-spec model.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

2o6

Quote from: MX793 on December 02, 2009, 08:56:47 PM
I was reading on C&D that there would also be a coupe version for the US market as well (but no 3-door hatch).  Anybody seen any pictures of this reported 2-door model?  Thus far, I've only seen the sedan and 5 door photos of the US-spec model.

Possibly a new Puma?

There haven't been any spy shots..........a coupe would be kinda stupid.

Minpin

They don't make submarine con rooms red for no reason.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Tave

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 02, 2009, 12:28:49 PM
6-speed automatic?  I thought they had a CVT or 4 speed.

My bad, 6-speed stick.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Catman

Quote from: the Teuton on December 02, 2009, 08:53:04 PM
Have you stroked a Fiesta dash lately?

I have.

I just need to see the pictures. :evildude:

2o6

I don't understand why the Sedan is cheaper than the hatch. I will never get it.

The base S sedan starts at 13,320. The lowest level hatch starts at $15,120.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/03/2011-ford-fiesta-pricing-sedan-hatchback/

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on December 03, 2009, 03:40:55 PM
I don't understand why the Sedan is cheaper than the hatch. I will never get it.

The base S sedan starts at 13,320. The lowest level hatch starts at $15,120.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/03/2011-ford-fiesta-pricing-sedan-hatchback/

I thought we were just getting a coupe and sedan with no hatch.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)