Pictures of my new car

Started by Onslaught, December 01, 2009, 08:56:57 PM

FoMoJo

Great looking car :ohyeah:.  I really like the seats.  Congratulations.

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

VTEC_Inside

Nice...

Re: The fuse. I know for a fact that Honda doesn't always put them all in at the factory, but rather throws a few in the glovebox to be installed at the dealer during the PDI.

So its probably just something they missed when going over your RX-8.
Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...

r0tor

Mazda does the same thing... when I first drove my car (basically right off the delivery truck) pretty much nothing in the interior worked as none of the fuses were in.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

ChrisV

Happy car is happy...

Beautiful color! Congrats on a very nice ride!
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Vinsanity

Quote from: ChrisV on December 02, 2009, 09:50:58 AM
Happy car is happy...

HA...whenever I see the front of a new Mazda 3 on the road, I picture that caption floating above the car. Black-outlined white impact font and everything.

NomisR

Grats on the car..

be sure to get a bottle of dino juice to strap in your trunk.. you can make the straps for fix a flat kit longer and the dino juice bottle straps right in there.. you'll eventually need it.

Onslaught

I saved up so many parts for the original style RX-8 that I could build one up for free if it was hit in the front or left side. I'm enjoying this one so much that I'm going to start looking for one like that and turn it into a track car. I think that would be fun.

Awesome car. :ohyeah:

Plus I love how MX is still pondering about the car and you just go out and buy it.  Yah for decisiveness.  :clap:

Onslaught

Quote from: 565 on December 02, 2009, 03:16:05 PM
Awesome car. :ohyeah:

Plus I love how MX is still pondering about the car and you just go out and buy it.  Yah for decisiveness.  :clap:
Getting a 33K car for 26K and payments less than $360 a month after my down payment kind of helped with the decisiveness.
That and finding out the sale ended at the end of Nov forced me to jump. But I'm glad I did.

cawimmer430

Congrats.  :cheers:

See you at the gas station.  :devil:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Tave

Sweet ride. I'm jealous, the RX8 has been the car in it's class I would have bought in the last few years if I had any money. :lol:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Tave

Now all you need to do is find that unmolested FD and your stable will be complete! :rockon:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Onslaught

Quote from: Tave on December 02, 2009, 06:28:45 PM
Now all you need to do is find that unmolested FD and your stable will be complete! :rockon:
That will happen one day.

I'd like a FC Turbo II and FB GSL-SE too.

2o6

Raza

Love the color.

Do they all come with that spoiler?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

Looks very, very nice. 

And a hell of a deal you got, too. 

Congratulations.  :cheers:
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Onslaught

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=20620.msg1216143#msg1216143 date=1259809652
Love the color.

Do they all come with that spoiler?
All the R3's do. I kind of like them without a spoiler but I wanted that model so I had to have one.

the Teuton

Quote from: Onslaught on December 02, 2009, 01:37:50 PM
I saved up so many parts for the original style RX-8 that I could build one up for free if it was hit in the front or left side. I'm enjoying this one so much that I'm going to start looking for one like that and turn it into a track car. I think that would be fun.

Two Wankel turbo! :rockon:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Nethead

Onslaught:  Damned nice-looking vehicle!  Ya did good!! :cheers:
So many stairs...so little time...

nickdrinkwater

Congrats.  Would love an RX-8 if the lotto numbers came up.  Great colour too.

Raza

Quote from: Onslaught on December 03, 2009, 05:02:38 AM
All the R3's do. I kind of like them without a spoiler but I wanted that model so I had to have one.

Any chance of a clean removal?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

J86

The Pirate

Quote from: Raza  on December 03, 2009, 11:48:17 AM

It's always possible to have a clean removal.  Some just require more work than others.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TBR

He could always just get a truck lid from a non-R3 and paint it.  I actually like the spoiler though.

Onslaught

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=20620.msg1216520#msg1216520 date=1259866097
Could I do it? Yes
Would it be easy? Not really.

I'd need a deck lid from one without holes unless I wanted to try and patch up this one. Then I'd have to paint it and blend the quarters and bumpers for it to match. Painting my brand new car isn't something that I'd want to do. I'd also have to buy all the Mazda emblems because you can't really take them off and put them back on. I'd also have to take the clear rock guards off the quarter panels and get new ones and they are expensive. Not that a deck lid would be cheap. They're also hard as hell to put back on right without fingerprints getting on them.

I like them without spoilers but not that much.

Gotta-Qik-C7

I love those wheels! Nice ride!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Xer0

I could say a bunch of words but Ill just leave it at a simple

:ohyeah:

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Onslaught on December 02, 2009, 03:24:54 PM
Getting a 33K car for 26K and payments less than $360 a month after my down payment kind of helped with the decisiveness.
That and finding out the sale ended at the end of Nov forced me to jump. But I'm glad I did.

Reminds me of my Evo IX, god i miss that car.

I give any carspin member permission to slap me once(full force open hand) if they ever meet me in person for selling that EVO.

Back to the topic, congrats it is a very nice car and a hell of a deal.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on December 03, 2009, 08:13:24 PM
Reminds me of my Evo IX, god i miss that car.

I give any carspin member permission to slap me once(full force open hand) if they ever meet me in person for selling that EVO.

Back to the topic, congrats it is a very nice car and a hell of a deal.

I miss my Evo VIII. Why did I ever sell it?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)