CRZ photos leaked

Started by nickdrinkwater, December 08, 2009, 12:06:15 PM

sportyaccordy

Car sucks, just like Honda in 2010

Rich

I want one.  Not enough to add it to the list yet, but I'm definitaly going to check one out
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Payman

Looks wicked cool... what I'd expect a 2011 CRX to look like. I hope they make a 195 hp Si option.

Raza

Quote from: NomisR on December 08, 2009, 04:05:01 PM
Isn't that pretty much the same thing?  It's intention wasn't to have a slow ass lugging engine like rest of the hybrids.

It wasn't sporty, it was fast.  Those are two different things.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Xer0

The first awesome looking Honda in God knows how long and its saddled with a lazy powertrain...great.

NomisR

Quote from: Raza  on December 09, 2009, 07:14:15 AM
It wasn't sporty, it was fast.  Those are two different things.

Mustang was considered "sporty"  :huh:

But Honda's tried the IMA with the now defunct HSC, so they at least know how to do it correctly.. the problem is, whether or not they will.

Byteme

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on December 08, 2009, 12:06:15 PM

Wow.  This car just redefined the words "ugly" and "Bizzare" in one sitting. 

Vinsanity

I'm having warm fuzzy feelings picturing how cool this car would be if it was built on the AP2 chassis.

nickdrinkwater

Official pics out

Kinda like it myself.

SVT666

That is a sexy car, but it need a high strung 4 banger.

FoMoJo

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on December 08, 2009, 02:02:31 PM
I thought the GM and Chrysler Hybrids weren't proper hybrids...can anyone explain?

This is the best explaination I've heard...Mild hybrids are essentially conventional fossil-fuel vehicles with oversized starter motors, allowing the engine to be turned off whenever the car is coasting, braking, or stopped, yet restart quickly. It includes regenerative brake and electric support drive, but mild hybrids do not have an exclusive electric-only mode.

There is a further explanation at the link...mild hybrids

Some would consider that Honda also uses a mild hybrid but their Starter/Generator is integrated into the fly-wheel and coupled to an CVT.  However, it is not capable of running on the 'electric motor' alone.  GM mild hybrids use a starter/generator that is belt driven.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Raza

It looks like the first generation Insight.  I like it.  Shame about the 'train though.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

2o6

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=20675.msg1241091#msg1241091 date=1263242601
It looks like the first generation Insight.  I like it.  Shame about the 'train though.

It could be interesting, the electric drivetrain providing instant torque down low.

However, I question the advantage since it adds weight. I don't understand why they couldn't tune the Fit's 116HP 1.5L for a few more HP.

Looks nice, though.

SVT666

Quote from: 2o6 on January 11, 2010, 01:51:31 PM

It could be interesting, the electric drivetrain providing instant torque down low.

No noise = FAIL

2o6

Are these seats, or what? If these are storage bins, then why did they remove the rear seats? And if they removed the rear seats, why does the thing even fold, and what is with the cup holder?

CJ

I hate it.  It's very ugly, and if it's like any new Honda, it won't be built that well and it'll have nasty interior materials.

2o6

Quote from: CJ on January 11, 2010, 02:37:11 PM
I hate it.  It's very ugly, and if it's like any new Honda, it won't be built that well and it'll have nasty interior materials.

Don't let one lemon spoil your fun. It makes you sound uneducated.

CJ

Quote from: 2o6 on January 11, 2010, 02:38:12 PM

Don't let one lemon spoil your fun. It makes you sound uneducated.

The new Pilot isn't built very well and the materials are pretty crappy.  The CR-V has pretty crummy materials, too.  The Civic...well, it's their high point.  The Accord doesn't have great materials after seeing how they're wearing in my grandfather's Accord after 60k miles.  The Insight..God...don't even get me started.  It's nasty inside and the seats are by far the most uncomfortable seats I've ever sat in.  I rode in an Insight this summer and my back was hurting by the time we finished the test drive.  Odyssey?  I like the steering wheel.  What else does Honda have?  Fit?  Not bad since it's not built in America.  Their problems lie within the Marysville, OH factory.  The cars built in America are shit.

2o6

VTEC_Inside

Quote from: BimmerM3 on December 08, 2009, 04:56:06 PM
The Accord hybrid had the V6 and the electric motor and thus was faster than the standard V6. It was the first hybrid that was performance oriented rather than economy oriented.

Having had the chance to thoroughly thrash the shit out an Accord Hybrid for a day I can say that it was quite a riot.

There was no contest in power compared to the normal V6. I beat the ever loving snot out of that car and still managed 9L/100kms fuel mileage.

My only complaint driving that car was a slight stumble in initial power delivery when transitioning from brake, with idle stop active, to gas on slight inclines.
Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...

VTEC_Inside

I don't think the CR-Z with its current drive train belongs in the Fast Lane.

Given its weight and power numbers I expect it to be only marginally quicker than a Civic (non-Si) coupe.

Handling is up for debate as well as it uses a torsion beam rear end.

The deletion of the rear seats for the North America model is the ultimate in stupidity though. Sure no one is gonna want to be back there for long, but it'd be nice if they included the cushions on those frames like they do in Japan.

Laconian

Oh the humanity.

It's 31 MPG city, 37 MPG highway, and 33 MPG combined. With the stick.
CVT is 36/38/37 MPG.

This thing is both slow AND thirsty. Where is the upside to all of this?

Honda has lost the plot.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

68_427

Ugly.  and...

Quote from: Laconian on January 11, 2010, 04:29:45 PM

Honda has lost the plot.

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

VTEC_Inside

Oh the humanity.

CVT is 36/38/37 MPG.

Honda has lost the plot.

If the Insight is any indication, real world numbers are a fair bit higher.

Raza

Oh the humanity.

CVT is 36/38/37 MPG.

Honda has lost the plot.

Haha...not even 20% better fuel economy than my Jetta.  I'll keep my turbo dinosaur fueled engine.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

the Teuton

Where a CRX HF-like numbers?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

CALL_911

This thing's retarded.

K20 please.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

FlatBlackCaddy

anyone see the overhang on this thing.

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

FlatBlackCaddy