Raza

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on January 11, 2010, 07:44:35 PM
anyone see the overhang on this thing.

Oh wow...it looks terrible in profile.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FlatBlackCaddy

I bet this goes over as well as the new insight.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=20675.msg1241418#msg1241418 date=1263264347
Oh wow...it looks terrible in profile.

Terrible?

You're so kind, you must be having a good day.

It looks like a steaming pile of dog vomit.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

the Teuton

For reference, here's the concept and what I assume will be the nose for the JDM model. That USDM model is atrocious.

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

FlatBlackCaddy

Why would the JDM car have less of an overhang?

The motor has to go somewhere. Doesn't it?

CJ

It simply looks atrocious. 

the Teuton

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on January 11, 2010, 07:48:58 PM
Why would the JDM car have less of an overhang?

The motor has to go somewhere. Doesn't it?

The Japanese don't have 5 mph bumpers. Their bumper beams are the size of coat hangers. Check their Fit versus our Fit for proof.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Laconian

The Japanese are simply too polite to crash into others.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

FlatBlackCaddy

Not all of our US market cars have such a horrible overhang, so it can't just be because of our bumper laws.

Either way, JDM, AUDM, EUDM, FMDM, KRSWM it doesn't matter.

THIS car looks like ass.

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

FlatBlackCaddy

Honda is falling behind, they better get back to business.

Look at the crap they are releasing.

Where is the performance, where is the DI engines, where is the DCT, what the hell is going on here.

The focus is coming with all this and more, isn't honda supposed to be hip and trendy. Where is their version of a sync system or other personal electronics integrations system. Once again, where is the engine tech(DI, Small displacement turbo's, DCT, etc).

the Teuton

I really liked the $19k Civic I drove the other day with hubcaps...

FlatBlackCaddy

All civics should come with steelies standard and a coupon for 100 dollars off a set of rota's.

Catman

2o6

I saw that, too. Quite gruesome. It manages to look good in 3/4 view, though.

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on January 11, 2010, 07:53:56 PM
Not all of our US market cars have such a horrible overhang, so it can't just be because of our bumper laws.

Either way, JDM, AUDM, EUDM, FMDM, KRSWM it doesn't matter.

THIS car looks like ass.

On small cars, it's more noticeable. Seemingly all subcompacts have to be revised for the US market.

EU/JDM Fit vs US Fit.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FlatBlackCaddy

LMAO

CR-Y, sums it up nicely.

the Teuton

VTEC_Inside

Quote from: the Teuton on January 11, 2010, 07:44:42 PM
Bring back the RSX.

Its been confirmed that there is a new entry level Acura on the way. No real details other than that though.

In any case, I'm sure they'll fuck it up. The whole Honda/Acura line up is just all over the place right now.

I got a chuckle a couple times now when Acura has sent me propaganda trying to sell me a new car. What would I want from them? The CSX-S is the same car I have with 2 more doors and its just a Civic Si anyway, so I'd sooner spend $6000 less on an Si. They could have sold me a TSX if they didn't bloat the fuck out of it on the model change.
Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...

Catman

Honda blows pretty bad now.  After looking at that new Focus I think the competition is going to be scrambling a bit.

Northlands

Why oh God why does Honda keep making such weird ass looking cars lately?  :nutty:

I applaud any company trying to change things up for themselves, but I guess since people keep buying these models, they figure they look just fine...  :facepalm:

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

2o6

Quote from: Northlands on January 11, 2010, 08:37:03 PM
Why oh God why does Honda keep making such weird ass looking cars lately?  :nutty:

I applaud any company trying to change things up for themselves, but I guess since people keep buying these models, they figure they look just fine...  :facepalm:

I don't think the looks are the problem. It's the lame powertrain that kills it.

Xer0

All Honda needs to do is give this the Type-R treatment ala the UK CTR (same basic platform right?  Both sport the same rear suspension so I just kind of assumed)  and give it the LSD from the Championship White edition and there you go, car saved.  As it stands its nothing but a too heavy, too thirsty, too slow, and too expensive coupe.  Although it still looks good, just not as good as the concept.

Colin

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on January 11, 2010, 08:15:47 PM
CR-Y, sums it up nicely.
Sadly..... it does.

I'm really disappointed with this thing. Ill proportioned beyond belief. And if it is like an Insight coupe to drive, will be no fun either.

Fail.

omicron

!

Surely not. That can't be right.

Can it?

I've exhausted all my negatives in the Focus thread. I need to go have a cup of tea and come back in a few minutes to hand out insults to this laughable nonsense.

Catman

I think I should delete the thread!

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Catman on January 12, 2010, 10:04:23 AM
I think I should delete the thread!

Look at it, stare fear in the face. Can you see it, can you see deep into it's soul.

CAN YOU SEE IT????

I see it????

WHAT DO YOU SEE?????

It looks, it looks......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

the Teuton

Does this look like it's the same size?

SVT666

Quote from: omicron on January 12, 2010, 02:52:43 AM
!

Surely not. That can't be right.

Can it?

I've exhausted all my negatives in the Focus thread. I need to go have a cup of tea and come back in a few minutes to hand out insults to this laughable nonsense.
Is that real?  It's so oddly proportioned it could be a chop.