Nov 2010
3 (10%)
Dec 2010
2 (6.7%)
Post-Infiniti World Takeover (2011+)
14 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Laconian

If only car manufacturers would stop making new cars, then Polyphony could catch up and then ship GT5!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Minpin

Well, they have to re-do each and every car even if nothing has changed. GT5 has to have PS3 graphics, not PS2 graphics from GT4. It's all about the polygons. Perfection takes time.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

sportyaccordy

GT5 will be released to commemorate the US paying off its federal deficit

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: sportyaccordy on April 16, 2010, 07:45:59 PM
GT5 will be released to commemorate the US paying off its federal deficit

:cry:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Laconian

GT5 is delayed due to the Swift's inability to turn the dyno roller. One cannot release a racing game without the Swift being represented.

the Teuton

When the Nissan GT-S RWD version of the R35 GT-R comes out...that's when we'll get this game.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT_Power

Quote from: Laconian on April 16, 2010, 08:16:10 PM
GT5 is delayed due to the Swift's inability to turn the dyno roller. One cannot release a racing game without the Swift being represented.

I thought it was because the SVT Contours kept blowing up
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Laconian

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 16, 2010, 11:21:25 PM
I thought it was because the SVT Contours kept blowing up
All the SVTC's have rusted into virtual iron filings by now.

SVT_Power

Quote from: Laconian on April 16, 2010, 11:24:43 PM
All the SVTC's have rusted into virtual iron filings by now.

Good thing mine isn't rusted to death anymore  :praise:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raza

Quote from: the Teuton on April 16, 2010, 09:47:06 PM
When the Nissan GT-S RWD version of the R35 GT-R comes out...that's when we'll get this game.

Next week!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Northlands

Apparently Sony has included GT5 as one of their games that will feature "3D". I wonder if this will alter the wait time, or if this is already part of the plan as to why it will be released when I'm 70 years old.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Northlands on April 19, 2010, 02:53:07 PM
Apparently Sony has included GT5 as one of their games that will feature "3D". I wonder if this will alter the wait time, or if this is already part of the plan as to why it will be released when I'm 70 years old.
:wub:
Does that require one of them new fancy 3D TV's?

Northlands

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 19, 2010, 02:53:55 PM
:wub:
Does that require one of them new fancy 3D TV's?

Probably. I can just imagine calling the boys over to watch  a hockey game and everyone having to bring over their $300 pair of 3D glasses to watch.

The future is weird.  :confused:

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

r0tor

Quote from: Northlands on April 19, 2010, 02:53:07 PM

oh god no  :facepalm:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

nickdrinkwater

Never.  The game doesn't exist, it's a marketing ploy to get people to buy the PS3 over the XBOX.

Meanwhile, Forza 3 is out there already doing everything GT5 will do, except for having nice bonnet reflections and twelve versions of the Mitsubishi FTO.  It really is a great game.

2o6

GT5 will give me plenty of opportunities to drive totally obscure Japanese cars such as the Mitsubishi Debonair AMG.

Laconian

So who bet June? Looks like 7 people are wrong so far.

Eye of the Tiger

Yeah, I voted for April. I'm buying a PS3 this winter, GT5 or not, because there are other PS games that I want to play now.

Laconian

I wonder if GT5 will feature hovercars and pod racers by the time it comes out. Don't want the game to feel anachronistic, y'know.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on June 07, 2010, 03:11:06 PM
I wonder if GT5 will feature hovercars and pod racers by the time it comes out. Don't want the game to feel anachronistic, y'know.

Laconian

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on June 07, 2010, 03:13:18 PM

Check out the hilarious skirt that half-materialized-Troi is wearing!

The release date better not be in the 24th century. By then, mankind will have moved beyond vulgar concepts like money, war, and car racing.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on June 07, 2010, 03:16:13 PM
Check out the hilarious skirt that half-materialized-Troi is wearing!

The release date better not be in the 24th century. By then, mankind will have moved beyond vulgar concepts like money, war, and car racing.
Yeah, but I htink it would be fun to have a transporting simulation game.

68_427

One week until E3.  We'll have to see what they announce.
'racecar is die'
no

hotrodalex

Laconian

Quote from: 68_427 on June 07, 2010, 05:04:33 PM
One week until E3.  We'll have to see what they announce.
My money is on podracing. Anakin Skywalker vs. Mine's NSX, could be interesting.

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

hotrodalex

68_427

Same but I'd rather have it earlier.  BTW I will destroy you guys.   :thumbsup:
'racecar is die'
no

hotrodalex

Not on the 'Ring.  ;)

(except Raza's friend, who has continually bested my best times by 20 seconds somehow)