Nov 2010
3 (10%)
Dec 2010
2 (6.7%)
Post-Infiniti World Takeover (2011+)
14 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

SVT_Power

I just tried the top gear intermediate special event (elise one) for 45 minutes straight. Got nothing to show for it.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

68_427

I won the Elise one 1st try.  Ride the brake a tiny bit going into the second to last corner if the rear is coming around for ya.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

SVT_Power

I swear the hardest corner in the whole race is that first corner. Damn comfort hard tires.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Vinsanity

Quote from: SVT_Power on February 01, 2011, 09:03:11 PM
I swear the hardest corner in the whole race is that first corner. Damn comfort hard tires.

+1. After half an hour of trying, all I accomplished was managing to F up that turn in every way imaginable. Screw that shit.

BimmerM3

Yeah that was way too hard with the controller. I haven't gone back to try again since I got the wheel.

r0tor

This will probably be the first GT game I will not complete... no way I'm doing the stupid ass.endurance races that don't let you save in progress and have no b-spec handover option

I've pretty much stopped playing
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

BimmerM3

Quote from: r0tor on February 03, 2011, 01:29:16 PM
This will probably be the first GT game I will not complete... no way I'm doing the stupid ass.endurance races that don't let you save in progress and have no b-spec handover option

I've pretty much stopped playing

Yeah, the actual game play is great, but that whole "User Experience" thing is severely lacking. Here's to hoping they'll release some patches to fix the retarded shit they did in the original release.

Raza

I'm in the same place as r0tor; I've basically stopped playing entirely as well.  I've been playing NFS: Hot Pursuit and actually having fun. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Vinsanity

one of GT5's special events should be a cop car chasing you in the middle of a 16-car race around 2 laps of that 7-mile city course up and down that bridge/tunnel crossing the Tokyo Bay

68_427

I wish my PS3 was working.  I'm really missing this game.  I tried to like NFS HP but I just couldn't get into it.  The driving seemed really dumbed down.  I also really want to get my Bad Company Vietnam on too.
'racecar is die'
no

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Raza  on February 03, 2011, 03:04:52 PM
I'm in the same place as r0tor; I've basically stopped playing entirely as well.  I've been playing NFS: Hot Pursuit and actually having fun. 
I haven't played in over a month. This game does not live up to the hype!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Raza

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on February 03, 2011, 06:06:16 PM
I haven't played in over a month. This game does not live up to the hype!

Way too long a wait for an incomplete game. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Onslaught

I'm glad I didn't buy one of those $300 racing seats. I've not put the game in in three weeks.

Northlands

I haven't played in over a month and a half.

On a side note, I rented Dead Space 2. Now there's a fun survivor horror style game. Chock full of blood and guts too.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Another update,

I also got the X2010 Red Bull car.  Damn it's fast and grippy.  After getting used to the X2010, the Formula Gran Turismo feels like a miata, unbelievably slow, soft, and grip deficient

S204STi

After playing this game at a friend's house I went ahead and picked up a PS3 and a copy of GT5... so far the only disappointment is the lack of regular Porsche models.  Otherwise it's a really fun game.  I'm glad I did it.

Onslaught

I'm starting to get mad at the number of cars in this game. They don't put in many of the cars I'd like to have but put in 300 race versions of one car and call the different.

S204STi

You remind me, my current car is an RX7.  Awesome little car.

SJ_GTI

I just started playing this game last week. So far I am having trouble getting gold in all the licenses, I haven't actually gotten to a real race yet.  :lol:

Kinda dissappointed I won't be able to buy an S4 in the game too.  :rage:

ChrisV

I finally got a copy of GT5 of my own, as my stepson took his to SC with him. Love it so far. I have the HKS controllers, which work real good. Barely started playing A spec (and I think I'm going to run karts for a bit to earn some cash for real cars). But my wife and I battle it out in 2P mode. The HKS controllers made it so this is the first GT game she can actually be successful at.

I like it. Saves money on buying real race cars...
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

68_427

I always thought the HKS was a cool idea, but I didn't wanna risk the $60 and not like it.
'racecar is die'
no

ChrisV

Quote from: 68_427 on March 07, 2011, 01:57:57 PM
I always thought the HKS was a cool idea, but I didn't wanna risk the $60 and not like it.

I paid $60 for a pair of them on Amazon.

68_427

Oh.  It doesn't matter now though.  My PS3 has been broked for almost 2 months.  It sucks.
'racecar is die'
no

ChrisV

Wow. Too bad. I've had my PS3 since they first came out (well, a couple months after and bought it used).

68_427

Yeah mine was launch day.  The dust combined with alot of heat cycles were just too much for it.
'racecar is die'
no

Onslaught

Quote from: 68_427 on March 07, 2011, 02:09:23 PM
Oh.  It doesn't matter now though.  My PS3 has been broked for almost 2 months.  It sucks.
Mine went boom too a week before GT5 came out. Had to send it in and have them fix it.