68_427

Dfgt doesn't even have a clutch pedal.  You'll get bored quickly
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Northlands

Quote from: BimmerM3 on December 31, 2010, 12:42:39 PM
I think I figured out why DQing by hitting other cars makes no sense - it's not based on how hard you hit them, but rather the difference in speed between the two cars in the collision. So you could barely scrape somebody, but if you're moving way faster than them, it still DQs you.

On a related note, the IA-10 Test is really starting to piss me off.

It's doable. Just be nice and alert. I kept messing up trying to win it at 1 am. Get past the first three cars and the rest aren't as aggressive when getting by them.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Onslaught

Quote from: 68_427 on December 31, 2010, 01:09:38 PM
Dude if you are getting hit in the ass you are braking way too early.  The AI blows on the brakes you should be opening a gap.
I'm getting hit in the ass after making a clean pass on a curve. Guy must not have liked it.

I still think the AI in this blows ass.

r0tor

To be honest I liked the prologue better.... it was more concentrated on the crap I actually cared about and the online racing seemed to work worlds better
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

MX793

Quote from: Northlands on December 31, 2010, 02:56:16 PM
It's doable. Just be nice and alert. I kept messing up trying to win it at 1 am. Get past the first three cars and the rest aren't as aggressive when getting by them.

The DQ by collision pisses me off.  Particularly when I get DQ'ed because another car hits me while I'm passing it.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

BimmerM3

Quote from: Onslaught on December 31, 2010, 04:24:10 PM
I'm getting hit in the ass after making a clean pass on a curve. Guy must not have liked it.

I still think the AI in this blows ass.

Yeah.

Quote from: MX793 on December 31, 2010, 04:44:04 PM
The DQ by collision pisses me off.  Particularly when I get DQ'ed because another car hits me while I'm passing it.

I understand why they have it in the game, but it was definitely implemented poorly.

Mustangfan2003

Some of the hits you can get away with and others you can't, it's stupid. 

68_427

We gotta get everyone on and do some shuffle races.  They are good fun.
'racecar is die'
no

Onslaught

Well my name is Mr-Onslaught. I've not done any on-line stuff with GT5 yet. Hell, I'll have to look for my mic for my PS3.

68_427

Okay I don't think I can get on tonight.  Fucking court and town planning meeting.
'racecar is die'
no

BimmerM3

Quote from: 68_427 on January 04, 2011, 04:27:30 AM
Okay I don't think I can get on tonight.  Fucking court and town planning meeting.

Aren't you like 17? What are you doing going to a town planning meeting?

68_427

Quote from: BimmerM3 on January 04, 2011, 10:08:43 AM
Aren't you like 17? What are you doing going to a town planning meeting?

Community service for school.
'racecar is die'
no

r0tor

Fuck the asshole who came up with the historic car challenge on expert

68_427

Quote from: r0tor on January 04, 2011, 07:33:50 PM
Fuck the asshole who came up with the historic car challenge on expert

I beat it with a race mod Camaro.  B spec driver can't win with even a full modded Toyota 7, XJ13, or 330.
'racecar is die'
no

r0tor

This game passes me off... you go from the expert level where you have to mod the shit out of something for the historic car challenge to the extreme series which you can win the Schwartzwald and European car races with bone stock cars

Northlands

This game feels more like work to me than it ever used to. I'm taking a break from playing this mainly because I'm either too old for this shit, or the older versions just seemed more fun.

I'm unimpressed with the lack of accuracy for engine noises yet again. I thought they were going to fix that. You'd figure 6+ years of working on the game would be enough time?  :partyon:

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

El Barto

Quote from: 68_427 on January 04, 2011, 07:45:23 PM
I beat it with a race mod Camaro.  B spec driver can't win with even a full modded Toyota 7, XJ13, or 330.

My B spec driver beat it with a Toyota 7. 
2016 Volkswagen GTI (Aug 2015 - Present)
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg (Aug 2011 - Aug 2015)
2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t (Oct 2007 - Aug 2011)
1990 Nissan Maxima SE (July 2003 - Oct 2007)

Onslaught

Quote from: Northlands on January 05, 2011, 07:46:21 PM

I'm unimpressed with the lack of accuracy for engine noises yet again.
Yep, this part of it sucks. Actually, ALL the sounds for this game suck.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Onslaught on January 05, 2011, 07:52:37 PM
Yep, this part of it sucks. Actually, ALL the sounds for this game suck.
+1,000,000! My '69 Corvette sounds like an Altima.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

68_427

Quote from: El Barto on January 05, 2011, 07:50:43 PM
My B spec driver beat it with a Toyota 7. 

Apparently mine one with a 2J.  I had no Idea he actually did those races.
'racecar is die'
no

hotrodalex

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on January 06, 2011, 12:32:33 AM
+1,000,000! My '69 Corvette sounds like an Altima.

In GT4 my M5 sounded like a muscle car and my Chevelle sounded like a BMW.

Mustangfan2003

So when does this game come out again?

Onslaught

I played GT5 and Forza 3 all day. And I think Forza 3 is a better game.
Any of you guys have both of them? If so, what game do you thinks better?

68_427

I don't have Forza but I too think it's a better "game" while GT5 is more of a "Tool/RPG".  It all depends on what people prefer.
'racecar is die'
no

Onslaught

Quote from: 68_427 on January 10, 2011, 05:10:36 PM
I don't have Forza but I too think it's a better "game" while GT5 is more of a "Tool/RPG".  It all depends on what people prefer.
I think GT has just a little better car physics. And only just a little better at that. And to tell you the truth, it could be because my PS3 wheel is 8 million times better than my 360 one.
I think the main menu on GT is better an having the challenges is nice.

I think both games are a wash on looks. The cars look a little better on GT but the backgrounds look better on Froza.

You've got better tracks on Forza and more of the ones I want to run on too.

The On-Line is a little better on Forza.

The sounds on Forza are MUCH BETTER.

The collision damage is better on Forza.

The Load times are better on Forza.

You can buy any car you want on Forza at anytime. As long as you've got the money. If I want an F-60 to run I can buy it without being at some "level." I paid $60 for a game and think I should buy WTF I want when I want it.

I think you can tune a car a little more on Forza. Or you can upgrade brakes and buy more rims. And do more stuff to the pain it you're into that kind of stuff.

And I've not played as much GT to say this for sure. But it looks like you've got more kinds of races to run in the GT.

So Forza 3 is just the 3rd game out of the series and came out on time. And GT-5 took years to get out and if it's better then Forza (I'm not so sure it is) then it's darn close. To me that makes Forza the winner.

I'm off to play both of them some more.

Gotta-Qik-C7

I hate having to be at a certain level to buy cars aslo! Does Forza have liscence test also?
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Onslaught

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on January 10, 2011, 07:45:22 PM
I hate having to be at a certain level to buy cars aslo! Does Forza have liscence test also?
No, it has no license test. You just get in and race in the stuff you want or you've got a car for. You can't just jump into the high end stuff right from the start. But that's only because you've got to buy them first.

And I don't miss the license test really. I was never a fan of the license test on any GT game. I recall playing GT1 and doing a hard one and thinking that after all that work getting the license that the actual racing would be impossible. But then I'd destroy the race stuff.

Onslaught

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/10q4/gran_turismo_5_vs._forza_motorsport_3-feature

Car and Driver did a good review of both and I agree with them on most of it. I do not however think of GT5 as a "simulator." I've seen PC games that blow it away in that department.

I've played the shit out of Forza3 so GT5 is the game I'm going to rock now. But if you told me I could only have one then it be Forza probably. I'd just have to find a better wheel then I've got.

Raza

Quote from: Onslaught on January 10, 2011, 08:26:25 PM
No, it has no license test. You just get in and race in the stuff you want or you've got a car for. You can't just jump into the high end stuff right from the start. But that's only because you've got to buy them first.

And I don't miss the license test really. I was never a fan of the license test on any GT game. I recall playing GT1 and doing a hard one and thinking that after all that work getting the license that the actual racing would be impossible. But then I'd destroy the race stuff.

Haha!  I still remember driving a Corvette Z06 around a wet circle and never being able to do it quickly enough or without spinning or understeering off. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.