Started by sportyaccordy, December 21, 2009, 01:28:11 PM

Pet of choice???

16 (66.7%)
6 (25%)
(Other)
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 20

hotrodalex

I let my cat sleep with me. Though if he gets annoying he gets booted off the bed.

shp4man

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 23, 2009, 05:37:19 PM
She goes nuts when she sees another cat outside even.  I think she'd kill another animal that came into the house.  As for letting her into the bedroom, my wife would have a hissy fit :lol:.  She just doesn't like animals touching her; myself excluded :praise:.

It takes some cats about 2 weeks to get accustomed to a new cat or even a new human.

Raza

How hard are dachshunds to take care of?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

zps2004

They have back problems.

107WHP ummmm.... yea it is slow
www.clemsonscc.com

Eye of the Tiger

My dachshund died of cancer at 13. Never had back problems, but had to eat special food.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

J86

Portuguese Water Dog and a cat from the pound!

redbloodedamerican

I'm a total cat man, I've got four and plan to get a farm someday so I can have tons of them. My girlfriend is a self professed crazy cat lady too.

I love the fact that I can leave the house for three days and not worry about them while my sister is always pissing off my parents by having them babysit her dog whenever she has to do something.

Eye of the Tiger

I travel with my cat like some people travel with their dogs. He's cool with it.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Tave

Quote from: redbloodedamerican on January 03, 2010, 07:23:25 PM
I'm a total cat man, I've got four and plan to get a farm someday so I can have tons of them.

Have you been around feral cats?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: redbloodedamerican on January 03, 2010, 07:23:25 PM
I'm a total cat man, I've got four and plan to get a farm someday so I can have tons of them. My girlfriend is a self professed crazy cat lady too.

I love the fact that I can leave the house for three days and not worry about them while my sister is always pissing off my parents by having them babysit her dog whenever she has to do something.
If you get a time release food machine for a dog you can leave them alone for days as well, if they're indoor trained.

redbloodedamerican

Quote from: Tave on January 03, 2010, 09:20:19 PM
Have you been around feral cats?

Yes. We kept one for about a year. She had to have her own room because she would attack the other cats. Sadly, we had to giver to my uncle's farm to be a barn cat because she was too violent to the others.

Lebowski

Quote from: sportyaccordy on January 04, 2010, 07:59:35 AM
If you get a time release food machine for a dog you can leave them alone for days as well, if they're indoor trained.

That's not a very nice thing to do to the dog.  They need daily attention and exercise.

Don't get me wrong, dogs are far superior to cats, but if the low-maintenance aspect is what attracts someone to cats they shouldn't get a dog and try and treat it like a cat.

S204STi

Quote from: Lebowski on January 04, 2010, 09:29:29 PM
That's not a very nice thing to do to the dog. 

It's not starvation, if that's what you're thinking.  Thinking toys like that are actually a good way to keep the dog's mind working when you're away from home.  Sure they don't get to scarf down their meal in one fell swoop, but they're going to get it all anyway,  just over time.

But I agree 100% that they still need daily attention and exercise.  No argument at all there.

Minpin

Quote from: R-inge on January 05, 2010, 02:38:26 PM
It's not starvation, if that's what you're thinking.  Thinking toys like that are actually a good way to keep the dog's mind working when you're away from home.  Sure they don't get to scarf down their meal in one fell swoop, but they're going to get it all anyway,  just over time.

But I agree 100% that they still need daily attention and exercise.  No argument at all there.

I think you are confused. We have time release food machine's and you just set how many meals a day (1-3) and at what times and it dumps the food into the bowl at that time. No thinking involved.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

goldenlover1101

I choose both as I have 5 cats and a big golden retriever. My job as a hospital manager at a local animal hospital gives me exposure to lots of dogs and cats ( as well as small mammals, avians, and reptiles) and they are both great pets in their respective ways. You have to understand their differences though and appreciate them. If you don
t understand cats (or comparably dogs) then you will never be interested in them. Different tastes I guess. I love them all!

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."