So you're going to rob a bank!

Started by 2o6, December 23, 2009, 03:07:06 PM

280Z Turbo

Quote from: 2o6 on December 23, 2009, 07:20:20 PM
Do those have rear seats?

No.

The other guy gets left behind to take the rap.

Rupert

Either a giant truck with solid rubber tires that I can take up a super rough 4WD road to lose the cars, and hike through the woods for a few days to lose the chopper, a tank, or dirt bikes. I mean, you robbed a bank; it's not like they'll be shooting at you.

If I was just in it for the car chase, then an original Mini.

And it's all stolen, so who cares how much someone else paid for it?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Quote from: ifcar on December 23, 2009, 03:24:49 PM
A bank robbery that succeeds for any reason but luck would cost more than you can expect to net.

Actually, robbing banks is easy. Just walk in with a note, and walk out with whatever cash they can get to easily. If you're fast and it's in a city, you should be able to blend in pretty quick. :ohyeah:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Payman

Date Listed 21-Dec-09 
Price $3,700.00 
Address Ontario L6X 2A9, Canada
View map 
For Sale By Owner
Year 2008
Colour Green

This tunnel hull has been updated and redone in 2008 and has been raced for two seasons with the APR superleague. The boat comes fully rigged ready to place an engine on the back. New holley fuel pump in 2008, merc power trim, omc ram, drag fuel tank, new wiring in the spring of 2009. Call 519 570 6319 or email for more details.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on December 23, 2009, 07:13:47 PM
First gen RX-7 with a street port 13B.

Why? Because I wanna.

You'll spin out.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Rupert

hotrodalex

Quote from: Payman on December 23, 2009, 11:46:12 PM
Meh, didn't work out well for that guy.

Idiot took a horrible angle towards the concrete barrier. If he would have went towards it head on it would have went right over.

He needs tank driving lessons.

FlatBlackCaddy

what a dumb thread.

"And be cheap. Obviously, you're broke if you're robbing a bank, so you guys can't afford anything too expensive......say $5000."

Yup, i'm a bank robber about to commit a federal crime and i'm going to BUY a getaway car.

You steal a getaway car, so it can be whatever you want it to be.

I'd do the job in a dense city area, and i'd steal a yellow cab so it will blend in.

CALL_911

E34 BMW 530i

I'm sure there are better choices, but I'm sure it would do well. Plus, I like the idea of a 3.0L V8.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

2o6

Quote from: CALL_911 on December 24, 2009, 09:57:13 AM
E34 BMW 530i

I'm sure there are better choices, but I'm sure it would do well. Plus, I like the idea of a 3.0L V8.

I picked a 535i.

Rupert

Quote from: Payman on December 23, 2009, 11:46:12 PM
Meh, didn't work out well for that guy.

He was just driving around. If you're trying to get away, and you have a planned route (might as well plan it-- not like they can block it), no problem.

Payman

I'll take my hydroplane, thank you. The Thousand Islands are close by, and the thing about the Thousand Islands is... there's a thousand of 'em.

omicron

Excuse me please. You are all doing this wrong.

:praise:

MrH

A mattress with wheels attached.

So when I inevitably get caught, I can plead insanity.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Tave

You steal two (or more) boring cars. You use one at the scene, you park the other nearby. Abandon the one that everyone saw and use the parked car to escape.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

the Teuton

I wouldn't rob from a bank like Bonnie and Clyde. If I had $5,000 to spend on supplies to get ready to rob a bank, I'm pretty sure I would do all of it electronically.

The internet is your friend.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Byteme

Quote from: Onslaught on December 25, 2009, 09:43:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Crown-Vic-Police-Interceptor-P71-1-Own-Nice_W0QQitemZ230415175685QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item35a5d09005#ht_823wt_1167

Come to think about it I'd get one of these. And paint it up to look like the local police.

There was a 60 minute made for TV movie back in the late 50's or early 60's featuring Chico and Harpo Marx where they did exactly that.  Bought a car and painted it to look like a police car,  Black and white, so one could rob a jewelry store and the other, dressed as a cop would come arrest him and take the stolen jewelry as evidence.  Only trouble was they reversed every color on the car so instead of white fenders and black doors and roof it was black fenders and white doors and roof.   Lettering was also color reversed.  They got caught.

Lebowski

None of the above. There's no money in bank robberies, it's a high risk, low reward proposition.

Raza

Quote from: Lebowski on December 30, 2009, 01:38:21 PM
None of the above. There's no money in bank robberies, it's a high risk, low reward proposition.

Not if you do it right.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

rohan

Quote from: SVT_Power on December 23, 2009, 03:20:40 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with the helicopter point here. You can get away from helicopters for running from cops for speeding but you can't just leave the money there...
Yeah if you're dumb enough to rob a bank in a major city.  :facepalm:  :lol:

I'll take a 6.0l GTO with upgraded brembo rotors and hawk performance brakes and a full tank of Shell Gasoline.  V-Power it's the choice of bank robbers everywhere! V-Power because your getaway car deserves only the best!  V-Power because the police only use low octane low bid gas.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

rohan

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on December 23, 2009, 07:26:39 PM
No.

The other guy gets left behind to take the rap.
And he rats you out at the first chance he gets.  Bad choice.  Actually I'ld do it alone to be honest.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

J86

I'd definitely run this shit like De Niro in Heat; except I wouldn't go back to the hotel the last time.

sportyaccordy

Bimmer 750i E65

So when the cops catch me and blow my brains out at least my final moments would be in style.

The Pirate

Quote from: Raza  on December 23, 2009, 07:15:31 PM
Silver Honda Accord V6, one or two generations old.  They'd never figure out which one is you.

Bingo.  Add Tave's multiple car theory (more Accords and Camries), and this is the best chance of pulling it off.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.