2011 Mustang GT 5.0

Started by Payman, December 26, 2009, 08:42:47 PM

hounddog

Quote from: EtypeJohn on April 28, 2011, 10:53:35 AM
How true.  Go get some Road and Track magazines from say 69-73 and check the Marketplace section at the back.    You'll cry and then wish for a time machine and a small bag of money. 
My dad had an opportunity to purchase a brand new Corvette for about $1,000 more than the Cutlass he bought in '64.

He bought the Cutlass because; a) He put the rods in the engine on the line while going to MSU for his grad. degree.  b) He needed a rear seat.

He often talks about it and gets red-faced.  Sure, his car is probably worth $25k now but the same year 'Vette?  What, $75k?

It would make me sad, too.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

Nethead

Quote from: SVT666 on June 28, 2011, 02:18:26 PM
Seriously dude?  This has nothing to do with Mustang.  Post this in General Talk.

SVT666:  You're right, SVTdude--but neither do a least a third of all the postings in this thread.  But my personal build-up postings are all facts--Zero conjecture, zero speculation, and zero bullshit.  Hard to find such undiluted honesty in any thread...

And the build-up is surpassing even my expectations:  28 full circuits (140 stories up & 140 stories back down) in 58 minutes 20 seconds on June 30th--I was pleased with 27 full circuits in mid-June but did 28 with a minute & forty seconds to spare by month's end. I sprinted up the stairs part of that last circuit to be sure I got under 60 minutes (but I draw some satisfaction that I still had sprint left in me after having already done 27 full circuits in record time before I started up for the 28th).

Stairwells are not easy :orly:, but you can't beat the work-out for the price.  Even descending 3,752 steps in under thirty minutes is a good work-out--ascending & descending 3,752 steps in under sixty minutes is some serious sweat for a lunch hour :cry:. I don't do it because it's easy.  I do it because I can :ohyeah:.  

This ain't everybody's way to do lunch, just like a Boss 302 Laguna Seca ain't everybody's way to lap Laguna Seca at 1:39.50--Ford put the basic Mustang GT 5.0 through a work-out routine to get more out of it and the Nethead here is doing the same to, well, the Nethead here. Note the difference between 24 full circuits on April 15th and 28 full circuits with a minute forty to spare on June 30th.

Those of you with absolutely no doubts about the robustness of your heart and circulatory system should give The Stairwell Challenge a shot. It's cheaper than a Mustang GT 5.0, too, even if it ain't as much fun (for the benefit of those who insist that the postings stay on topic :rage:)...    
So many stairs...so little time...

hotrodalex

Quote from: hounddog on June 28, 2011, 08:55:31 PM
My dad had an opportunity to purchase a brand new Corvette for about $1,000 more than the Cutlass he bought in '64.

He bought the Cutlass because; a) He put the rods in the engine on the line while going to MSU for his grad. degree.  b) He needed a rear seat.

He often talks about it and gets red-faced.  Sure, his car is probably worth $25k now but the same year 'Vette?  What, $75k?

It would make me sad, too.

My dad could have gotten a Corvette back in the day too. Only like $4k, so he could have afforded it. Sadly, he wouldn't have been able to pay the insurance each month so he had to pass on it.

SVT32V

Quote from: hotrodalex on July 05, 2011, 12:53:33 PM
My dad could have gotten a Corvette back in the day too. Only like $4k, so he could have afforded it. Sadly, he wouldn't have been able to pay the insurance each month so he had to pass on it.

$4K was a good bit of money back then.

hotrodalex

Quote from: SVT32V on July 05, 2011, 03:04:04 PM
$4K was a good bit of money back then.

When it was new, yes. But this was the late 70's or early 80's, so it wasn't quite as much (I don't think...)

68_427

Quote from: hotrodalex on July 05, 2011, 10:42:37 PM
When it was new, yes. But this was the late 70's or early 80's, so it wasn't quite as much (I don't think...)

That's when my dad bought his Corvette.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

BENZ BOY15

I want a Corvette. LOL

When we were having the Burban serviced, we drove one around the block and I liked it! This was a couple years back.

However, there is/was absolutely zero chance of my parents buying a Corvette or any type of sports car. OH WELLSZ.

68_427

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on July 06, 2011, 12:43:02 AM
I want a Corvette. LOL

When we were having the Burban serviced, we drove one around the block and I liked it! This was a couple years back.

However, there is/was absolutely zero chance of my parents buying a Corvette or any type of sports car. OH WELLSZ.

It's like nothing else to look over the fenders and L88 hood of an early C3. 
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no