2011 Mustang GT 5.0

Started by Payman, December 26, 2009, 08:42:47 PM

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on January 13, 2010, 02:12:27 PM
The 6.2L was developed to replace the gas 6.8L V10 in Ford's SuperDuty and commercial duty vehicles. Be very surprised if you find it in factory car from Ford anytime soon.
I knew that, but now I feel stupid.  Thanks.  I really do think we may see an aluminum block high performance version for the GT500 in the next two years.

omicron

Quote from: the Teuton on January 13, 2010, 02:01:42 PM
I'm trying to figure out if the next Mustang and Falcon will share a platform. I hope so.

They'd have to, surely. The Falcon is too far removed from the rest of the Ford world and too reliant upon the Australian market for it to exist as a wholly-unique model beyond the current generation - unique platform, unique six-cylinder engine, unique configuration of the modular V8, unique automatic transmission, and so on (then again, similar arguments were made against the 1988 EA, and the 1994 EF, and the 1997 AU, and the 2002 BA.....).

omicron

Quote from: Nethead on January 14, 2010, 06:38:12 AM
omicron:  Omi, the Falcon seems pretty excellent "as is"--couldn't they just continue producing it with its straight six and maybe sub in the Mustang's 5.0L V8 for the modular V8? 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

I'd love to see it hang around. It's as economical, powerful and reliable as any comparable V6 with a unique, effortless power delivery that some high-revving sixes lack these days, but with only 31,000 Falcons sold in '09 I imagine the dollar equation doesn't look so good.

Isn't the '11 Mustang meant to have a sharp new six, though?

Atomic

i am a fan of the mustang, but not crazy about the recent refreshing of it. fmc is great about finally improving upon it's cars sooner than most, but i am not crazy about the rear lights and other cosmetic "enhancements". still a great product, but it does leave me wanting more (and less). functionally, it is outstanding!

SVT666

Quote from: Atomic on January 16, 2010, 05:30:12 PM
i am a fan of the mustang, but not crazy about the recent refreshing of it. fmc is great about finally improving upon it's cars sooner than most, but i am not crazy about the rear lights and other cosmetic "enhancements". still a great product, but it does leave me wanting more (and less). functionally, it is outstanding!
There is only one spot on the 2010 Mustang that I don't like.  The huge amount of black plastic on the back bumper.  I would have just had the cut line go straight around the back of the car instead of going up.  I also would have not given that black plastic any shape.  The shape brings attention to it, when it shouldn't be noticed.  Otherwise, I love everything about this car.

ChrisV

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 16, 2010, 08:56:32 PM
There is only one spot on the 2010 Mustang that I don't like.  The huge amount of black plastic on the back bumper.  I would have just had the cut line go straight around the back of the car instead of going up.  I also would have not given that black plastic any shape.  The shape brings attention to it, when it shouldn't be noticed.  Otherwise, I love everything about this car.

Once again, in perfect agreement.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

S204STi

I'd suggest that without it the rear would look even larger than it does now.

Sigma Projects

I don't like the plastic thing on the red car, but on the blue stang it looks like a diffuser which I don't mind and actually like.  But it is a little big, but diffusers are more usable the longer they are :(
RAs, the last of the RWD Celicas

Catman

I like the new care very much.  My only criticism is some of the OEM wheels.

SVT666

Onslaught

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 16, 2010, 08:56:32 PM
There is only one spot on the 2010 Mustang that I don't like.  The huge amount of black plastic on the back bumper.  I would have just had the cut line go straight around the back of the car instead of going up.  I also would have not given that black plastic any shape.  The shape brings attention to it, when it shouldn't be noticed.  Otherwise, I love everything about this car.

I agree. And it's why I think that black and dark blue ones look the best. You don't notice it all that much in the dark colors.
I'm not a huge fan of the chrome GT badge on the deck lid. It's just a little too big I think.

A car hit a power pole at or dealership last week and it's lines fell across 5 brand new 2010 Mustang GT's. I'm having to fix most of them this week.

omicron

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 17, 2010, 10:17:56 PM
New California Special

Drat. Not an improvement, from that angle at least. 

giant_mtb

It needs to sit like...1" lower.  Then I think I'd be pretty damn pleased.

Sigma Projects

I really hate seeing the mustang from that angle, I love it when it's more from a top down perspective and you can see the angry glare it has.
RAs, the last of the RWD Celicas

giant_mtb

Where have I seen that lean-forward grille before...?

Oh, yeah!

:lol:

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

...or

Okay, it's stupid  :nutty:.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

SVT666

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 18, 2010, 10:53:03 AM
Where have I seen that lean-forward grille before...?

Oh, yeah!

:lol:
How about every Mustang before 1973.

giant_mtb

It was a joke y'all. Hence the whole "smiley face" thing. :huh:

SVT666

giant_mtb

Vinsanity

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 18, 2010, 02:02:48 PM
What? :huh:

people apparently take their Mustangs seriously around these parts

the Teuton

That Mustang CS looks a little like a George Barris car.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

hotrodalex

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 18, 2010, 10:20:40 AM
It needs to sit like...1" lower.  Then I think I'd be pretty damn pleased.

2 inches.

And the grill doesn't do anything for me. It's not bad, but it's not better looking than the normal grill. I don't know why either - that was my favorite grill style for the 2005 design.

SVT666

Quote from: hotrodalex on January 18, 2010, 04:04:15 PM
2 inches.

And the grill doesn't do anything for me. It's not bad, but it's not better looking than the normal grill. I don't know why either - that was my favorite grill style for the 2005 design.
An inch and a half is perfect.  2" is starting to be too low.

SVT666

Quote from: hotrodalex on January 18, 2010, 04:04:15 PM
2 inches.

I'm with ya.  The grille worked better on the '05-'09 car.  The Shelby GT and Shelby GT-H in particular looked pretty hot with it.

hotrodalex

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 18, 2010, 05:25:27 PM
I'm with ya.  The grille worked better on the '05-'09 car.  The Shelby GT and Shelby GT-H in particular looked pretty hot with it.

:wub:

SVT666

Official: Shelby GT350 revived with supercharged big block 5.0 V8
01/18/2010, 10:00 PM
BY ANDREW GANZ

Confirming Leftlane?s reports last week, Shelby American has brought back Carroll Shelby?s most historic race-ready car, the GT350, with a supercharged 5.0-liter big block V8 2011 Ford Mustang GT done in the spirit of the original 1965 GT350.

The 2011 Shelby GT350 starts life as a standard 2011 Ford Mustang GT, which is either shipped directly from the Flat Rock, Michigan, Mustang assembly plant or from a new Ford dealer. Shelby American then takes the ?secretary?s car,? as Shelby himself calls the Mustang GT, and adds a Ford Racing/Whipple supercharger, Borla center exit exhaust, Cragar 19-inch wheels and Baer brakes to create a roughly 500-horsepower reborn GT350. Unique GT350 valve covers set off the underhood appearance.

A six-speed manual is the only available transmission.

The custom body is swathed in white paint with Guardsman racing stripes ? like the original GT350 race cars ? and includes a unique bodykit designed by former Ford and Hot Wheels designer Larry Wood. The look is designed to blend styling cues of the past with the 2011 Mustang shape, and it includes a unique front fascia, tail light trim, front splitter, rear deck lid filler panel, rear fascia, functional rocker and hood scoops and GT350 badging.

?In 1964, Ford Motor Company asked Shelby American to turn their secretary?s car into a race winner to help them sell Mustangs,? said Carroll Shelby in a statement released to the media. ?Our Shelby GT350 ruled its class at the track and was feared by GM and Chrysler owners on the street. Enthusiasts have anticipated the GT350?s return since it went out of production in 1970. Now my band of hot rodders has created a car worthy of the name.?

The 2011 Shelby GT350 adds $33,995 to the price of a standard 2011 Ford Mustang GT.